All-Star Which Is More Difficult?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Only the boards can make me feel like I'm back in middle school. Sorry I'm not in on the popularity contest, but I really could careless.

caring.png

I couldn't care less personally :)

No fuss. I can tell you right now that we can do full squad high to highs but I don't think they would score higher than truple stretch press (I assume that is correct term) . I could be wrong but I'll pull out the sheets from last weekend and show you that difficulty is not always factored into a score.
I would assume that the first stunt sequence including the triple tick tock AND the full up to immediate scorpion AND the second stunt sequence are factored into the score. Also, difficulty should be the only aspect factored into the difficulty section.

I would think so King. Now this kind of stuff, education of people such as athletes, parents and instruction of terminology will lead to questions about scores being asked and will filter down through the system to the sheets and the pencils. Kudos to you and the others here on this thread.

I know why you are responding. But before we misunderstand we are breaking it down piece by piece. Yes individually speaking the same body positions tick tock is harder at the top than with a power press. BUT, as you add in body positions and multiple tick tocks in a row things get more difficult. For instance: A fullup is not as hard as a 1.25 up. BUT a fullup immediate stretch is harder than a 1.25 up. And yes, it is the judges job to know which is more difficult and why. So a triple stretch power press tick tock is signifigantly harder than a high lib to stretch. But you take into account are their front spots, how many are there for how many people on the floor, and a bunch of stuff.

I would assume that the first stunt sequence including the triple tick tock AND the full up to immediate scorpion AND the second stunt sequence are factored into the score. Also, difficulty should be the only aspect factored into the difficulty section.

I guess, but you cannot tell by the comparative scores, especially different panels at the same competition.

I think power press tik toks are easier than high to high tik toks. Basing power press tik toks are easier to me because there is more time to catch the foot. High to high tik toks are quick and hard to save.

I guess, but you cannot tell by the comparative scores, especially different panels at the same competition.
trying to decipher what 2 separate panels think is better is an exercise in total frustration. I don't concern myself with why a certain division outscores another division.

I know why you are responding. But before we misunderstand we are breaking it down piece by piece. Yes individually speaking the same body positions tick tock is harder at the top than with a power press. BUT, as you add in body positions and multiple tick tocks in a row things get more difficult. For instance: A fullup is not as hard as a 1.25 up. BUT a fullup immediate stretch is harder than a 1.25 up. And yes, it is the judges job to know which is more difficult and why. So a triple stretch power press tick tock is signifigantly harder than a high lib to stretch. But you take into account are their front spots, how many are there for how many people on the floor, and a bunch of stuff.

You trust the actual scores more than I do. It can get very complex to have to tabulate a score quickly. I suggest scores based on video review at nationals and worlds in the higher levels especially.

trying to decipher what 2 separate panels think is better is an exercise in total frustration. I don't concern myself with why a certain division outscores another division.

Especially when the apples to apples comparisons between the two panels make no comparative sense. But I suspect an unavoidable part of subjective judging.

You may think your internet antics are cute, but as a grown man I find them highly embarrassing.

I am pretty embarrassed I post on a cheerleading message board. Who does that???

No, you don't just post, you live & you act like a child.

I feel like I am getting told off by my 70 year old neighbor. Yes Miss Stevenson. I'll stop. You are right. And I'll eat my veggies too.

Back