What Is Your Cheer Workout?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 13, 2013
At cheer practice everyone works out differently. On my team, we do these work outs everyday:
  • Run a mile and a half
  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 20 air jacks
  • 25 squats
  • 2 min wall sits
  • 10 crunches
  • 30 second plank
  • 45 push ups
  • 35 mountain climbers
What workouts do you guys do on your team?

Well matters on the level but we do Jump Lines. We put on a song, have five people per line and every other count that your jumps start on, you do jumps to back tuck. It continues in a rotating process till the music ends. Usually we do 2 songs. DEATH but it's a good workout that also strengthens your skill

We do the same jump lines but just jumps, no back tucks. It is absolute death! We also do a lot of other conditioning to make sure we are all stretched out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My team (level 2) runs 5 straight minutes then we do a different crossfit workout for about 30 minutes focusing on a different part of the body each practice.

~Run around the mat for 5 mins.
~ kick up hanstand going up and down the mat.
~ 4 sets of push-ups 25 each set.
~ 50 back handsprings
~ 25 toe touches
~ 100 squats
~ sit the wall for 3:30 mins.
~ running tumbling goin up and down the rows
~ 50 lemon squeezes
~ 10 hollow holds rolling on the mat
And many more...

1 min hollow body hold, right from hollow body hold do 50 tuck ups, suicides, inchworm push-ups, squats(any kind), regular push-ups, and a lot of stunting conditioning. But most of the time it depends on my coaches mood!

My team (level 2) runs 5 straight minutes then we do a different crossfit workout for about 30 minutes focusing on a different part of the body each practice.
Hey Alex, I own a cheer gym along with my wife and love fitness as well, so I went and got certified in the level 1crossfit. I just wanted to know how or if crossfit is helping as far as cheerleading goes.

Hey Alex, I own a cheer gym along with my wife and love fitness as well, so I went and got certified in the level 1crossfit. I just wanted to know how or if crossfit is helping as far as cheerleading goes.

Hi! Crossfit does help with cheer. It makes routines easier to get through overall and it conditions every aspect of your body. I really do benefit from the workouts.

Run about 1/2 a mile
Stretches(Arms,legs,neck)
Jumps:Right herkie, left herkie, toetouch, and a pike
Arm: T, Broken T, Right and Left L, High/Low V, ect hold each for 5 mins
Peps: (Evil)
25 Jumping Jacks
25 pushups

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Before practice we do 100 jumping jacks, and run if we talk too much. stretch, lunges, splits, leg lift (50 left, 50 right, 50 middle, 50 both), Then we have conditioning the last 15 minutes of practice. There are some days where we just condition, but it's different since we are working on stunts for the basketball games at my school.

My youth and mini teams:

5 minute run
3 times down and back bear crawls
Suicides or ladders
Line jumps (literally jumping from line to line similar to a hop hurdle)
Eagle bouncers
Thunder jumps
Explosion jumps
15-25 up-up-down-downs
15-25 push ups
35 sit ups
50 cheer jacks
Relay races

Back