All-Star Worlds Park Hopper Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ashley

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jan 20, 2010
We have a weird room situation and are basically going to end up at All-Star on the 3 day package for Fri-Sunday night, and at Pop Century on Wed/Thurs night. They ran out of rooms at All-Star. My question then is if we don't get any extra park hoppers (we originally planned to do the 5 day package with 5 day parkhopper) if we go to the parks on Wednesday, can we just pay the $25 admission to get into WWoS on Sunday? Does it matter? Is there a difference? We are competing Friday and Sunday, so that's two days plus Wed is all three, but we're almost certainly not competing on Sunday.

Are the park hoppers only good for a very specific number of days?

We have a weird room situation and are basically going to end up at All-Star on the 3 day package for Fri-Sunday night, and at Pop Century on Wed/Thurs night. They ran out of rooms at All-Star. My question then is if we don't get any extra park hoppers (we originally planned to do the 5 day package with 5 day parkhopper) if we go to the parks on Wednesday, can we just pay the $25 admission to get into WWoS on Sunday? Does it matter? Is there a difference? We are competing Friday and Sunday, so that's two days plus Wed is all three, but we're almost certainly not competing on Sunday.

If you buy the 5 day park hopper pass it is good if you use it a TOTAL of 5 days. They are typically good over a 14ish day period of time (if you get them through the competition, but I think comp hoppers are only 3 day hoppers). So if you get a 5 day hopper you are free to use it Wed-Sun.

If you buy the 5 day park hopper pass it is good if you use it a TOTAL of 5 days. They are typically good over a 14ish day period of time (if you get them through the competition, but I think comp hoppers are only 3 day hoppers). So if you get a 5 day hopper you are free to use it Wed-Sun.

The problem is we can't get a 5-day hopper pass. At least we can't figure out how. They don't have anymore rooms so we can ONLY do the 3 day package for Fri-Sunday nights. We can't figure out how to add two more days onto the hopper, at least not from the information in the packet. We only found out they didn't have any more rooms last week, weeks after we sent out registration in and had made travel arrangements (including a 6am flight on Wednesday to spend as much time at the parks as possible).

In any case, the 3 day hopper sounds like it won't be a problem for Wed, Fri, and Sat, and then we can just pay admission into WWoS on Sunday. As long as we're not restricted to using it only on Fri/Sat/Sun.

Unfortunately, the 3 day package is only $50 less expensive than the 5 day, which doesn't give us much wiggle room to find a hotel for Wed/Thursday night AND get two more park hopper days.

From the USASF website....
"Admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports® is NOT considered a theme park
admission, and therefore does not use a day on your Park Hopper." and "Tickets valid April 21 - May 6, 2012 •"
So...it looks to me as though you can go the competition at WWoS on Friday, Saturday and Sunday without using days off of your parkhopper pass and then go to the parks Mon-Wed. I think they will still scan your pass at WWoS, but it just won't use any of your actually days unless you go to a park ALSO on Fri-Sun.

In the past, my daughter has gone to the parks on Friday, competed on Saturday and Sunday without going to the parks, and then went to the parks on Monday and still had a day left she didn't end up using.

From the USASF website....
"Admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports® is NOT considered a theme park
admission, and therefore does not use a day on your Park Hopper." and "Tickets valid April 21 - May 6, 2012 •"
So...it looks to me as though you can go the competition at WWoS on Friday, Saturday and Sunday without using days off of your parkhopper pass and then go to the parks Mon-Wed. I think they will still scan your pass at WWoS, but it just won't use any of your actually days unless you go to a park ALSO on Fri-Sun.

In the past, my daughter has gone to the parks on Friday, competed on Saturday and Sunday without going to the parks, and then went to the parks on Monday and still had a day left she didn't end up using.

That's interesting! I just assumed that's why the commuter package came with a 3-day park hopper pass.

Unfortunately now Pop Century is sold out so we can't even do that for two days. This is turning into a very expensive trip.

Stay just offsite that offers transportation to the parks. The Clarion Inn on Palm Parkway is usually pretty inexpensive. I have stayed there before. It is clean.

Stay just offsite that offers transportation to the parks. The Clarion Inn on Palm Parkway is usually pretty inexpensive. I have stayed there before. It is clean.

Isn't it a $60 cab ride from the airport? Everyone has different flights it's going to add up quickly. Plus we have to get to all-star to practice with our team. Ugh.

That definitely is something we're considering, but we're also mostly adults/over 21, so we'd like to actually go somewhere so we'd really need a car. Which is just another thing to have to handle only 10 days away.

Isn't it a $60 cab ride from the airport? Everyone has different flights it's going to add up quickly. Plus we have to get to all-star to practice with our team. Ugh.

That definitely is something we're considering, but we're also mostly adults/over 21, so we'd like to actually go somewhere so we'd really need a car. Which is just another thing to have to handle only 10 days away.

try priceline.com for your car. I got an economy car for $18/day. I have gotten them for less before too.

They can add more days to your hopper pass at the park.

Sure but that would cost a lot more than $30/day. But I saw somewhere that you can get extra park hopper days at Celebration Hall.

If you need a car reservation, i recommend you try things like costcotravel.com and use the promo codes. (don't need to use a costco card for the actual pick up).

Also, stay somewhere near downtown disney. THis way you can walk over there and take the bus.

If you need a car reservation, i recommend you try things like costcotravel.com and use the promo codes. (don't need to use a costco card for the actual pick up).

Also, stay somewhere near downtown disney. THis way you can walk over there and take the bus.

Thanks for the advice, but I just has about 6 people text me that their cards were charged and then an email from a woman from USASF saying they were able to get us into rooms at all-star. Thank gawd!

Back