All-Star Who's Going? Champions League Movie Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How dare they deprive you guys of BOTH netflix and redbox! :eek:

You don't even want to know how many other things we don't have here due to legal difficulties...

Nice thought but I tweeted nfinity and champions league yesterday asking for a DVD option and they were very clear that there wouldn't be one. It's Thursday night ONLY. No DVD option afterward.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Didn't want to give you a negative rating, but "dislike" (the info, not your post)!

I want to go see it but I don't feel like spending $13.50 on a movie ticket and I'm pretty sure it's just about all sold out in Green Bay. I'm assuming all of GBE will be there and I know a lot of people from Green Bay Fusion (a small gym in the area) are going too.

I really want to go see it, but I have class Thursday night. Plus, the only theater showing it is on a really sketchy side of town. There's no way I'd feel comfortable going alone. :(

I also hate when people are loud in movies and I have a feeling with this being ALL cheerleaders I would get really stressed out and not enjoy myself, haha

All you guys saying you don't want to pay 15 bucks for this movie... How much do you pay to watch a competition?? I know it's 15-20 bucks a day and it's loud and obnoxious! I think it's worth 15 bucks to see an Inaugural event feature film. The live feed probably would have been more if they had offered it.

@mstealtoyou please don't tell me yall sold out the grand in winston salem...
@alexamarysouza

Regal Greensboro Grande Stadium 16 Add to Favorite Theaters
3205 Northline Ave.
Greensboro, NC 27408

That's the one we sold out and is where SE is watching it........they've added another screen and there are still tickets available.

The Grand in Winston Salem still looks available! Also Cinnemark Brassfield in Greensboro still has tickets.

Here's the link...........Champions League Cheerleading Event (2014) Movie Times - Movie Tickets - Fandango.com

Last edited:
Posted by request from Cassie Bienvenue from ECE!

Home from Atlanta after what was one of the best weekends our C5 and J5 kids have ever had! Having read lots of mixed reviews surrounding The Champions League, here is what stands out in my mind.....

Caliber of the teams - 30 amazing teams competed back to back in a 3-hour span. At Worlds or any other event, watching this would have taken several days and multiple arenas. Yes, there were some mistakes made by teams but they were minimal & when is this not the case! Best 3 hours of cheerleading I've ever watched live!

Pre-Event Planning - Every coach and gym owner involved in this league had the ability to be as involved or as uninvolved as they wished. Every aspect of the competition was voted upon by us & explained to us every step of the way. We had the opportunity to contribute our ideas and suggestions as each decision was made. This is something I've never seen happen before and it was by far the most refreshing aspect of the event for me. We were able to give input into the scoring system & our ideas were implemented. We were able to vote upon who would be chosen to judge the event, how the event would run, what additional perks would surround the competition, etc. In an industry where we are often simply dictated to, the entire concept felt empowering to us! Who would not prefer a democracy to a dictatorship!

Involving the Athletes - Prior to the CL, each team selected a "captain". These kids had conference calls just like the coaches & gym owners. Most importantly, they had the opportunity to contribute. For as long as they have all been cheering, I don't know that they've ever been asked by an event company what they want most in a competition. This time, they were asked and their suggestions were implemented! Most impressive is that when they were asked what kind of an award they wanted - they voted to give to charity rather than receive medals, rings, jackets, etc. Because of their pre-event involvement, they made connections and developed friendships with athletes from all over the US - not via social media but by actual conversation. People can knock the prom and the red carpet entrance but this is something they enjoyed. It was an extra and it did not take away from the fact that they all wanted to compete & hit routines the following day. There was a huge sense of community Friday night in GA & the memories that these kids made with their competitors & friends is something that they likely won't soon forget.

Scoring - An extreme amount of effort was made to get the scoring right & most importantly, to give the coaches absolutely every tool necessary to succeed. Whether you agree or not with the results, I saw more care at this event in furnishing coaches with the knowledge necessary to succeed than at all others combined. Here is why - prior to the event, we were given the chance to submit a video & script of routine. If we took this opportunity, we then received a complete breakdown of our difficulty scores prior to the event, giving us the ability to make changes, etc. Most importantly, no surprises!! Round One was scored for difficulty only. Meaning - all of the skills were counted, etc so that in the later round, judges could concentrate entirely on the routine being performed, execution of skills, choreography, etc. We personally loved this format and I saw very few coaches challenging skill ranges as we all knew exactly how we'd score going in. I can imagine that it made the jobs of the judges much easier as well and allowed them to fully concentrate on the routines being performed as opposed to counting skills throughout.

Logistically there were definitely some issues that arose but in my opinion, these are easily fixable for the future! I support this competition 100% and thoroughly enjoyed our time competing at the Champions League! I give Tammy Van Vleet, Tate Chalk, and Nfinity a ton of credit for not only putting on such a spectacular event but for putting some power back in the hands of the gyms! Big shout out as well to JR DjRizz Locklayer for editing all of our mixes for film! I cannot wait for Thursday#cheernightout!!

All you guys saying you don't want to pay 15 bucks for this movie... How much do you pay to watch a competition?? I know it's 15-20 bucks a day and it's loud and obnoxious! I think it's worth 15 bucks to see an Inaugural event feature film. The live feed probably would have been more if they had offered it.

I don't go to competitions either. :confused:
Only ones my mom volunteers to front my way in because my sister is competing at them, haha

ughh i have lab finals all this week and lecture finals next week. and the closest theatre is an hour away. going is not an option. any idea why nfinity is so adamantly against having a purchase option? i'd gladly pay for it. at the very least i hope the kids who competed get a DVD since they're the stars of the movie.

I have work. And I'm 24. I wouldn't know anybody going/talking about it in 'real life' lol.

I was wondering if my film friends might have seen the trailer and would ask me about it, but they're not the right demographic. I doubt the trailer for this is opening for Capt America Winter Soldier or Grand Budapest Hotel :p

Back