All-Star Worlds Age Change???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm wondering if the number teams will change much, or if teams will just shuffle around what division they enter.
This is what I'm thinking. I don't think the total number of teams will drastically change right away. Sure it might grow the sport over the next few years, but not right away. I don't see the number of teams a gym has or a competition has being much different than it is now, at least initially. It'll likely just change what divisions teams are in.

Like this year at NCA there are less small senior 5 and small coed senior 5 due to adding x small division, but overall similar numbers for world teams.

Does anyone have any more info on the Open 5 divisions? I'm not sure I see the point in having these along with the typical international open divisions when the age ranges are the same. My guess is these will follow USASF rules and international will continue to follow IASF, is that the difference?

Does anyone have any more info on the Open 5 divisions? I'm not sure I see the point in having these along with the typical international open divisions when the age ranges are the same. My guess is these will follow USASF rules and international will continue to follow IASF, is that the difference?
Same question for levels 1-4...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Same question for levels 1-4...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Those are in place already this year and are semi-following IASF, though may be 100% following IASF next year. That I'm not clear about either. But those have different age ranges and team sizes.

Screw the gyms---how are competitions like CheerSport and NCA going to accommodate all of those divisions at a competition? Hello, month long competitions!

I wonder if things like Fundamentals and Novice would be excluded from these events.

If they're meant to be introductory compared to Prep and Elite All Star, wouldn't it make sense to limit who attends these huge nationals like NCA and CheerSport? I don't think the point is to make more competition, I think it's to give more kids access to cheer?

Screw the gyms---how are competitions like CheerSport and NCA going to accommodate all of those divisions at a competition? Hello, month long competitions!
I may be totally off base here but to me for the changes to mean anything the Fundamental and Novice really need to be entry levels of cheer. That means lower cost, time commitment, travel etc so I don't think those divisions necessarily need to be at major or all competitions. Of course that is where it gets hard with increasing divisions...you want competition but don't want to have to travel too far to find it...

I wonder if things like Fundamentals and Novice would be excluded from these events.

If they're meant to be introductory compared to Prep and Elite All Star, wouldn't it make sense to limit who attends these huge nationals like NCA and CheerSport? I don't think the point is to make more competition, I think it's to give more kids access to cheer?
If they're meant to help keep costs down for families that are being priced out, I'd think they'd be excluded. Travel costs and entry fees don't change based on division. I'm wondering what the rules for are for each that would make them be more inclusive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This was my thought as well, are they adding these new divisions to eliminate competing International and not have to follow the IASF for the US teams? There was so much hype about the changes they wanted to make to baskets and tumbling and our current structure would have hurt those teams quite a bit before it was reversed. Maybe they are adding so the current teams have another option that follows USASF and not IASF? Isn't it set up currently that only 3 teams can advance to finals for the US in the specific International divisions, would this eliminate that?

This was my thought as well, are they adding these new divisions to eliminate competing International and not have to follow the IASF for the US teams? There was so much hype about the changes they wanted to make to baskets and tumbling and our current structure would have hurt those teams quite a bit before it was reversed. Maybe they are adding so the current teams have another option that follows USASF and not IASF? Isn't it set up currently that only 3 teams can advance to finals for the US in the specific International divisions, would this eliminate that?
This was my thoughts exactly. A way to bypass those changes/rules that international divisions follow. Though I hate the thought of them adding more divisions to Worlds. At least this would help a lot more teams than it would hurt.

Back