All-Star Worlds Must Be Coming Up.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

PS thank you to those who are taking the time to make us poor ignant newbies a guideline! Ohhh how nice to have that kind of time...

PS thank you to those who are taking the time to make us poor ignant newbies a guideline! Ohhh how nice to have that kind of time...

Whatever we can do to help :p

Sure. We can make another guide. On top of the welcome email, the Wiki, the two welcome posts in the newbie section helping explain things and the rules, and the fact there is a newbie section where as harsh as people can be in allstar, newbies is made so we dont have to get as frustrated about all this stuff. And after the 4th welcome guide and a required video I will still get a private message asking why they cant post in allstar, but it is ok to post in fierce board support about who will win worldZ?!?!?!?!

It has to do a lot of cheer culture, and that most people coming onto the Fierce Board are not message board savvy, but these things we complain about happen all the time at all message boards. It gets annoying. All message boards deal with it, vent their frustrations, and still try and make it better for the newbies to not ask so many silly questions. There is so much time and effort put into the Fierce Board by a lot of people. Not just the admins to administer it, not just the nerds to run it, but the people in the community who, in general, don't always agree. And the month before Worlds more and more people start discovering the Fierce Board and it doesnt matter if every newbie had a one hour hands on lesson of what the heck is going on, someone would still post something dumb.

Sure. We can make another guide. On top of the welcome email, the Wiki, the two welcome posts in the newbie section helping explain things and the rules, and the fact there is a newbie section where as harsh as people can be in allstar, newbies is made so we dont have to get as frustrated about all this stuff. And after the 4th welcome guide and a required video I will still get a private message asking why they cant post in allstar, but it is ok to post in fierce board support about who will win worldZ?!?!?!?!

It has to do a lot of cheer culture, and that most people coming onto the Fierce Board are not message board savvy, but these things we complain about happen all the time at all message boards. It gets annoying. All message boards deal with it, vent their frustrations, and still try and make it better for the newbies to not ask so many silly questions. There is so much time and effort put into the Fierce Board by a lot of people. Not just the admins to administer it, not just the nerds to run it, but the people in the community who, in general, don't always agree. And the month before Worlds more and more people start discovering the Fierce Board and it doesnt matter if every newbie had a one hour hands on lesson of what the heck is going on, someone would still post something dumb.

That wuz dum :eek:

Should I point out I turned off all the alerts for when someone shimmys me? I felt like having 1500+ Shimmys was making me feel too entitled.

Ok, I've covered general 'don't' posts (drama/who will win worlds/junior and so5 not going to worlds/not asking a question you don't want an honest answer to/bad grammar or spelling). The general fierceboard layout and why it is important to wait in the newbie section for a bit..anything else I should cover?

May I suggest a reference to the Wiki so we don't get 5,000 more "what's a CP and a shimmy, and where can I get one?":eek:;)

There is a link at the top of Newbies that says 'Fierce Board Terms'

May I suggest a reference to the Wiki so we don't get 5,000 more "what's a CP and a shimmy, and where can I get one?":eek:;)
There is a link at the top of Newbies that says 'Fierce Board Terms'

A bunch of Fierce Board members spent some time this year building wikis for terms (started with a Fierce Board terms thread), websites, bids, and a bunch of other stuff to make it easier to find that information and get smart.

Fierce Boarders spent time developing rules to reduce the amount of needless backlashing, needless questions if you just read the whole thread or search a bit, and general overall respect for each other.

Fierce Boarders started helpful threads for Newbies, like "read this first" and "nothing to post. . .start here"

I know lots of people on here who are more than happy to help people out, but regardless of where you are in life, if you don't read directions, you can't get upset if people give you feedback.

Welcome message ALL new users recieve. It is in that bright red alert over inbox at the top:

Hi {username},
Welcome to the Fierce Board! Since you are a new user the only place you can post is in the Newbies forum. After 72 hours AND 3 posts you will receive a notification that you can post other places. If after 72 hours AND 3 posts you do no receive a notification, please email [email protected].

The Newbie forum has the basic rules of the board and some tips on what to do and how to act.

If you are a Coach we have a hidden coaches room JUST for you. Please message Weezy78 and she will help you get access to the room. You will have to prove you are a coach though.

We also have a place for anyone 18+. Please message CheerNerdDC if you would like access to this area. You will also have to prove that you are 18+ to get access to this forum.

Please note that this board is run by volunteers! Be kind and courteous to this who help out as this is not their job, but something they participate and help out with because they love it!

Thanks and enjoy the boards!!!

Back