All-Star Worlds Bids 2011-12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To me, this is kind of a toss up. Assuming the Texas teams capture the at-large bids offered around here, do you spend the money to go after a paid bid? Or just save it and put it towards paying for Worlds?
I've always felt the same way. If you know you can do well, then is the paid bid worth it?

Now with a cap of $650, just for a Texas team to fly out they will pay $150 for comp fees, $250 for a flight. And probably $150 for a hotel room. Which is only $100 short of a paid bid. Factor in food and other things like parking at the airport, etc, and you're breaking even.

I've always felt the same way. If you know you can do well, then is the paid bid worth it?

Now with a cap of $650, just for a Texas team to fly out they will pay $150 for comp fees, $250 for a flight. And probably $150 for a hotel room. Which is only $100 short of a paid bid. Factor in food and other things like parking at the airport, etc, and you're breaking even.

Add in another plane ticket, Mama's going too!!! ;)

true but you still have to travel to the comp in texas if its outside of your area it is a different experience which is nice. and having to compete that third time kinda sucks just having that at large and could factor into small mishaps in your last final performance that may not have happened if you only went twice in total.

I think a paid bid gets a better spot for prelims and should have to compete one less time. Otherwise we'd all just go for at larges.

true but you still have to travel to the comp in texas if its outside of your area it is a different experience which is nice. and having to compete that third time kinda sucks just having that at large and could factor into small mishaps in your last final performance that may not have happened if you only went twice in total.

Very valid point, and one I hadn't considered. Maybe the deciding factor is what World's division you are in? Small Sr? Go after the paid bid. Large Co-ed? Probably still a toss-up.

Wow, this is not good at all for Texas/Oklahoma Teams.

Last year there were the following teams that I felt deserved a full paid bid (most of them placed in the top 3 at Worlds)

Champion Cheer - Small Senior
Cheer Athletics - Cheetahs
Cheer Athletics - Fierce Cats
Cheer Athletics - Panthers
Cheer Athletics - Wildcats
Spirit of Texas - International Open Coed 5
Spirit of Texas - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Small Senior
Tribe - Chiefs
Twist and Shout - Small Coed
University Cheer - Small Coed
Woodlands Elite - Large Senior

Last year, the full paid bids in our region (not including NCA because all 6 full paid bids were given to teams not in our region)

Spirit Celebration - 2
ACA - 2
Cheer Power -2
Cheer America - 2

so thats a total of 8 regional bids for 13 AMAZING level 5 teams, 9 of which placed in the top 3 at Worlds.

For This year, I would imagine the number would match up pretty close, if not worse

All-Star Revolution - Small Coed
Champion Cheer - Small Senior
Cheer Athletics - Cheetahs
Cheer Athletics - Fierce Cats
Cheer Athletics - Open All-Girl 6
Cheer Athletics - Panthers
Cheer Athletics - Wildcats
Spirit of Texas - International Open All-Girl 5
Spirit of Texas - International Open Coed 5
Spirit of Texas - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Medium Senior
Tribe - Chiefs - Medium Coed
Twist and Shout - Medium Coed
Woodlands Elite - Senior All-Girl

This year, the full paid bids in our Region will be

Spirit Celebration - 2
Cheer America - 2

So that's 4 full paid bids for 15 teams!! This is one reason why I wish we lived in the East Coast.

looks like I've got some coaching to do!!

Ja-Mez

I think the true impact of this will be to make NCA even more competitive for full paid bids (even though they have more full paids to give out), I believe the teams bolded had their full paids prior to NCA, removing them from the bid pool. I didn't go back and check placements but I am guessing that some of these teams would have picked up a bid at NCA if they hadn't already had one. (p.s. I would love to see more of the Texas teams choose to travel as a result, but not sure how likely that is in the current economy.)

Wow, last year there were 2 full paid and 6 at large awarded at the Xtreme Spirit competition at the Kalahari. Why the decrease?

There were literally like 30 teams at this competition. majority being level 5 teams bid chasing.

There were literally like 30 teams at this competition. majority being level 5 teams bid chasing.
I just looked it up...
Level 2 - 1
Level 3 - 2
Level 4/4.2 - 5
Level 5 - 19
Total Allstar Cheer - 27

There were also 2 school teams there and 28 dance teams (but i think there is a decent amount of crossover in dance)

I'm excited to see more paid bids here in Cali :)

Im not, that just means that there will be even more teams that arent worlds caliber competing at worlds. There is already a huge abundance of bids being handed out on the west coast.

Im not, that just means that there will be even more teams that arent worlds caliber competing at worlds. There is already a huge abundance of bids being handed out on the west coast.
I feel like the amount of paid bids won't affect the amount of below par teams from the west coast at worlds. The amount of at larges affects that. It's not like the teams that don't belong at worlds are going to get the paid bids. And I feel like there are a few, not many, but a few teams from the west coast that deserve paid bids and either don't get them or have to go all over the place to get them. Perhaps we need less at larges here but I'm glad about there being more paid bids.

I just looked it up...
Level 2 - 1
Level 3 - 2
Level 4/4.2 - 5
Level 5 - 19
Total Allstar Cheer - 27

There were also 2 school teams there and 28 dance teams (but i think there is a decent amount of crossover in dance)

I think part of that is because it was the first year for this competition- at least for the December date. They usually have a huge competition in March that gave a few bids, but this year they added the Dec. comp for that I guess. Most of the teams that usually went to the March comp still took their lower level teams to that one and took their level 5's in December. The week before Christmas is a rough weekend for a competition though...

World's Bids are starting to be posted already. Some interesting things...

GSSA in Cali is now giving out 2 paid and 8 at large (Last year they only had 1 paid, 3 AL)

ACA in TX only has 4 at large now (last year they had 2 full and 6 AL)

ECC in VA is down to 1 Paid and 3 AL (from 2 and 6)

Spirit Sports Duel in the Desert is up to 3 Full and 12 AL (up from 2 and 6 last year)

NCA is up to 7 Paid and 21 Al (from 6 and 18 last year)

Mid Atlantic is at 2 paid and 8 AL (from 2 paid and 6 AL last year)

USA in Cali is at 1 Paid, 1 Partial and 2 AL (from 1 paid and 3 AL)

Cheer power has the same number of bids (2 paid and 6 AL) but has moved their location to OH)

Spirit Sports Duel in the Desert is actually 9 At-Large bids.
It's crazy how all these California competitions are getting so many more bids this year.
I don't know the numbers but it seems like USA has been dying the past couple years and I thought they might not even be able to give bids anymore. Not sure how they kept the same number of bids and even upgraded an at-large to a partial.

Back