All-Star Worlds Discussion Day 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A score is not all about dropping a stunt or not. It boils down to all the intrensities of the entire scoresheet. Raw scores high enough can usually take a hit if it happens. People seem to think if you make a mistake it knocks you out, but it's the whole picture that's scored....not just the mistake. Just to explain. Please don't spew hate towards us at Spirit. Our kids worked just as hard as anyone else and nothing was handed to them.
I agree. But today I would have to say Gymtyme & T&S & SE raw score would be extremely close to SOT.. && they didn't have mistakes. I think thats where people are coming from. When they see the scores and if they are extremely close I think that will help.

I am only surprised because, if I recall, there was only about a 12 point spread between 1st and 10th in med coed yesterday. So I would have expected a deduction for a stunt fall to make a huge difference in placements with the scores being that close.

But, Spirit of Texas will always be one of the cleanest and sharpest programs around, congrats to them on their win!

Why did they give out a tie for 6th and then 7th, 8th, and 9th? Shouldn't it be tie for 6th, then 8th, 9th and 10th? I kinda remember something like this a few years ago...

Regardless WOOO NJSE!

Yes. It exhausts me.

Congrats to all of today's winners. Every single one of you earned it, and therefore you deserve it. There will be people who try and bring you down because they wanted someone else to win. Let them say what they want...you're still walking out with that ring.

To all the teams that competed this weekend, congrats on making it to worlds. I hope it was everything you hoped it would be. Now, everyone get home and get to work. :D

When scores are released it may make more sense, but until then it has left A LOT of people scratching their heads. SOT is super clean, but there were other teams just as clean (with difficulty) and would have had fewer points in deductions. This isn't against SOT at all, they didn't give themselves the score.

I am only surprised because, if I recall, there was only about a 12 point spread between 1st and 10th in med coed yesterday. So I would have expected a deduction for a stunt fall to make a huge difference in placements with the scores being that close.

But, Spirit of Texas will always be one of the cleanest and sharpest programs around, congrats to them on their win!

SoT had a SF in semis also and were ranked 1st.

I don't usually post that much. However, some may feel like Senior Elite lacked the sportsmanship at awards, but I honestly don't think they were trying to be disrespectful to World Cup or F5. Senior Elite has had a very long and challenging year and to finally peak at Worlds and come away with the Gold was probably a little overwhelming for them all. However, while watching the live feed, the coaches were trying to settle them down. I don't believe they are the first Large Senior girl team to do this at worlds. No names will be mentioned! Congrats Senior Elite!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WORLDS WINNERS FROM THIS WEEKEND - THAT'S ALL OF YOU ATHLETES WHO COMPETED!!! TO ALL THOSE WHO PLACED AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOW CHAMPIONS - CONGRATS!!!! REMEMBER THAT SOMEWHERE IN GYMS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY LITTLE GIRLS AND BOYS ARE HOPING TO BE WHERE YOU ARE ONE DAY - YOU ARE THEIR INSPIRATION!!!

SoT had a SF in semis also and were ranked 1st.

Agreed, but so many other teams hit clean today that did not hit yesterday, so I would have expected those teams to score higher while SOT remained somewhat the same.

Again, NOT hating on SoT...they have amazing technique, and my jaw always drops when I watch them -- especially their jumps! Great program all around, congrats on the win!

Back