All-Star Woodward 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This will be my fourth or fifth year going (unfortunately a few weeks after you)... Woodward is soooo much fun!! You are going to LOVE it!! Take advantage of the open gyms, don't skip mandatory, and show effort; but don't forget to make time to meet new people, and go to some (if not all) of the nighttime activities. Have fun!! :D:p

My daughter and her friend are also going week 1. They are 12 years old. My daughter went when she was 8 years old and has been really wanting to go back, so this summer we are making it happen. :)

Has anyone been to the California one? I'm thinking of sending my cp but don't know if it's worth the money.
Thanks.

This will be cp's 6th or 7th summer at the PA one, I've lost count. She is either going week 8 or 9, whichever week is at the end of July into the beginning of August
Make sure you bring an egg crate for the mattress, an extension cord and power strip in case your bunk is not next to an outlet, and flip flops for the shower. Even if you are in a cabin with a shower, you still may want to shower in the showers across from Cabin 14 (there are many showers in there as opposed to the 2 in the cabin and they are cleaned more frequently, as the 14s do not have their own bathrooms).
Label all of your clothes, towels and personal belongings, from bathing suits to Nike Pros. Don't bring anything that you would be heartbroken if you did not come home with (although I don't think cp has ever has an issue, we know other girls who have). Some kids get a bunk lock box which gets attached to their bunk rail and they store their valuables in it. Mine just brings her phone to camp and keeps it with her all the time.
Buy a Woodward water bottle the first day and then you can fill it up with water throughout the week. The strawberry smoothies (called juleps) and the coffee bar costs add up quickly and those are not included in your meals. Cp loves the chicken grill, which is included.
Cp's gym makes shirts for the different theme days, but just check on the website to see what they are and then you can come up with your own stuff for it if you want to do it at all.
If you want to do the ropes course, sign up for it early at registration as it does fill up. You don't have to pay extra for that, but you do have to pay for paintball and horseback riding if that is something you are interested in.
Other tips? Don't stalk the cheerlebrity guests if there are any attending your week. Gabi Bulter was there a few summers ago during cp's week and I felt terrible for her just seeing what she was going through in the few hours I was there dropping cp off and settling her in, from campers and parents alike (it was very embarassing to see moms from cp's gyms trying to get her to sign something).
It is a great camp and a lot of fun. Some kids are there to attend every mandatory and open gym possible (there are 3 oppotunities each day to be in the gym tumbling) in an effort to gain new skills, and others just go to their mandatory session and then hang out with the skater and BMX boys the rest of the time. Cp has made some lifelong friends there who she doesn't see all the time but will cross paths with them at competitions during the season, and that is always exciting.
If I think of anything else I will post it. Feel free to PM me!

My CP is attending weeks 1 and 2, and this will be her third summer going to Woodward. I second all of the recommendations above. My CP likes to bring her own snacks as well. Woodward has been a great experience for her. She meets up with Woodward friends at many of the competitions she attends. The coaches are a lot of fun.

Droplet is going to Woodward PA week 2 and is super excited! There's a few from her carpool going but they are all older so she is worried about making friends being alone in the youth cabin. Anyone else with a young one going week2?

I second everything said above as well!

CP's most important things to bring:
Huge plastic bin full of non perishable/non meltable snacks.

Egg crate or inflatable mattress with sheets and a sleeping bag.

Carrying bin for shower items/toiletries.

Sharpies to label the water bottle & other items you may buy there, etc.

Buy the water bottle empty, write the name and let it dry completely before you have it filled.

Get there early if you want to choose your bunk.

CP has gone since she was 9. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droplet is going to Woodward PA week 2 and is super excited! There's a few from her carpool going but they are all older so she is worried about making friends being alone in the youth cabin. Anyone else with a young one going week2?

My CP will be there weeks 1 and 2, but she is 15. She is going with 3 girls from her gym ages 15, 14, and 10. However, last summer she went with a group from her gym that included an 8 year old who stayed in a youth cabin. The 8 year old did spend a lot of time with the older girls in their cabin, ate meals with them, swam, etc. So, your cp should be able to spend time with her older friends. They do a very good job with the youth cabin kids. There are special activities for them and more supervision. They also have an earlier "lights out."

I am excited to see that there are many fb kids that will be at Woodward during weeks 1 and 2!

I second everything said above as well!

CP's most important things to bring:
Huge plastic bin full of non perishable/non meltable snacks.

Egg crate or inflatable mattress with sheets and a sleeping bag.

Carrying bin for shower items/toiletries.

Sharpies to label the water bottle & other items you may buy there, etc.

Buy the water bottle empty, write the name and let it dry completely before you have it filled.

Get there early if you want to choose your bunk.

CP has gone since she was 9. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've gone to Woodward west for the past 6 years, sadly I no longer cheer so I won't be going this year but I would also recommend

DONT JUST PACK GYM CLOTHES AND PAJAMAS! There's more down time than you think in between practices so bring normal clothes to change into.

I would recommend icy hot or a heating pad, they will be very sore by Tuesday.

Any medications needed

I would not recommend travel sized toiletries, they will be there for 5 days and in the gym like 7 hours a day, they will probably shower every day.

What size bag do normally bring. I don't want to have to big a bag.
Bag for what? To bring all your things to camp in or to carry around with you? Cp usually packs everything in a very large duffle, and then the egg crate and bedding go in a plastic garbage bag. She also has a plastic shower caddy which we usually just put her toiletries in before we pack the car. Some people also bring a large plastic container with snacks, etc. For day to day use, cp uses a drawstring bag. Really just for her phone and water bottle.

I am talking about my bag to bring all my things to camp in
Cp said it really depends on how much you're planning to bring and I agree with her. We know one kid who brings a small duffle and a backpack. Mine has an outfit for everyday for the gym which is theme based (tank top, sports bra and Nike pros) plus some demim shorts and shirts for down time. It seems like the older she gets the less she brings. Just lots of extra underwear and socks! You can't walk around in just a sports bra so you do need a tshirt or tank top for the gym sessions.

Back