All-Star What Is Everyone's Favorite Part Of Beginning Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not an excuse. I work a full time job, and am at the gym 4 days a week. During the summer, you have cheer between 5 and 10 hours a week and that's it for most of these kids. Make it work.
Exactly. I have 2 teams i'm on (rec and all star) and i make my schedule work where i can be at each practice for at least half of each. (they both are on wednesdays) If i go on vacation usually i plan it around cheer. Thats what you get when you're apart of a team.

The push to get better and improve I think is definitely present, it seems that a lot of people want to work harder and I love seeing athletes gain new skills! My second favorite would be getting my teams music, or hearing other teams' music,,it means competition is just around the corner! :)

My favorite part is getting music!

And my least favorite is a tie between learning motions (not dance, just motions) and the first full-out.

Not an excuse. I work a full time job, and am at the gym 4 days a week. During the summer, you have cheer between 5 and 10 hours a week and that's it for most of these kids. Make it work.
Amen. My son is a cadet chief master sergeant in the civil air patrol getting ready to test for 2nd Leiutenant, he's in marching band and double teams so he's at the gym four days a week. He's only missed two practices all summer because he was on staff at NCs summer encampment.

I completely agree. It's a little different if it's what my gym calls an "approved" absence, i.e. family vacation, weddings, camps scheduled before you got the summer schedules...but if you're in town and you're not gonna come to practice? Uh uh. don't even try that one with my coaches. I never miss summer practice unless I'm out of town, which is normally for my brother's travel baseball.

When I cheered, choreography was my absolute FAVORITE part.

Now that I don't, it's watching everyone's routine for the first time.

Amen. My son is a cadet chief master sergeant in the civil air patrol getting ready to test for 2nd Leiutenant, he's in marching band and double teams so he's at the gym four days a week. He's only missed two practices all summer because he was on staff at NCs summer encampment.

And see that's ok....except it's not ok too. Lol I have a point and I'll get to it and if it's alright with you I'm going to use your post as my example.

If every kid only missed two practices that would be ok IF everyone missed the same two practices. It's the staggered absences that makes it not ok. When Joey is absent on Tuesday but there on Thursday and the spotter in his group is out on Thursday but there on Sunday and then the flyer is out on Sunday but there on Tuesday THIS is where it's a problem.

And if this is how it goes throughout the summer with different kids and groups, NO ONE actually gets a real practice.

I know, some things you HAVE to miss for. But everyone misses for something important right?

And my favorite part of the beginning is when the music and the routine come together!

well if you cheer 1o months and you don't have a brake your body will end up hurt and you cant cheer then what!? i don't think you know how much pressure is out on us cheerleaders.

And see that's ok....except it's not ok too. Lol I have a point and I'll get to it and if it's alright with you I'm going to use your post as my example.

If every kid only missed two practices that would be ok IF everyone missed the same two practices. It's the staggered absences that makes it not ok. When Joey is absent on Tuesday but there on Thursday and the spotter in his group is out on Thursday but there on Sunday and then the flyer is out on Sunday but there on Tuesday THIS is where it's a problem.

And if this is how it goes throughout the summer with different kids and groups, NO ONE actually gets a real practice.

I know, some things you HAVE to miss for. But everyone misses for something important right?
I agree with you. My daughter hasn't missed a single practice. The staggered misses are definitely problematic, but I think they go along with summer. My issue is when half the team is out every practice. We end up moving groups around every practice anyway to find the right fit so our groups arent necessarily set yet. The ones that totally gripe my goat are the kids that are out for five weeks. We've had kids that have taken 3-4 vacations and only come to one or two practices all summer. that's what drives me crazy.

Back