All-Star Which Is More Difficult?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I ask the same thing about people having a sense of humor on the internet.

You were trying to be funny at my expense, but I obviously don't find any humor in it. It would have took less of an effort to just say what you meant in the first place. Sorry I didn't know smokes elite sequence off the top of my head, and sorry if I'd rather goto youtube before going thru the list of videos, but really your comment was unnecessary.

You were trying to be funny at my expense, but I obviously don't find any humor in it. It would have took less of an effort to just say what you meant in the first place. Sorry I didn't know smokes elite sequence off the top of my head, and sorry if I'd rather goto youtube before going thru the list of videos, but really your comment was unnecessary.
Sa-curity, sa-curity, you need to go, neeeeds to go.

Huh? Maybe?

Just trying to be certain I know the terms. After watching scoring on the sheets for awhile, I think there is going to have to be some evolution in judging to make this type of discussion anything but a talk of terminology. But like with anything, defining the terms is a good start.

So your telling me, from a judges perspective that high to high regardless of body position should outscore power press? I'm not looking to argue but just clarification. thanks for your input

Yes if the pre and post release body positions are the same for each option.

Just trying to be certain I know the terms. After watching scoring on the sheets for awhile, I think there is going to have to be some evolution in judging to make this type of discussion anything but a talk of terminology. But like with anything, defining the terms is a good start.

Please list the terms and definitions so we can let you know if we agree on them.

I just wanna know which scores the highest, no point in doing the risky high to high stretch to stretch when a power press scores the same ya know?

Yeah they will both score in the same high range, but your right if you do high to high and dont execute it well then obviously you wont score high, if you do the power press and execute it almost perfect then theres where you're going to score higher. But in my opinion if both are done perfect the high to high will get better scores!

Please list the terms and definitions so we can let you know if we agree on them.

I'm getting there. The ones used in the original post. I suspect I'm speaking for many on the science of tictockology and it's terminology. High to high, low to high, press, front to back, side to side, front stretch, side stretch, etc. You know, one famous coach once said "what it all the fuss about tic tocks, first you tic, then you tock."

I definitely think that high to high is the hardest to do and hit consistently because you have the least amount of air time. With a low to high or even a power press you can bend your arms and legs and really throw the flyer and give her more air time. But with a high to high your arms need to be locked out the whole time. I think its harder for the same reason that cradling from an extension is harder than cradling from a half.

Back