All-Star What's The Freakin' Problem? And, Where Does It Freakin' Extend.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

DJ

Dec 14, 2009
So, reading this morning that Kyle Blitch is removing the word FREAKIN' from every California All Stars Mix?

Where does the limit end?
Is Top Gun, no longer allowed to shoot people & put their name on the bullet?

Is Georgia no longer allowed to give us gifts of beat downs?

Is Senior Elite, no longer allowed X us out?

Is Stingrays Orange, no longer allowed to Crush?

Is Top Gun no longer allowed to talk about "mah neck, mah back back back back.)

Is Cheer Athletics no longer allowed to make the claws come out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIEJo_ApM7I

Are Weather girls no longer allowed (cut or cuss) you, you, you, and you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wduj7V_SE

Is F5 no longer allowed to get us Twisted? (I don't know what that is exactly, but sounds painful)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct-jdexKdDw

I can go ON, AND ON... when is enough - enough? Who is making these decisions?

I think there needs to be a line but when managing a program in regards to appropriateness, better safe than sorry. I'd rather be to "clean" than deducted, not worth risking it IMO.

I think there is sizable difference in "X-ing someone out" and saying "orange crush" and saying "freakin" in a routine. I'm not saying "freakin" is terrible, I've heard worse. But as it originated, freakin was toned down replacement for a different F-word. I used to get in trouble around my house for saying "freakin" because even my mom understood the connotation.

I specifically remember Justin Carrier saying something along the line of if a lyric or voiceover makes the crowd think of something....dirtier, it could be considered for a deduction. Well, maybe not so much this younger generation, but I know for a fact if my mom heard freakin in a cheer routine, she would associate it with the F-word. My grandparents would be appalled, it's just the way times have changed. These people attend cheer competitions, and this is what I think they are trying to avoid. X-ing someone out or the Georgia Beat Down don't really associate themselves with foul language, which is why...in my opinion...they are on different levels.

Taking out a voiceover is nothing to get upset over. It's not going to take anything away from their amazing talent or their awesome routines. =)

I think there is sizable difference in "X-ing someone out" and saying "orange crush" and saying "freakin" in a routine. I'm not saying "freakin" is terrible, I've heard worse. But as it originated, freakin was toned down replacement for a different F-word. I used to get in trouble around my house for saying "freakin" because even my mom understood the connotation.

I specifically remember Justin Carrier saying something along the line of if a lyric or voiceover makes the crowd think of something....dirtier, it could be considered for a deduction. Well, maybe not so much this younger generation, but I know for a fact if my mom heard freakin in a cheer routine, she would associate it with the F-word. My grandparents would be appalled, it's just the way times have changed. These people attend cheer competitions, and this is what I think they are trying to avoid. X-ing someone out or the Georgia Beat Down don't really associate themselves with foul language, which is why...in my opinion...they are on different levels.

Taking out a voiceover is nothing to get upset over. It's not going to take anything away from their amazing talent or their awesome routines. =)

I agree. Saying "freakin" is on a different level then "x-ing" someone out.
I feel like this is a common sense issue and should be a non-issue. Apparently not. *sigh*

ETA: And if I remember correctly GA had to remove something from their music a few years back for being inappropriate. Maybe it was the "He'll yeah" before the Train dance? I cant recall but just wanted to point out that this is not a picking on CA topic.

I agree. Saying "freakin" is on a different level then "x-ing" someone out.
I feel like this is a common sense issue and should be a non-issue. Apparently not. *sigh*

ETA: And if I remember correctly GA had to remove something from their music a few years back for being inappropriate. Maybe it was the "He'll yeah" before the Train dance? I cant recall but just wanted to point out that this is not a picking on CA topic.
Yep. Their music did say "This aint nothing but a Georgia Party, Helllll yeaaaah" in Coed 4s dance the 1st year the GA reopened. It was changed.

With freakin' out, I propose Cali flippin'-fornia. I think it's quite fitting actually.
thats still the same issue with just another word that probably wont work. Its too easy for someone to think that flippin, friken, any other variation someone wants to come up with is replacing a fowl word.

Exactly, there is a difference in some of the voiceovers. I personally was never a big fan of the 2010 Top Gun worlds mix because I felt is sort of crossed the line with some of the voiceovers, but that is different then "x-ing" someone out.

Not sure why people are so upset about it, Lady Bullets will be just as talented as they would have been with "freakin" in their name.

Back