All-Star What's The Freakin' Problem? And, Where Does It Freakin' Extend.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

it doesnt matter how you try to disguise it or cover it up or what excuse you made for doing it.... the truth is it all means the same thing.... why else you use the word "mutha" unless your actually talkin about your mother.... i know when Beyonce's song comes i on i actually say the F word even though she doesnt because i know thats what she really means.....same for cheer music it doesnt matter how you try to justify using a curse word/ or a form of it... in cheer music IT SHOULDNT BE DONE..... no matter what gym you come from i tihnk coaches and people who do these mixes can be more creative in regards to using clean catchy yet motivating music
Let's be honest... You are a Cali hater... We can handle the truth:)))

Let's be honest... You are a Cali hater... We can handle the truth:)))
i dont hate any gym ....CALI has always been a favorite of mine......i did post earlier that i think the people in the CALI gym are more creative than to throw "Freakin" in there... i think they can come up with something just as catchy but more creative than THAT 0__0...

i also mentioned that top gun did it too and im not a top gun hater either ...i just dont like when its done.... you have this great creative routine and you kind of ruin it for me when u cant be more creative than to add watered down curse words in your music /voiceovers...

Rays do a butt slap? (wait. . .am I allowed to say "butt"? Gosh darn it, that's twice now)

Next time I see you, I'm bringing a bar of soap to wash your mouth out. Sigh. And you were one of the good ones. Gonna have to put you down.

it doesnt matter how you try to disguise it or cover it up or what excuse you made for doing it.... the truth is it all means the same thing.... why else you use the word "mutha" unless your actually talkin about your mother.... i know when Beyonce's song comes i on i actually say the F word even though she doesnt because i know thats what she really means.....same for cheer music it doesnt matter how you try to justify using a curse word/ or a form of it... in cheer music IT SHOULDNT BE DONE..... no matter what gym you come from i tihnk coaches and people who do these mixes can be more creative in regards to using clean catchy yet motivating music

What has me baffled about this entire situation is the "all of sudden extremely conservative" attitude in reference to these words. These terms are not newly invented and they certainly weren't born from cheerleading. I'm not trying to justify curse words in cheerleading music and I'm certainly not suggesting they should be included however there is CLEARLY a difference between the "F" word and "Freakin". It has nothing to do with Cali at all and I'm sorry that they have to be the lead example on this topic. If the FCC bleeps it out on the radio, or tv then it very well is a curse word (although the "B" word lately has been loosely used by both) but the word "Freakin" would NEVER be bleeped out because it's not a curse word. If that's the case let's not say "Shoot", or "Darn" because allegedly it means something else. Seriously :rolleyes:

I believe it is the timing of the reminder. People think if a reminder is being sent out that from this moment on Varsity will be even stricter on decency. If not... Why send out a reminder now instead of the beginning of the season?

I get it's not a new rule but the perception is now everyone's about to be stricter.

Next time I see you, I'm bringing a bar of soap to wash your mouth out. Sigh. And you were one of the good ones. Gonna have to put you down.

I get it, it's cause I said "gosh" and "darn" together. Sorry!

(note: that time was only for illustration. I didn't mean anything by it)

I believe it is the timing of the reminder. People think if a reminder is being sent out that from this moment on Varsity will be even stricter on decency. If not... Why send out a reminder now instead of the beginning of the season?

I get it's not a new rule but the perception is now everyone's about to be stricter.

And with Jamfest's follow up email today.

I don't want anyone to think I'm in favor of lewd or vulgar words/dances/etc. I'm not and I think anyone that has known me would agree.

I could care less about using the word freakin' in older teams music, but when its in their tiny/mini/and youth teams music...you dont want 5 year olds walking around saying freakin' and frick...

New flash they do lol. :D
Doesn't mean they should lol. Like that time my brother was five and flipped me off..he's lucky he didn't lose that finger ;)

I don't know that it's suddenly 'ultra-conservative ATTACK OF DEATHNESS', but it's one of those things that's kinda obvious but you just don't realize it. Like at work today, I was carrying a tray and four glasses in my hand. My manager came up to me and goes 'You know, you could have just put the glasses ON the tray, right?' And I felt like an idiot. It's might not be that we're suddenly afraid of being less than 100% PC, but that we realized that screaming 'FREAKIN' out 20 times in a mini's mix probably isn't actually a good image to represent allstar cheer. Something we only realized AFTER we were reminded that appropriate wording and choreo is something we need to maintain. Or that maybe getting frisky with the floor isn't the most 'family friendly' of dance moves..

Oh yeah I can see why Cali would ask for it to be removed. It seems though that some believe NCA contact Cali when Justin said that NCA had no problem with it. People seem to like to have someone to point fingers at and now they don't know who. I think the only person that should be upset about it is Kyle since he had to do all the work in taking the voiceover out.
I have a feeling he gets paid pretty well.....

Doesn't mean they should lol. Like that time my brother was five and flipped me off..he's lucky he didn't lose that finger ;)

I don't know that it's suddenly 'ultra-conservative ATTACK OF DEATHNESS', but it's one of those things that's kinda obvious but you just don't realize it. Like at work today, I was carrying a tray and four glasses in my hand. My manager came up to me and goes 'You know, you could have just put the glasses ON the tray, right?' And I felt like an idiot. It's might not be that we're suddenly afraid of being less than 100% PC, but that we realized that screaming 'FREAKIN' out 20 times in a mini's mix probably isn't actually a good image to represent allstar cheer. Something we only realized AFTER we were reminded that appropriate wording and choreo is something we need to maintain. Or that maybe getting frisky with the floor isn't the most 'family friendly' of dance moves..

I never said they should lol. In fact I've said time and time again that I'm not condoning or advocating for cursing in cheerleading routines. Let's at least try to present better examples than "Freakin" because it's not a curse word. If it were it certainly shouldn't have taken 4 years to figure out that it was one. We know a curse word when we hear it or don't hear it because it's been beeped out. Unfortunately "Freakin" doesn't fall into that category.

I never said they should lol. In fact I've said time and time again that I'm not condoning or advocating for cursing in cheerleading routines. Let's at least try to present better examples than "Freakin" because it's not a curse word. If it were it certainly shouldn't have taken 4 years to figure out that it was one. We know a curse word when we hear it or don't hear it because it's been beeped out. Unfortunately "Freakin" doesn't fall into that category.

I agree with you, it's not a curse word, but "freakin" was introduced into our vernacular specifically to replace the other "f" word. I don't know that they would view "shiz" any better. "Darn" or "shoot," maybe, but they don't hold the same power.

Back