All-Star What's The Freakin' Problem? And, Where Does It Freakin' Extend.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With all due respect, you're older... I liked it. (in retrospect, I am younger)
I would say that the word freak is used for other things too... Words evolve... Like the word gay... Used to be used for happy... Not Any more... It's dumb and such a waste of time and effort:/. IMO

Our whole planet is going this way. Everyone's ultra sensitive about everything, so it's no surprise that it's happening in cheer. I think "Cali-Freakin'-Fornia" is such an established thing that it would be impossible to get 8 judges to agree on it. Chances are one of them is a fan of Cali and doesn't want to see them deducted for something that has become somewhat of a trademark.
Unless a team is dancing to Dance (A$$) by Jay Sean/Nicki Minaj, in which it says the A-Word (I feel so 8 saying that) 27 times in a row... I think most of the situations are over-exaggerations.

overreactions* not over-exaggerations.

No more Cali-freakin'-fornia?!

This is me right now:
e875218082415a99c9213801de6bc7aa.gif

Just to clarify... this is only NCA right? Or has this been a blanket warning?

ANYTHING that could be taken in a different connotation, possibly as something nasty or "bad"?

Well we might as well just get rid of words altogether. Just about ANYTHING you say can be taken in a raunchy way these days.

We might as well all stop wearing Nike practice gear too, since you know, their slogan is "Just Do It." The kids might get the wrong impression of what it means to "do it".....

This is ridiculous...

ANYTHING that could be taken in a different connotation, possibly as something nasty or "bad"?

Well we might as well just get rid of words altogether. Just about ANYTHING you say can be taken in a raunchy way these days.

We might as well all stop wearing Nike practice gear too, since you know, their slogan is "Just Do It." The kids might get the wrong impression of what it means to "do it".....

This is ridiculous...
so true. nike is promoting "you know what" by saying "just do it". at least some people might take it that way. (insert sarcam)

but no really, people need to relax. its almost 2012. we no longer live in the 60s. TIME changes, MUSIC changes. if you dont want to hear people music, then dont go or wear earplugs.

Back