All-Star What Do You Think About Cea's New Location In Charlotte?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We shall see...

This is a fair discussion, but you are making a number of assumptions that aren't yours to make.

1. You have know idea what CEA's motivation was for opening the new gym or why their location is where it is in realtion to CAC. You can quote Courtney Pope, but please don't tell me what you think she is thinking.

2. You can't tell me what CAC is thinking either. Find some quotes if you want but this speculation just leads to drama.

3. You can't assume what the athletes are thinking or going to think when the gym opens up. Go there and form your own opinion. It also might be helpful if you look at a map and become familiar with the are before you comment on it.

4. Am I right in quoting that you use premium gas since it has superior additives or were you just saying that?

Yup.same road

The corner right down the street from my office has a CVS, a Walgreens and a Rite Aid. All on the same intersection, on three of the four corners. It's the beauty of the competitive nature in any industry. Comsumers typically pick one brand or retailer that they're more loyal to. Those that are loyal CAC athletes won't be going anywhere. Those that do leave CAC have every right to do so.

This is a fair discussion, but you are making a number of assumptions that aren't yours to make.

1. You have know idea what CEA's motivation was for opening the new gym or why their location is where it is in realtion to CAC. You can quote Courtney Pope, but please don't tell me what you think she is thinking.

2. You can't tell me what CAC is thinking either. Find some quotes if you want but this speculation just leads to drama.

3. You can't assume what the athletes are thinking or going to think when the gym opens up. Go there and form your own opinion. It also might be helpful if you look at a map and become familiar with the are before you comment on it.

4. Am I right in quoting that you use premium gas since it has superior additives or were you just saying that?
You are right! I should've added "IMO" to all my statements!

As for number 4, I said "if" the gas were better quality, I'd pay the 4.25. But its really not, so I don't pay it

This is kind of off topic, but I thought of it because I was thinking of reasons athletes would leave Charlotte. The uniforms.

What if Charlotte busted out with some hot GK crop top/shorts uniforms? That would be a shocker, but it would be awesome. I bet those teams would look so much better if they looked sporty instead of like they're about to go perform for the local Southern Baptist Church.

I think it will impact Charlotte to some degree. Although they are different programs, they're not as different as say, Top Gun and Charlotte. I know athletes go back and forth between CEA and CAC, and I'm sure there are some parents who made changes due to location and cost that might now be in favor of CEA. Or it might, but they might choose to stay at CAC anyway. I do think it WILL be an impact, but I think it also depends on how well they do the first year.

As for opening a metro gym- Who wants to help me form an NYC cheer gym?

This is kind of off topic, but I thought of it because I was thinking of reasons athletes would leave Charlotte. The uniforms.

What if Charlotte busted out with some hot GK crop top/shorts uniforms? That would be a shocker, but it would be awesome. I bet those teams would look so much better if they looked sporty instead of like they're about to go perform for the local Southern Baptist Church.
I believe CAC is a christian orginization....no gk booty popppin.... lol.... diffrent strokes for diffrent folks..... keeps it interesting!!

I think it will impact Charlotte to some degree. Although they are different programs, they're not as different as say, Top Gun and Charlotte. I know athletes go back and forth between CEA and CAC, and I'm sure there are some parents who made changes due to location and cost that might now be in favor of CEA. Or it might, but they might choose to stay at CAC anyway. I do think it WILL be an impact, but I think it also depends on how well they do the first year.

As for opening a metro gym- Who wants to help me form an NYC cheer gym?
I hear ya but as someone in this thread has already mentioned it is not the culture in this area. Why are there such fewe gyms in the surrounding NY area?? Only one tiny gym in Westchester County with probably the highest income per household in the country?? It will take a long time before it will happen unfourtunatley. :(
Until then its the 160 mile trip to the garden state and mecca of cheer.... for the next 8 years!

Yeah I don't see that happening, it would be shock and I am under the impression that CAC would rather lose a few kids that want to wear 'hot gk crop tops' then the rest of the whole program that supports their uniforms and ethics within the program. I applaud CAC for not bending to what is 'the norm' in cheer and holding their beliefs about the uniforms strong, no matter if I agree with it or not. =)

Here is how I see all of this, my gym is fairly well known nationwide and there are 3 OTHER gyms within 5 miles of our location. If another gym of ANY name wants to step into "my" backyard, bring it, I'm not worried. I focus on my kids, my gym. Kids come and go everyday for any number of 1,000 things. If your worried about your neighbor, your not worried about yourself, then you WILL have a problem. Both programs have SOLID history's. My hope for CAC is that this will PUSH them harder (not that they are slackers by any stretch of the imagination) and for CEA, I hope this continues to spread their current "army". I may or may not always agree with everything that goes on in the "cheer world" but for these TWO organizations I feel that they want positives in the industry. Does that mean that sometimes you compete against one another, yes, does that mean it's bad, no.

