All-Star Which Is More Difficult?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm getting there. The ones used in the original post. I suspect I'm speaking for many on the science of tictockology and it's terminology. High to high, low to high, press, front to back, side to side, front stretch, side stretch, etc. You know, one famous coach once said "what it all the fuss about tic tocks, first you tic, then you tock."

I feel like if they scored lib tick tocks the same as stretch to stretch you might put up a small fuss?

Watch UCA high school nationals over the last ummm say 10 years.

I have UCA high school, all star and college on tape since 1995 and I don't remember teams doing squad tick tocks,especially tick tock stretches. Now there are teams who do full ups and switch ups, but not the extended tick tocks.

the way panthers and starlites do theirs is the easiest ive ever done. you can build up momentum with dipping. its almost as easy as a switch up. id say power press and high to high are both pretty even depending on what youre doing.

the way panthers and starlites do theirs is the easiest ive ever done. you can build up momentum with dipping. its almost as easy as a switch up. id say power press and high to high are both pretty even depending on what youre doing.
I think thats what makes it hard. The more power, the harder it is. I want as little air time as possible as a base. The higher it goes. The harder it comes down.

I feel like if they scored lib tick tocks the same as stretch to stretch you might put up a small fuss?

No fuss. I can tell you right now that we can do full squad high to highs but I don't think they would score higher than truple stretch press (I assume that is correct term) . I could be wrong but I'll pull out the sheets from last weekend and show you that difficulty is not always factored into a score.

No fuss. I can tell you right now that we can do full squad high to highs but I don't think they would score higher than truple stretch press (I assume that is correct term) . I could be wrong but I'll pull out the sheets from last weekend and show you that difficulty is not always factored into a score.

I agree, but that isn't apples to apples. A triple stretch high to high would outscore a triple stretch power press.

I agree, but that isn't apples to apples. A triple stretch high to high would outscore a triple stretch power press.

I would think so King. Now this kind of stuff, education of people such as athletes, parents and instruction of terminology will lead to questions about scores being asked and will filter down through the system to the sheets and the pencils. Kudos to you and the others here on this thread.

Back