All-Star Worlds Scoresheets 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a Cheetah mom, I would really like to see the Large Coed sheets. Does anyone know what the hold up is?

And now you LEGIT have to stunt basket pyramid in international. The top end ranges are all fixed to match their actual percentage.

This year just got HARD

This is why we should have level 4 INT. I cant think of one college in the west that could even attempt this, maybe Oregon? I have no idea just a guess. All girl cheer isn't big out here in any level school, forget coed. Most international teams are still teaching the basics of stunting and tumbling. But this will make those teams that can do it even more amazing..

I'm laughing at this. Where do you live? Because that's not easily doable in New England where you're lucky if you can find 12 guys for an ioc6 team. We were probably the best coed 6 team in New England last year and we managed team toss libs, but a number of those had two guys underneath.

I'm not saying that I feel bad for the little guys - I think they still have a purpose. You still need tumbling, it's just not going to be the highlight of the routine. But then you can add big stunting guys who don't tumble or older athletes who no longer tumble but can still stunt. Those little boys can catch double downs and throw baskets and get involved in pyramids. You can put two of them together and they can do a stunt together in a team stunt to eek in one more if you don't have 12 guys who can do it on their own.

Edit: Is tumbling worth less than last year? It seems like we had this debate then.

I live in Socal, home of the little tumblers who can't stunt and scoff at you if you don't tumble. It's bad out here! When it comes to smaller stunters, it's all about technique and their desire to work hard at it. I've never seen anyone who can't at least toss target by themselves with proper coaching and hard work. I agree with what you're saying about the teams. I think we're going to start seeing a lot more well rounded teams, and that excites me! Kind of wish I would have done Lv6 this year when I had the chance :(

No more level 6 for us, just level 5 this year. But, for example, Rust last year would be winning this division by a VERY large amount.

So you're saying that while Louisville (sorry Gym Tyme) may have had better tumbling than you, you had better stunting (coed in particular)? You would also have the benefit of being able to build your routine to the Worlds scoresheet while they, first and foremost, would have to match NCA's. I don't remember either routine very well, but it didn't seem to me like the scoresheets were that different this year.

Also, that's really too bad you don't have Rust this year.

I live in Socal, home of the little tumblers who can't stunt and scoff at you if you don't tumble. It's bad out here! When it comes to smaller stunters, it's all about technique and their desire to work hard at it. I've never seen anyone who can't at least toss target by themselves with proper coaching and hard work. I agree with what you're saying about the teams. I think we're going to start seeing a lot more well rounded teams, and that excites me! Kind of wish I would have done Lv6 this year when I had the chance :(

I meant to edit my post to say that I must have missed the double down part of your post, which basically limits your team to 8 stunts. Actually, even without the double downs, you need a spot for each stretch. So, yeah, 8 stunts isn't that unreasonable.

I love this, and it's the first time I've EVER been truly excited to watch all star stuff. I'm big on stunts, and not one man but there's really 2-3 people underneath it stunts. I don't feel bad for the little guys at all. It's not hard to learn how to partner stunt, no matter what size you are. Having a full team toss target - stretch - double down section is easily doable, then choreograph an elite section for the big boys to do their thing. Instead of looking at it as tumbling taking a hit, I think this is something that opens up all stars to a whole new audience that weren't necessary before - big guys like me that can stunt the crap out of anyone, but probably won't be doing more then BHS/standing tucks for a looooong time.

Maybe this will help out the state of college cheer too. Forcing all the tumblers to partner stunt might make them interested in college cheer again!
Who are you? I don't know where you are from but trying to find guys where cheer isn't popular is the hardest thing let alone finding big meat head guys to do that kind of stunting. If you look at the coed teams in the northwest which isn't alot, but majority of the guys are skinny tumblers. I think have 2 man stunt groups is totally reasonable but true unassisted stunting like your talking is NOT easily doable as you put it. Do I think there needs too have focus on coed stunting sure but you need to be realistic. I think this coed stunting point value will further the fact that big gyms who can pull in this kind of talent will continue to win and the small gyms hurt even more.

Also, and not sure if everyone noticed, on baskets and jumps execution is worth more. On stunting and pyramids difficulty is worth more. On tumbling execution and difficulty are even. So we are now rewarding skills in the correct ways. No routine maxes out this socresheet at all. If the scoresheet looks intimidating.. it is.

I noticed, and I hope the range is defined and scored to that level of detail. Especially this year. We need an adge somewhere.;) I'm having a hard time seeing a panel getting this right in the short period of time they seem to have from my layperson perspective. I still think ultimately that video is going to have to come into play and really do not see why it would be a problem. We can watch a Jammy knock off while scores are compiled.

