What Do You Think Of The New Nca Nationals Jacket?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Opinions? Love? Hate?
My cp and I hate this new design and personally we like the circle thing on the back because the jacket stood out more... In fact, this jacket does not have anything noteworthy about it, my daughter noted that the old jacket with the huge white patch can be seen from far away and recognized as NCA, but this jacket can now be confuse and looks like any of the other winning jackets floating around...Does not scream prestigious accomplishment enough...only saying!!!:cool:

My cp and I hate this new design and personally we like the circle thing on the back because the jacket stood out more... In fact, this jacket does not have anything noteworthy about it, my daughter noted that the old jacket with the huge white patch can be seen from far away and recognized as NCA, but this jacket can now be confuse and looks like any of the other winning jackets floating around...Does not scream prestigious accomplishment enough...only saying!!!:cool:
Completely agree with everything you said...

...and still wish my kid could've gotten one this weekend. Le sigh.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I wonder, do they plan to change them every year ? Given that people like to wear their jackets to other competitions an annual design change would differentiate a current champion from one in past years. Or, maybe for those lucky enough to have more than one jacket in their closet, they can have multiple design choices this way. Kidding aside, initially my CP didn't find the new design to be as striking in appearance. My CP was fortunate enough to win a jacket this year. But, when choosing which jacket to wear home on the plane (last years or this year) she chose to wear the new design. After wearing the jacket for an hour she declared she liked the new design after all she just had to get used to it. So, maybe we all just need to get used to it and then we'll start liking it more. I hope so because I too like the old design better.

Can someone post a photo of the old one next to the new one? I honestly can't picture what the original design looked like now, my head just pictures the new one.

(Not that it matters, I'm in England and have never seen one in real life, but I'm curious!)

4aqe6una.jpg

jatehe8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Now that I see them side by side, I have to vote for last year's design too. Not that having the jacket isn't awesome but if we're just talking design of the back. :)

Hate it - the old one was classic and instantly recognizable. The new design was almost a consolation to not winning this year. Many of the girls said "oh well, the jacket is ugly anyway" while of course wishing they had won one. Hope they go back to the old design next year. Anyone know the reason behind the change?

i actually like the new design more! its cleaner and more put-together IMO.

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

I like the old design but had Little Bit won this weekend, she would be wearing it with pride!!!

Back