High School Where Is The Best Placement For The Cheer? (comp Routine)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

At the competitions I've been to, the coach/team representative has to push play. This way you can't blame someone else for pushing play too early/too late/at wrong time, etc. I'm a bit of a control freak so there is no way I would allow someone other than myself to push play.
The two different tracks has worked to our advantage in the past as I KNOW when they are ready, I KNOW when they aren't. I leave a few seconds in between the cheer and end music so they can ham it up with the crowd and get pumped for their ending. One track would make me nervous as what if they are cheering faster than normal (nerves) or slower than normal due to a stunt fall or something. Guess it's whatever works for your team.
In high school we hosted a competition and my job was to be the music player for teams if the coaches wanted to sit in front of their team or whatever (which they all did). Yeah, never doing that again, too much pressure hahah

At the competitions I've been to, the coach/team representative has to push play. This way you can't blame someone else for pushing play too early/too late/at wrong time, etc. I'm a bit of a control freak so there is no way I would allow someone other than myself to push play.
The two different tracks has worked to our advantage in the past as I KNOW when they are ready, I KNOW when they aren't. I leave a few seconds in between the cheer and end music so they can ham it up with the crowd and get pumped for their ending. One track would make me nervous as what if they are cheering faster than normal (nerves) or slower than normal due to a stunt fall or something. Guess it's whatever works for your team.
I like your method.

Loudness is a section on my high school score sheet. When you have music playing it's really hard to hear the words. We always did the cheer first and got nearly perfect scores for that portion. I also like to just get it out of the way and the rest of the routine flows.

In high school we hosted a competition and my job was to be the music player for teams if the coaches wanted to sit in front of their team or whatever (which they all did). Yeah, never doing that again, too much pressure hahah

Oh trust me! I was still where they could see me and hearing me wasn't a problem either (if you were within a 3 mile radius you can hear me). Our competitions had the music station in front of the mats, off to the side so that the coaches were really close to the action but not in the way. I love the setup that way. I always apologized to the sound guys for my obnoxiously loud voice. Once had a cheerleader from the host school sitting there with the music and she told me afterwards "You are hilarious. I wish our coach was so into it like you". I also apologize to my alternate/sit in coaches that help me at competitions, they get squeezed, smacked, jumped on, etc throughout the routine. Yep, I'm one of those crazy enthusiastic coaches, my poor children will probably never play a sport in fear of my "cheering" for them. haha

one time, my team had one track that was opening music, blank space for cheer, and then ending music. our coach preferred it, because you only had to press play once and not deal with switching/pausing/etc. well at one competition (states, i think? lol we weren't great anyway so who knows) we must have cheered slow or waited too long to start the cheer and the second half of the music started before we finished cheering. the coach couldn't go back, because the whole track would have to start again. it was a disaster to say the least with everyone like "do we finish the cheer or catch up to the music?!" and scrambling around the mat. LOL good times.

for that reason, one solid track with a space in the middle makes me nervous. learn from our mistake and cheer at the beginning or use two separate tracks!

Oh trust me! I was still where they could see me and hearing me wasn't a problem either (if you were within a 3 mile radius you can hear me). Our competitions had the music station in front of the mats, off to the side so that the coaches were really close to the action but not in the way. I love the setup that way. I always apologized to the sound guys for my obnoxiously loud voice. Once had a cheerleader from the host school sitting there with the music and she told me afterwards "You are hilarious. I wish our coach was so into it like you". I also apologize to my alternate/sit in coaches that help me at competitions, they get squeezed, smacked, jumped on, etc throughout the routine. Yep, I'm one of those crazy enthusiastic coaches, my poor children will probably never play a sport in fear of my "cheering" for them. haha

Coaches like you are the so entertaining to watch as well the routine as it shows you care how your team does.

Not highschool but my coach was next to someone videoing the routine and in the video you can just hear her screaming and at the end going mental it is so funny

Back