All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Welcome to Large Senior Orange . . . you know you are officially part of the club when people start getting furious at your victories.

You can talk strategy, style, and preferences all you want. They hit and everyone else didn't. Last time I checked, that is a good way to put yourself in position to win. Congratulations to the athletes on Orange and the whole Stingray staff. Well done.

This is where I enjoy the fact I unfollowed every kid in the cheer world I don't have a direct personal connection to and pretty much all the adults I don't feel like I "know" at least online.

My feeds have been chill all weekend and continue to be. I guess if there's drama over large senior I just unfollowed all the right people because mine is nothing but sunshine and rainbows!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This is where I enjoy the fact I unfollowed every kid in the cheer world I don't have a direct personal connection to and pretty much all the adults I don't feel like I "know" at least online.

My feeds have been chill all weekend and continue to be. I guess if there's drama over large senior I just unfollowed all the right people because mine is nothing but sunshine and rainbows!

I did the same and haven't looked back since it's been great 8)

I only follow a select few Shooting Stars team members and Stingray Orange team members, as well as like 2 alumni from each team (Don't really follow any other cheerleaders, just a few coaches and the team/gym twitters). Didn't see any negative tweets! Glad I follow respectful athletes, coaches, alumni and gyms! The tweets between the Stingray and World Cup twitters were great to see too. These are my two favorite gyms/ large senior teams FYI. So happy they both had great 2 great showings this weekend! I was rooting for Stars, but Orange getting that well-earned 3 peat was just as good!

The USASF owes this whole division an apology--I do not believe the interruption affected the outcome-every team faced the same conditions-and they all had their issues. What bothers me the most is that after practicing all year to showcase your skills at the most prestigious event of the year, you are not given the environment for doing so. Never mind the outcome. Unfair to all the athletes. Sad that the large senior division had to look so poorly--I truly felt bad for them. The Large Coed teams were fabulous--I know the teams in Large Senior wanted to go out the same way.

Were there any issues with seating/crowd control in the stadium? It doesn't seem like it, because I'm sure I'd still be reading complaints about it despite the fact that I skipped a huge chunk of the middle of this thread. That was the purpose of them moving finals for these divisions outside, right? Seems like that part of it worked.

From the POV of an EP, I'm sure the USASF was mortified by the time delay and I'm sure they were doing everything they possibly could to get it back on track. Clearly it was a huge issue but their hands were tied at that point. We don't know if the issues were caused by their staff, Disney staff, ESPN staff, a mixture of all of that, etc. You can plan all you want but sometimes the unexpected happens and you have to try to recover as much as possible. What were they going to do at that point? Couldn't just call it a day and cancel the division- can you imagine the backlash? Couldn't reschedule for Tuesday morning- I'm sure some people were flying out first thing in the morning and you're insane if you think it's reasonable to ask people to reschedule flights. Couldn't just pick up and move back into the Milkhouse- even if everything was still set up and ready to go, you still would have had two major issues: moving the ESPN crew back in there, and trying to figure out what to do with spectators. It would have taken SO long for everyone to get out of the stadium and into the Milkhouse, and I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't have been able to get in. And then there probably would have been the crowd control issue again. I know 100% for a fact that the fire marshall was totally ready to shut down the event and evacuate the Milkhouse last year due to overcrowding during Large Coed finals... That'll cause a significant delay, too.

If they booted the champions exhibitions, we would hear everyone crying the day Worlds airs on ESPN. I wish they would have had large coed and large senior on different judging panels so that those teams could alternate and then have all the champion exhibitions at the end to buffer any review or tally that needed to be done before awards started.

I don't agree with everything the USASF does but it's exhausting to see everyone treat them as the enemy all the time. Running an event is hard, running a great, issue free event that stays on time is 100x harder.

The only two cheer related things on my twitter are Stingrays and Cheer Athletics. And I'll probably unfollow both of them as cheer destroys the flow of my twitter lol.

Was Orange my want to win? Nope. I bleed teal and pull out my claws. Was I mad that they won? Nope. They hit the cleanest (and that's obviously relative, not only to their competitors but to their own capabilities) routine of everyone.

Am I frustrated? ABSOLUTELY. While yes, it was the same circumstances for everyone, it was not ideal circumstances. While we can say everyone had the same opportunity, and we can say it was the exact same results as yesterday, we will never know what would have happened if things were different. And that's usually WORSE. If conditions were perfect and everyone hit the same with the same deductions from Day 1, and we all had the same results, I'd still be sad for my teams and positive on Orange because they were better that day so good for them. But they didn't. Nobody had the same deductions, everyone was messier than normal, and obviously nerves got to people in varying degrees. There's now always going to be that sad, niggling little feeling in the back of my mind. I'll obviously get over it (even this morning I'm too mellowed to be 'upset'), but I'll look back on in sadness that EVERY senior/team was robbed of the chance to perform at their peak. That even if they fell, they knew they did their best. Can anyone really say that this way their BEST, and not their 'best for the circumstances?'

When we have to argue about 'who is least bad' (and not in the general sense, but that every single specific team looked exhausted and sloppy to varying degrees)..that's wrong. It's wrong for everyone, even the winners. They earned their win, but the even will have a tinge of hollow. THAT upsets me. THAT frustrates me.

Im going to give my opinion on this matter.. i am a huge senior elite fan becuas of stunts and pyramid being my favorite part of cheer but i am not protecting them in this. you should not complain about something that not only affects you but every single other team in your division... like i understand that it is hard to perform that late but that is not your fault and there is nothing you as an athlete can do about it. this us USASFs fault in the long run. i am on the side that Worlds has tottaly outgrown disney and it is time to find another place to hold the competition. i understand there is a contract but contracts doesnt last forever and disney must have insight in how crowded the WWOS really is during Worlds.. (this is my opion on this matter.)

Welcome to Large Senior Orange . . . you know you are officially part of the club when people start getting furious at your victories.

To be fair, people were furious with Orange's victory over Aces in medium sr last year too ;)

Interestingly enough,I think I might follow all the "wrong" people and my timeline from what I could see was all relatively tame and supportive.... I reckon people where just too tired to be crazies. Maybe today I'll get my proper Large Senior crazies drama fix!

self_high_five.gif

I finally caught up with this thread !!! It was long, but I kind of developped a technique to read and scroll down at the same time, while missing minimal information.

Several thoughts that came to me :
- I actually felt better that you guys seemed to be having an awful time (sorry :D), because going to bed early and missing everything was not fun for me AT ALL (by the way, exams + cheer hangover = probably not good results...)
- so many people thought they were joking when they talked about awards being at midnight :rolleyes: (I actually ended up getting large senior results live when I woke up, which was totally unexpected)
- you guys are hilarious when you're tired and irritated :p

I'm sort of giggling at the negative ratings a couple of us have received. I can tell they were mistakes and I'm imaging people being so tired after last night that they were missing all the ratings they meant to hit! LOL

@xtremeteal4life you gave me an "old thread" rating? ;)
OH NO!! Did I not fix it?!! (FYI- I do it all the time on accident- especially when I'm trying to hit "informative" and "funny" :oops: ) It always happens when I post from my phone!! :banghead:

*eta- I almost always catch it though and change it. I think this is a first if I left yours as "old thread"

Back