What Do You Think Of The New Nca Nationals Jacket?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think the jacket itself, not the logo, should be redesigned. it looks like it comes straight out of the 90s fashion. it could use a fashion update.

I like the old design better. The new one is not original, many others have the same positioning of the design. The old ones were very set apart from the other brands and was the jacket most people got to love. I feel bad for anyone who won this year and expected the old ones tbh.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

As someone mentioned above as soon as I saw the jackets I was really disappointed and thought At least they're ugly! Given that my team wasn't even close to winning I would still love to have one either way. I was also really let down with the backdrop in the arena. It didn't seem as prestigious or a big deal. I'm just excited to be given the chance to compete in the arena this season but I hope they don't do something like that again.

I like the old design better. The new one is not original, many others have the same positioning of the design. The old ones were very set apart from the other brands and was the jacket most people got to love. I feel bad for anyone who won this year and expected the old ones tbh.

I definitely agree with you and tbh, it would have been better if they offered the athletes a choice of jackets-- old design or the new design jackets-
or better yet, if they were going to change the design, maybe, keep the design in the back on the old jacket, but keep 'National Champion' in gold thread lettering like on the new jacket design - a little of both old and new...I think that jacket will have been better received and still kept the NCA iconic updated feel...

Last edited:
At champions league someone working one of the pro shop tables (CA I think?) was wearing one and had fully blinged out the back including a gold stone covering the yellow lettering... It was the first time I saw that jacket and liked it. Still didn't like it as much as the original, but I didn't hate it.

I definitely agree with you and tbh, it would have been better if they offered the athletes a choice of jackets-- old design or the new design jackets-
or better yet, if they were going to change the design, maybe, keep the design in the back on the old jacket, but keep 'National Champion' in gold thread lettering like on the new jacket design - a little of both old and new...I think that jacket will have been better received and still kept the NCA iconic updated feel...
I think they didn't give athletes a choice because of production reasons. It would be hard to make them with out have a lot left over, they also need appropriate sizing for everyone of both jackets. But Im not gonna come down on the new ones too hard, its just that people who won them said they weren't made the same, as in a little cheaper. The leather wasn't the same etc. But as far as changing the design they could of made them the same way, not cheaper.

I have to say, after blinging the NCA jacket, which took about 10 million rhinestones - this jacket is BEAUTIFUL! I had everything bling out thoroughly the letters and all borders in yellow, red, blue and clear crystals, Wow, beautiful! This jacket definitely looks better than the old design, now...

I have to say, after blinging the NCA jacket, which took about 10 million rhinestones - this jacket is BEAUTIFUL! I had everything bling out thoroughly the letters and all borders in yellow, red, blue and clear crystals, Wow, beautiful! This jacket definitely looks better than the old design, now...

Can you share a picture?

Back