All-Star Woodward 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

anyone have any idea who the special guest for week 5 is going to be? we are heading up there this weekend and cp is dying to know.

Just wondering, this will be my first year attending Woodward West however for the past two years I did attend Woodward in Pennsylvania. How much different are the two? Do you still have mandatory practices through out the day and open gyms? And do you train with gymnasts or just cheerleaders?

It's interesting to me to see folks posting about their kids missing so much school for cheer.

Sidenote: I think it was @quitthedrama or @notimeforthat who posted about their kids cheering on World champion and/or medaling teams and missing less than 5-7 total days?
I think my youngest missed 6 and oldest 7 for cheer (our flight to Dallas was cancelled when we got to the airport Thursday morning so youngest CP went to school that day - oldest was a senior and said no way lol). We had 3 flight comps and 2 comps that were a 6 hour drive. I try to book flight comps to miss as little school as possible - for example we flew from Boston to LA and they only missed one day of school. We were only in California for 56 hours.

Just wondering, this will be my first year attending Woodward West however for the past two years I did attend Woodward in Pennsylvania. How much different are the two? Do you still have mandatory practices through out the day and open gyms? And do you train with gymnasts or just cheerleaders?
I went to woodward west for two summers, a few years ago. And I don't believe much has changed since then, and I can't compare it to woodward PA, but yes there is scheduled sessions through the day. There are optional open gyms in the afternoons, as well as conditioning sessions in the morning. Cheer and gymnastics are all in the same building, but cheer has its own cheer floor, and basically split the gym in half equipment wise.

So she got a scholarship and I'm going to ask family for the remaining.

Can anyone tell me what she should take with her?

My daughter is 14 and attend Camp Woodward--Pennsylvania Campus last week. She had an AWESOME time. This was her first time going and she called me begging me to let her stay another week. Already planning for next year.

My daughter is 14 and attend Camp Woodward--Pennsylvania Campus last week. She had an AWESOME time. This was her first time going and she called me begging me to let her stay another week. Already planning for next year.

What kind of things did she need to take with her?

So she got a scholarship and I'm going to ask family for the remaining.

Can anyone tell me what she should take with her?
Bedding. Towels for the pool and shower. Flipflops. Bathing suits. Extension cord for chargers. Phone charger. Cheer clothes (they are not allowed to walk around in only sports bras. Go on Woodward website to see themes as each day typically has a theme.) Cheer shoes. Snacks. Sunscreen. Sweatshirt and sweatpants in case it gets cold at night. Toiletries. You can PM me with any questions; this will be cp's 7th or 8th year there.

Back