All-Star What Skills Arent Hard Enough For The Level They Legally Become Available In?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interesting. I've seen quite the opposite. It was particularly noticeable in the arena at NCA. A minimum of 4 athletes (often 6) standing behind stunts with two others tumbling and these teams placed well. It will be interesting to see what these teams do for worlds.
I saw that too at NCA but I still don't see that being a commonality across the industry for this season.

How will this work at Worlds? How do y'all think following the varsity numbers for stunt requirements at Worlds will impact team placements?

I really wish it was comparative / set up same as Worlds all season.

Agreed. We are having to kind of redo our routine for worlds because we really played to the Varsity scoresheet to score well and get a bid at our first competition (less athletes in each section, clean "elite" labeled skills, etc) and it will definitely NOT do well at Worlds.

Agreed. We are having to kind of redo our routine for worlds because we really played to the Varsity scoresheet to score well and get a bid at our first competition (less athletes in each section, clean "elite" labeled skills, etc) and it will definitely NOT do well at Worlds.
Well that's confusing. Why would you have to score one way to get the bid but change it for the actual event you got the bid for?

Standing bhs series to tuck illegal in level 3, but that pass can end in a layout at level 4.
But the new rules won't allow level 4 to end in a layout...because they are "dumbing down" standing tumbling... totally going the wrong direction. Instead of changing level 4 and restricted they should instead allow standing two to tuck on level 3. Because if a 5r can't do standing two to fulls only two to lay, but kids are expected to do one to full or two to double on a worlds team that literally makes ZERO SENSE! I'm praying that nonsense changes. Ugh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The level 3 to level 4 standing tumbling gap was huge and needed to be rectified. A little drastic yes but I appreciate what they are trying to do.
So why go backwards? Why not allow standing two to tuck to level 3, leave 4 and r5 alone and the gap is closed. Simple easy fix that isn't watering down the sport.

And because:
4688668e4138abc21361f6bde1e21598bf0d18751fb011bd6d638cb06d94e6ec.jpg
THIS. Lol

So why go backwards? Why not allow standing two to tuck to level 3, leave 4 and r5 alone and the gap is closed. Simple easy fix that isn't watering down the sport.

That would make for a pretty insane jump from 2 to 3. I fail to see how making a safer and more steady progression of levels is going backwards. Completely disagree with that.

That would make for a pretty insane jump from 2 to 3. I fail to see how making a safer and more steady progression of levels is going backwards. Completely disagree with that.
I guess I'm confused why standing tumbling isn't the same as running tumbling across all levels. If you can tuck on level 3 why not have tucks in both standing and running? My kid can't be the only kid who had to learn standing skills in line with running and didn't progress to the next thing until both the running and standing skill were perfected. Maybe that is where the real problem lies. Can you please tell me though, how you expect to bridge what will be an even bigger gap between level 5r and 5 when it comes to standing?

But the new rules won't allow level 4 to end in a layout...because they are "dumbing down" standing tumbling... totally going the wrong direction. Instead of changing level 4 and restricted they should instead allow standing two to tuck on level 3. Because if a 5r can't do standing two to fulls only two to lay, but kids are expected to do one to full or two to double on a worlds team that literally makes ZERO SENSE! I'm praying that nonsense changes. Ugh

This was always the jump between level 4 and 5 anyways. I've always said that the difference on either side of level 3 (from 2->3, and then from 3->4) were the largest and hardest to adapt to/often created the worst habits for athletes who compete at their exact level, for both stunts and tumbling. I think the new tumbling rules will help safer progressions.

Last edited:
Back