All-Star Worlds Bids 2011-12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like the amount of paid bids won't affect the amount of below par teams from the west coast at worlds. The amount of at larges affects that. It's not like the teams that don't belong at worlds are going to get the paid bids. And I feel like there are a few, not many, but a few teams from the west coast that deserve paid bids and either don't get them or have to go all over the place to get them. Perhaps we need less at larges here but I'm glad about there being more paid bids.

I was just talking about the amount of bids in general, and besides the teams that deserve the paid bids already get them so there is no need to hand out more paid bids. It was really hard for my team to get a paid bid this season and thats the way it should be, Worlds should be the best against the best not the best against the 4.5 teams.

I was just talking about the amount of bids in general, and besides the teams that deserve the paid bids already get them so there is no need to hand out more paid bids. It was really hard for my team to get a paid bid this season and thats the way it should be, Worlds should be the best against the best not the best against the 4.5 teams.
I agree that worlds should be the best of the best but as I said, the amount of paid bids handed out has no effect on how many poor level 5 teams attend. The teams receiving paid bids would be attending anyway and if the event producer wants to give them money and make it easier on them, I see no problem with that. I do however agree that there is a ridiculous amount of at large bids in Cali and there should perhaps be some cutting back.

I agree that worlds should be the best of the best but as I said, the amount of paid bids handed out has no effect on how many poor level 5 teams attend. The teams receiving paid bids would be attending anyway and if the event producer wants to give them money and make it easier on them, I see no problem with that. I do however agree that there is a ridiculous amount of at large bids in Cali and there should perhaps be some cutting back.

I was talking about bids in general, which include include on at large and yes they should be cut in half.

But they put a small set of bleachers in the back of the ballroom so that way you can see. That is, if you kind find a seat AND brought your binoculars. ;)

*can not kind. I hate working. It fries my brain.

Pretty sure that ACA is giving at least 1 paid bid.

The biggest reason that there aren't more bid opportunities in/around Texas is because of the "legacy" rule for bid-giving events. The early-adopter EPs basically got first choice on where bids could be given and then USASF legislated in restrictions against anyone else giving out bids in that area/time frame. Arguments could be made either way as to whether that is fair or not, but it is what it is. I would guess that if the rule were not in place, there would be more bid-giving events in our area.

I would also guess that our area has one of the worst medal-contender-to-paid-bids-available ratio of any area of the country. It is HARD to get a paid bid in Texas. I think that people from outside the Texas/OK region underestimate the depth of talent in the all star gyms. (The "top" gyms get a lot of attention, but there are many other very strong programs that have great teams.)

total Worlds medals:
Texas - 53
next closest state - 18

different programs who have won medals at Worlds:
Texas - 8
next closest state - 3

I know that the conventional wisdom on the East Coast is that Texas/OK teams not travelling around the country hurts them when it comes to Worlds, but you don't really see that in the results.

Pretty sure that ACA is giving at least 1 paid bid.

The biggest reason that there aren't more bid opportunities in/around Texas is because of the "legacy" rule for bid-giving events. The early-adopter EPs basically got first choice on where bids could be given and then USASF legislated in restrictions against anyone else giving out bids in that area/time frame. Arguments could be made either way as to whether that is fair or not, but it is what it is. I would guess that if the rule were not in place, there would be more bid-giving events in our area.

Yeah, the challenge is balancing the interest of the EP's with the interest of the teams. I truly understand the idea that you don't want too many bid competitions in a particular area, but if that area is loaded with teams that can support those competitions I'm not sure why it's such an issue.

Didn't think that was allowed. I thought you could only give out at-large bids if you were giving out at least one partial or full paid.
I thought that too. Maybe there is a typo on the USASF site.

Back