All-Star Who Was the First....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kelly.........standing full in competition

Well Ambrel (i think its her) competed a standing full at worlds in 2004. so im sure she competed it at the start of the season in 03.... if it was someone else in 04 on supercats, i think it was ambrel in 05

Also, idk who those other girls are or when they cheered. {Kati Smith or Amanda Wiggins? (Extreme Cheer and Dance, then Cheer Athletics Wildcat/FierceKat)}

i would also like to add that i have an obsession with Britany Talbert!

Well Ambrel (i think its her) competed a standing full at worlds in 2004. so im sure she competed it at the start of the season in 03.... if it was someone else in 04 on supercats, i think it was ambrel in 05

Almost positive its ambrel cause someone does full punch full also.

First switch up...
power small senior 05-06 ?
they didnt hit at the top though

Also...

Allstar panthers
first team to double out of needles (head down by their foot, not flat back scorps)
and first team to double out of front arabesques

F5, first all girl team to do a 2-man stunt... 3, 6, 9, woooo 9 is good lookin

Power, only all girl team to ever put up 12 stunts

First switch up...
power small senior 05-06 ?
they didnt hit at the top though

I do beleive Wilmington Allstars did switch ups in 00-01 and were the first to do stretch stretch tick tocks at the top in the late 90's at UCA nationals: senior small coed!

Wilmington Allstars also was the first to do low to high tick toks coed without a side guy.

These are the ones I can think of on the top of my head (I know some have already been listed, but these are ones I would have listed if I was the first one to post on this thread :) ):

All Star: (1) Top Gun was the first to compete a pike open basket (1995 I believe)... People only did Toe Touch baskets before then, funny enough. After that, all the other variations happened.
(2) Top Gun first to compete a kick double basket (2000. I know this was already mentioned). And they actually had 2 of them, one spinning to the left, one spinning to the right. I believe they were also the first to compete multiple kick doubles in one section (They competed 5 in 2002-2003 which was unheard of at that time)
(3) Top Gun first team to have people (2) tumble in and out of a group (2007)
(4) Brad Chapman was the first person to compete a back & forth pass for Brandon All Stars Large Coed on HARD FLOOR (I remember him doing it in the 00-01 season... he may have done it the year before though).
(5) Cheer Athletics was the first program to win multiple World Titles in one year
(6) I don't know if this is a fact, but I'm sure Matt McGrath has to be the first to throw multiple double fulls in one routine (both standing and running) on hard floor... back when he was on Spirit of Texas Junior Coed in the late 90's, early 2000's.
(7) Stingray All Stars first to win 4 World Titles in a row in one division (2007-2010).
(8) Georgia All Stars Large Coed was the first team to ever put up 11 stunts at once (2004-2005... Doctor Theme)

College (I know this is an All Star thread, but there are some things that have been done in college cheer that need to be recognized):

The University of Kentucky has done a ton of first. (1) First to do full up double QP's (2001) (2) First to do lib to stretch tick tock double QP's (2002) (3) First to do one arm double Heel Stretches (2003) (4) First to toss double ups to the top (2003) (5) First to double up a 2-2-1 (2005) (6) First to do Rewind to double QP's (2007) ..... And I'm sure there's many more but I'm getting tired of listing them all haha.

The University of Louisville also has many firsts: First to do the whirly bird (2003... and I diiiiiiiied when I saw it live... didn't think that was humanly possible), First to do triple bird/star pyramid, I think they were also the first to do a rewind stunt period (I may be wrong though). And I'm sure there's several others also.

Back