What Do You Think Of The New Nca Nationals Jacket?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After seeing the new jackets in person on some kids at a comp today, I really like them! The lettering looks gold rather than yellow like it does in the pictures and that changed my kind about it a lot. I think the new ones look cleaner. I wouldn't complain about winning either one of them, though!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yes the old ones were like true leather, these are something different. Like really thin compared to the old one!
The arms on the jacket changed prior to the new design change that occurred this year. I can't recall whether it was one or two years prior when we noticed the sleeve change.

The arms on the jacket changed prior to the new design change that occurred this year. I can't recall whether it was one or two years prior when we noticed the sleeve change.

I was going to say this, too. 2013 arms are the same material and thickness as 2014 arms. Not sure about 2012, but 2011 jackets definitely had the thicker and stiffer arms.

I was going to say this, too. 2013 arms are the same material and thickness as 2014 arms. Not sure about 2012, but 2011 jackets definitely had the thicker and stiffer arms.

I was about to tag you because I knew you would know!! So proud of her able to collect all those NCA Jackets! She is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cp's jackets just collect in the closet. I think she wore her NCA one once to school, no one knew what it was, she never wore it again. She prefers hoodies and wears the ones she has gotten all the time.
After seeing the new jackets she said "oh I would probably just give that to a tiny that didn't get one..." She felt bad for the athletes who didn't get an older one. Hopefully they go back to the old design.

2gwc49f.jpg

This was my daughter's first year at NCA & she has barely taken the jacket off! While I loved the classic design of the old one that the kids from her gym won last year, this one is still nice. The NATIONAL CHAMPION appears yellow in photos, but it actually a gold thread in person. Whether people love or hate the new design, it's still an honor to have one.

Now, you're just bragging and those of us who haven't won 3 times. :cool:

I think she won four !!! Lol

Mini 1 (the cutest mini team ever)
Youth 2
Junior 4

Then j5 at CA

The year in between y2 and j4 she was a close winner on j3...Lol
I wish she could of kept the streak going then she could give us the full jacket run down from year to year!

I think she won four !!! Lol

Mini 1 (the cutest mini team ever)
Youth 2
Junior 4

Then j5 at CA

The year in between y2 and j4 she was a close winner on j3...Lol
I wish she could of kept the streak going then she could give us the full jacket run down from year to year!

Thanks for the correction. Now, I know she's bragging........bwahahahahaha

The arms on the new one also look different.
Are the "leather" arms different than the old ones'?
"Only just saying",
Comparing the leather arms from the other competition jackets- these jackets sleeves actually feel like soft butter leather... I actually have a coat that has the soft leather and actually, the soft leather 'supposedly' are of higher quality than the hard leather material...(I am saying this because I paid more money for my soft leather coat than the hard leather coat, which I also own in the past too!)

My Cp was not a big fan of the new jacket BUT, she would still like to have won one!! Good thing she has 3 of the old style in 3 different sizes. Hoping they go back to the old style, it just seemed to have more recognition as an NCA Dallas jacket!

"Only just saying",
Comparing the leather arms from the other competition jackets- these jackets sleeves actually feel like soft butter leather... I actually have a coat that has the soft leather and actually, the soft leather 'supposedly' are of higher quality than the hard leather material...(I am saying this because I paid more money for my soft leather coat than the hard leather coat, which I also own in the past too!)
The old leather arms were so stiff. The team would come out for pictures after receiving their jackets and they looked like the Michelin Man unable to bend their arms. It was really pronounced on the little kids. But they were still very cute and so proud of their jackets. The jackets are warmer with the leather arms as well.

Back