All-Star Worlds Bids All Things Cheer - Intern Champ 1/25 - 1/27/13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, I think you're right...However, I think the biggest difference was that last year ATC fell on the weekend before Wash. Cheer State. I think the morning portion on Saturday (last year) was ran by the WSCCA (Wash. State Cheer Coaches Assoc) as a last-chance qualifier for high school teams for Cheer State as well as Jr and Rec State, and then the afternoon went into the full-fledge ATC competition. I can only imagine how much chaos it caused when ATC and High School Cheer State were on the same weekend this year. ATC seems to be the biggest competition in Washington, so to have girls/guys who compete both HS and AS would throw things for a loop. However, looks like ATC was able to make it happen!
Your exactly right! I remember last year after Rec awards (we were the last rec teams to have awards) and i came back and AS cheer was starting. I hated how last year they had awards in a different room :mad:

This competition is a classic example of why level 4 teams end up at worlds. I was really hoping that with this comp giving out bids this year that it would draw some outside talent.

One team I am curious to see however is Thunder Elite small coed. They had a great run in Dallas in level 4 (3 jackets I believe) and last year had an amazing year in restricted 5 (missed getting a jacket in Dallas by THIS close) and beat Cali SO5 in Cali at their last comp of the year. They're going for level 5 this year and I expect big things from them! Also Oregon Dream always has oodles of talent, they just seem to have a hard time putting two mistake free routines together. Maybe somebody will just come from out of nowhere and knock my socks off!

This competition is a classic example of why level 4 teams end up at worlds. I was really hoping that with this comp giving out bids this year that it would draw some outside talent.

One team I am curious to see however is Thunder Elite small coed. They had a great run in Dallas in level 4 (3 jackets I believe) and last year had an amazing year in restricted 5 (missed getting a jacket in Dallas by THIS close) and beat Cali SO5 in Cali at their last comp of the year. They're going for level 5 this year and I expect big things from them! Also Oregon Dream always has oodles of talent, they just seem to have a hard time putting two mistake free routines together. Maybe somebody will just come from out of nowhere and knock my socks off!
That someone might be NV's new level 5 team :)

My friend is on it and i hear they're bringin' it!

ETA; i don't see Connect's level 5 team? are they going? does there level 5 team still exist?

I don't think this competition is why "level 4 teams attend worlds" their are some great level 5 teams attending! South elite, Vancouver and PCM. My team is traveling from California for this comp in hopes of getting one of the 4 bids their giving out! I'm super excited and I know my team is too!!

I don't think any "level 4" teams will be winning bids at this comp. While it may be a somewhat small amount of level 5 teams here, there is alot of talent coming through. This is also the first year this comp has had bids so it isn't really on everyone's radar yet - give it a couple years

My team is traveling from California for this comp in hopes of getting one of the 4 bids their giving out! I'm super excited and I know my team is too!!

We're excited you guys are coming up too! Alot of my lower level teams are excited to watch your gym compete. We saw you last year in Anahiem at American Showcase and they rememebered the gym name and were pretty impressed. Plus, as a coach I'm excited to see some new competition :)

I don't think this competition is why "level 4 teams attend worlds" their are some great level 5 teams attending! South elite, Vancouver and PCM. My team is traveling from California for this comp in hopes of getting one of the 4 bids their giving out! I'm super excited and I know my team is too!!

A) Four of the six teams from the gyms you mentioned are international teams. B) I see these Oregon and Washington "level 5" teams every year, I know what I'm talking about.

Good luck to you and your PCM teams! Portland has a bid comp in march (1 full 3 at large) if you don't get the bid you want. This comp is always slim on the level 5 teams and last year everyone that competed got a bid. Which resulted in some "level 4" teams going to worlds. I think that's where beastbackmom was going with that.

A) Four of the six teams from the gyms you mentioned are international teams. B) I see these Oregon and Washington "level 5" teams every year, I know what I'm talking about.

what does being an international team have anything to do being level 4? Stereotyping a division much?.....

I also have seen these level 5 teams from the NW area every year so I also know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying they are going are going to win a globe but it's pretty harsh to call them a level 4 team

And to beastbackmom, I'm a huge thunder fan! Two of the girls my daughter cheered with for years cheer there now. They're doing great so far in level 5. I'm rooting for two clean routines by them in Bellevue! One of my daughter's best friends cheers at Oregon Dream and loves it. They have so much talent so they could have a good showing as well!

what does being an international team have anything to do being level 4? Stereotyping a division much?.....

I also have seen these level 5 teams from the NW area every year so I also know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying they are going are going to win a globe but it's pretty harsh to call them a level 4 team

What I was saying about them being international has nothing to do with them being "level 4". They're all amazing international teams. I'm just saying international teams have a harder time getting bids than the other divisions. Wow.

And to beastbackmom, I'm a huge thunder fan! Two of the girls my daughter cheered with for years cheer there now. They're doing great so far in level 5. I'm rooting for two clean routines by them in Bellevue! One of my daughter's best friends cheers at Oregon Dream and loves it. They have so much talent so they could have a good showing as well!

Thanks, that's so good to know (about Thunder)! Good luck to both of those teams! :)

What I was saying about them being international has nothing to do with them being "level 4". They're all amazing international teams. I'm just saying international teams have a harder time getting bids than the other divisions. Wow.

Ah, sorry. I completely misunderstood what you were saying then. MY BAD!

Back