Here is how I see all of this, my gym is fairly well known nationwide and there are 3 OTHER gyms within 5 miles of our location. If another gym of ANY name wants to step into "my" backyard, bring it, I'm not worried. I focus on my kids, my gym. Kids come and go everyday for any number of 1,000 things. If your worried about your neighbor, your not worried about yourself, then you WILL have a problem. Both programs have SOLID history's. My hope for CAC is that this will PUSH them harder (not that they are slackers by any stretch of the imagination) and for CEA, I hope this continues to spread their current "army". I may or may not always agree with everything that goes on in the "cheer world" but for these TWO organizations I feel that they want positives in the industry. Does that mean that sometimes you compete against one another, yes, does that mean it's bad, no.
Can I shimmy this a million times? I can't figure out what the big deal is. If you're worried about kids flocking to a new program that's a good indication something is not right at yours. Fix it.

This is a tough thread. We have all been praying it doesn't come up because this whole thing has been a very nasty business here in Charlotte. Because of many things said here that aren't true and my more intimate knowledge of the opening I want to clear up some issues.

1. Other gyms in the Charlotte area are not feeders for CAC. A large portion of our kids start as Tinys/Minis and stay for 12 years. We also have a strong gymnastics and pre-school program which brings many kids to the Allstar side. Likewise there are many strong programs in the area that train their athletes long term as well. CAC has a good relationship with them and we enjoy competing against each other.

2. CEA Charlotte's opening is being led by a former CAC Mom that left 3 or 4 years ago. There were issues when she left. I won't list them here out of respect CAC and her.

3. The CEA location was specifically chosen to be close to CAC. This is a huge city with a lot of open space. One location originally considered was 1 mile from CAC on our same road. It was the original gym where CAC started over 20 years ago. I personally find this ironic. I do not know why this one wasn't chosen but the current one is 4 miles away.

4. The fake Facebook was created by someone who supported CEA as that person specifically asked the kids to attend CEA tryouts. That is recruiting.

5. Flyers have been handed out by CEA or thier supporters at our local coompetitions to bring kids to the new location. I do not know if it was staff or the supporters. I have heard CEA parents are given credit for athletes brought into the program so it could have been a parent. I do not claim to know those specifics though.

6. CEA management SPECIFICALLY told one of our staff in person they were opening this location to take our CAC level 5 kids.

7. There were two larger groups of kids that left CAC to go to CEA in the past. Some youth kids left one year (approx 4-5) and a group of Senior 5 kids left another (approx 10-12). I think that was the year SE won Worlds. Since then there have been some here or there and some have come back.

8. CAC will lose some kids. Some will choose to go elsewhere because this may not the environment for them. Some have had tough years and want to try something new. And then there are our core group of kids that believe in what CAC is about and would never leave. The great thing about CAC is we never burn bridges. We wish kids the best when they leave and open the door to them if they come back. This has worked well for us in the past.

I am sure these statements will upset many but the bottom line is they are true. The opening of CEA is a personal target to specifically recruit CAC kids and other programs around us. I fully believe in a free market and aside from the fake Facebook account I do not think anything here is illegal. However it bothers me that gyms use these type tactics to build their program. To me it is unethical and unprofessional but everyone else has to make up their own mind.

CAC will be fine. They've been in business for over 20 years. They know what they are doing.

The other thing that has to be remembered is CEA has a thousand athletes and thousands of fans. You can't control what every athlete and their parents are doing or if they are recruiting... and it is even more impossible to try to control the fans. Who knows who started the fake facebook. It's a shame it reflects poorly on CEA to some of you when in reality it's probably a 12 year old athlete.

and I thought Illinois cheer was bad...

No one is proud in NC that this has gotten so out of control. CAC/Cheersport has endured repeated attacks over the last few years and have always "turned the other cheek". Most people feel it's just time to start standing up for ourselves.

Back