All-Star Worlds Bids All Things Cheer - Intern Champ 1/25 - 1/27/13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry, I think I was getting ahead of myself and not expressing myself very well. And abbyandy9, that was exactly where my mind was going.

Sorry, I think I was getting ahead of myself and not expressing myself very well. And abbyandy9, that was exactly where my mind was going.

I will agree that I was surprised there weren't more California or Idaho teams at this competition. Hopefully it will blow up in the couple of years but they better figure out how to get two stages or something - one year we were there until like 11pm waiting for everyone to finish competing.

We're excited you guys are coming up too! Alot of my lower level teams are excited to watch your gym compete. We saw you last year in Anahiem at American Showcase and they rememebered the gym name and were pretty impressed. Plus, as a coach I'm excited to see some new competition :)

Thank you! We're excited to see the talent up there and just excited to venture to a new place we've never competed at, though i am not ready for the cold weather hahaha! hopefully we can meet some of the kids from your program when we're there!! :)

Does this competition normally run really behind schedule?

Somewhat but they used to have everyone performing on Sat/Sun on one floor so it was a 8am-10pm comp. If I'm remembering correctly they were pretty close to schedule until the evening and I remember wanting to go home so badly and sleep but having to stay and watch my brothers lvl 5 team and just sitting there waiting and waiting and waiting with no one on the floor.
I think with the addition of the Friday schedule things will be alot smoother (or at least I'm hoping it will).

I always loved the creepy elevator ride from warm ups to back stage. Some of you guys might remember that.
Last season there was a girl on one of the youth teams at my gym who was realllllllyyyyyyyyy afraid of the elevator had a panic attack in it right before she had to compete :( poor girl

This is an example of what I was talking about earlier. I can't believe anyone would want the public to see this but it's a public post so I guess they don't care!

This is an example of what I was talking about earlier. I can't believe anyone would want the public to see this but it's a public post so I guess they don't care!

And I can't believe you are such a rude person.

The north west has its own struggles with our populations being so small and spread out that we can't exactly pull from surrounding towns. Also because we don't compete against the WC, CA, Stingrays, CEA on a daily basis that its hard to get kids to push themselves. We have to do whats best for our program and the northwest. So next time you talk snide remarks about teams from small towns. I would love to see you put a fully furnished level 5 team together. When the next closest town is 2 hours away.

Somewhat but they used to have everyone performing on Sat/Sun on one floor so it was a 8am-10pm comp. If I'm remembering correctly they were pretty close to schedule until the evening and I remember wanting to go home so badly and sleep but having to stay and watch my brothers lvl 5 team and just sitting there waiting and waiting and waiting with no one on the floor.
I think with the addition of the Friday schedule things will be alot smoother (or at least I'm hoping it will).

And then last year, didn't something happen with the floor about mid-Saturday? I just remember watching them fix the floor - can't exactly remember...

And I can't believe you are such a rude person.

The north west has its own struggles with our populations being so small and spread out that we can't exactly pull from surrounding towns. Also because we don't compete against the WC, CA, Stingrays, CEA on a daily basis that its hard to get kids to push themselves. We have to do whats best for our program and the northwest. So next time you talk snide remarks about teams from small towns. I would love to see you put a fully furnished level 5 team together. When the next closest town is 2 hours away.

How is that rude? They openly posted it themselves! And I will tell you one thing, if I ran a gym, I wouldn't be a level 5 team until my team was ready for level 5 skills. This gym was amazing at levels 2 & 3 and pretty decent for the NW in level 4. What's wrong being amazing at different levels? Why go level 5 if you look like this?

Blaming the northwest is a crutch. The northwest has produced south elite, thunder elite and Oregon dream with no shortage of level 5 skill. However, it is not these girls' fault their coach has them at a level where they struggle. Why pick on them when obviously your team is not struggling?

How is that rude? They openly posted it themselves! And I will tell you one thing, if I ran a gym, I wouldn't be a level 5 team until my team was ready for level 5 skills. This gym was amazing at levels 2 & 3 and pretty decent for the NW in level 4. What's wrong being amazing at different levels? Why go level 5 if you look like this?
Calling them embarrassing is rude. Kids get complacent when they are at the top of their division and top in the state. How do you get them to push to learn when they have no one to compete against or look up to. You put them in a division where they are going to be challenged again. I know that champion was sweeping level 4 in Oregon and Washington for a couple of season so their kids needed a push.

Do you know what the highest level senior team is in Idaho right now? Its level 4 and there is only 2 of them. Last year at competition my kids beat them every event just like the did the year before. So my kids were getting bored and starting leaving my program to go to high school because it was new thing to them. So to keep kids in my door and to keep kids learning we had to put them in a new division. What I love is if I had a gym I would do this or if I had a gym I would do this. You don't know what you would do until you own a gym.

I think sweeping is a great overstatement. I believe they maybe beat Thunder once in the two years they were both level 4 so that's not sweeping Oregon and the second year champion was in level 4 they took last at the ATC national competition. Also, they went to Dallas (NCA) two years in a row (level 4) and came in practically last both years. Just in those few examples I see areas where they could have worked on things before going level 5. And I haven't even started in on the fact that they could have gone (could go) level 5R.

And excuse me but you were the one that said, and I quote, "I would love to see you put a fully furnished level 5 team together. When the next closest town is 2 hours away." Not to mention that the next closest town to Salem is not two hours away. There are girls that drive 2 hours each way PAST SALEM to go to Portland gyms. I'm sorry that's the case in Idaho, but that most definitely is not the case in Oregon.

Back