I noticed, and I hope the range is defined and scored to that level of detail. Especially this year. We need an adge somewhere.;) I'm having a hard time seeing a panel getting this right in the short period of time they seem to have from my layperson perspective. I still think ultimately that video is going to have to come into play and really do not see why it would be a problem. We can watch a Jammy knock off while scores are compiled.

It bothers me that there's no rubric. You're basically telling the judges to score teams by holding up a sign 1-20 in some sections. That's a huge range and hopefully judges can be consistent with the routines that they score.

Who are you? I don't know where you are from but trying to find guys where cheer isn't popular is the hardest thing let alone finding big meat head guys to do that kind of stunting. If you look at the coed teams in the northwest which isn't alot, but majority of the guys are skinny tumblers. I think have 2 man stunt groups is totally reasonable but true unassisted stunting like your talking is NOT easily doable as you put it. Do I think there needs too have focus on coed stunting sure but you need to be realistic. I think this coed stunting point value will further the fact that big gyms who can pull in this kind of talent will continue to win and the small gyms hurt even more.

You don't need to be big to do a toss target. You don't really need to be big to do any partner stunting. Toss targets are part of the basics, and with hard work and good technique/coaching are attainable by most people. I mean, look at that girl that did a toss QP last year. She's bigger by girl standards, but probably still weighs less then your average male tumbler. As for who I am, if you really want to know you can PM me, haha.

We have the same problems in New England. Opens teams here practice only one day a week and it's really hard to learn to toss a stunt in that amount of time. It's even harder if you don't have coaches or a significant number of other guys on the team who have experience with elite stunting. Hell, we had a hard time teaching the boys we used to have in college and we practiced 4 days a week or so.

But if you can put up 5 toss stunts, maybe even 2 of them with an assist, you're going to score higher than performing that same stunt in an all-girl group. Teams doing coed stunts should be rewarded. I could probably hit a stretch to stretch tick tock with a bunch of guys underneath me, but it's harder to do toss stunts. Yes it will be hard to stay competitive against the big gyms, but you can't claim to be among the best coed teams in the country if you can't coed stunt.

IDK. We have 6 boys on our medium coed team. 15, 16, 17, 17, 18 and 18. The biggest boy is our 15 year old, lol. Our smallest flyer is about 95-100 pounds. Doing true unassisted stunts, even to target for most of them would be unrealistic. I will be anxious to see what our team is able to do with these new coed stunting rules....

It bothers me that there's no rubric. You're basically telling the judges to score teams by holding up a sign 1-20 in some sections. That's a huge range and hopefully judges can be consistent with the routines that they score.

I think for Worlds its fantastic. A rubric does make sense for levels 1 - 5 restricted. But this is Worlds. You do just one section not in level and you have no chance of winning. You don't do something that is competitive you won't score well. It is WIDE open, but still divided enough to allow judges to adjust correctly. Do I think the scoresheet can get better? Yes. But for this year is this a fantastic upgrade? Yes. This evolutionary change actually does what the percentages 'aimed' to do last year.

So you're saying that while Louisville (sorry Gym Tyme) may have had better tumbling than you, you had better stunting (coed in particular)? You would also have the benefit of being able to build your routine to the Worlds scoresheet while they, first and foremost, would have to match NCA's. I don't remember either routine very well, but it didn't seem to me like the scoresheets were that different this year.

I believe NCA has also been following suit where stunting is even more important. This past year the routine that Gym Tyme used was the same as the one Louisville used in Daytona and according to the varsity recap they were the only team to score into the highest range for stunt because they were unassited. It was also added that they must have jumps to a full which if I read correctly is also on the IOC6 scoresheet this year in the max range. Seems like if Louisville takes the same routine this year that they will still be good with the scoresheet because it seems NCA and the IOC6 scoresheet are awarding around the same things.

I am also really sad that Rust is no more because I honestly loved them every year.

Absolutely. I'm always amazed at how professional the judges seem to be when they post here, and how they judge and score. I know a couple who do it at high level. They really are good, but you are spot on.

It was hard to let it go, but I couldn't get level 6 athletes to practice enough to compete with GT. I could get the talent, but they have to travel a long ways, are an assortment of different college students and people who have graduated, and would only be able to practice once a week. I think I did a comparison and GT the week before Worlds puts in more hours to practice than we had all season. All our people have jobs and college cheer won't let them practice that much. Not to mention getting UCA cheerleaders who understand the flow and work of all-star is difficult (even though they can stunt and basket their butts off!).

Now level 5 athletes its QUITE a bit different. The attitudes, expectations, and practice schedule are a lot different. So we have had twice a week practices this year and it is amazing how much less stressed we are about just knowing the routine. By the time NCA and Cheersport roll around we will actually be prepared to go and have a routine that is comparable to our normal all-star teams (but way stunt heavier).

I would only do level 6 again if they agreed to practice twice a week.

Latest posts

Back