All-Star Worlds Scoresheets 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As an international coach I'm slightly disappointed if the tumbling sections were given less importance to open this up to international teams. We do not have any worlds teams in Northern Ireland yet although an Irish Team representing both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland competed last year at ICU and USASF worlds. I am currently working very hard at developing cheer in Northern Ireland with the plan that we will have a team ready to truly compete at level 5 by 2015. I know this may seem a little strange to some, I watched all the international teams from last year at both ICU and USASF and am aware that although some were able to field level 5 teams a lot of what I saw were level 3 and 4. I personally would not be happy sending my athletes half way across the world if I did not think they were able to go and compete at level! If that means I have to spend years working at building the skills up then thats what I plan on doing and that includes tumbling.
We compete under USASF rules in all but one of our competitions at the moment and I feel that if score sheets are weighted so far away from tumbling it is giving people an excuse to not believe they need to keep developing their tumbling skills.

As an international coach I'm slightly disappointed if the tumbling sections were given less importance to open this up to international teams. We do not have any worlds teams in Northern Ireland yet although an Irish Team representing both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland competed last year at ICU and USASF worlds. I am currently working very hard at developing cheer in Northern Ireland with the plan that we will have a team ready to truly compete at level 5 by 2015. I know this may seem a little strange to some, I watched all the international teams from last year at both ICU and USASF and am aware that although some were able to field level 5 teams a lot of what I saw were level 3 and 4. I personally would not be happy sending my athletes half way across the world if I did not think they were able to go and compete at level! If that means I have to spend years working at building the skills up then thats what I plan on doing and that includes tumbling.
We compete under USASF rules in all but one of our competitions at the moment and I feel that if score sheets are weighted so far away from tumbling it is giving people an excuse to not believe they need to keep developing their tumbling skills.
As a international coach as well i totally agree with you!

teams beat them all the time black didn't win worlds, and pink was beat... once? last year.. haha. i mean yeah.i get you though.

Pink did get beat last year in cheersport. The routine was the same routine they performed at worlds where they had the highest score of all divisions. Cheersport did not score the international division as international but used the club division score sheet. The routine was built for the worlds score sheet as is this years. Watch out for the Pink Ladies this year as the are still very hungry for another title.

As far as being forced to cheer at Gymtyme if you are on Louisville that is crazy. There are kids that do both. Some do GT only and some do just UofL. The difference is that if you are going to and cheering at UofL you have been cheering at a very high level and would love the opportunity to try and get a NCA jacket A NCA college ring and finish with a world title and the ring that goes with it.

...and what is the incentive if you are a foreign team to get good tumbling? you don't need it, so why work on it?
Talking as a int open level 6 athlete in Europe, we work as much on tumbling as we did when the scoresheets rewarded tumbling more. And it's not just Worlds that counts, all teams still want to have the best possible tumbling at our Nationals.

(And you still need level 5 skills in standing and running tumbling + jumps to standing tumbling. That's 25 points.)

You should not only watch out for Bangkok and asian teams, this is Funky Team Gorillaz from Finland. They got all the stunting... Video is from a couple of weeks ago.

Just so were all aware the scoresheets stayed the same, it's only the rubric that was adjusted and the top level point values not reflect what was intended last year. So far there is no hidden agenda in the scoresheets like last year.

Well as @Mclovin said, it "hints" to 3 or more for Synch tumbling but doesn't clarify, still annoyed but I see your point. After reading through a bit I just want to say, I don't care what level you are or what country your from, stunting and tumbling should be dead equal. It makes me laugh all the time when people talk of "the big UCA stunt guys as unassisted" are we watching the same Nationals videos? Watch UCA college nationals and the teams that win have TWO yes TWO guys (at least) on there elites, assisting when necessary and winning. So what if another guy touches it? I'd rather see TWO guys do some crazy stuff than ONE guy do a toss target, heel stretch, double down (Yawn, yawn, yawn). I get it, UCA aka Varsity aka USASF wants guys to hold their own stunts, yes I get it, but to penalize teams this much is stupid.
However, before people go jumping all in favor of this biased crap, remember the words of the commentator (cough, cough) the year Miami Elite won Worlds and all they could do was criticize Miami Elite (dancer boy year) and what happened? They WON, they had the most creative, most tumbling packed routine, and hit the score sheet ENOUGH with their stunts.
Sorry, I see it, and have been seeing it as long as I have been in cheerleading, UCA wants guys to hold their own stunts (which again, I'm not AGAINST) but we are talking high school kids or heck even college kids. There are a RARE FEW college guys that can do crazy stunts solo. Do I like watching partner stunt comp? Yes, but when I'm watching a TEAM, I look for the all-around. I think World's will be boring if this keeps up.
UCA/USASF person "Oh wow did you see those three toss libs, wooowwww" Me, "Oh, sorry I missed it, I fell asleep"

You are correct that it does not reward tumbling. And last year it gave the appearance of not rewarding tumbling, but mathematically it really did. This years rubric is a correction to reflect what was originally intended AND ask for by the majority of international teams.

the score sheet situation is definitely better than last year. routines generally change slightly throughout the season anyway but you now you kind of know which direction you need to lean towards for later on in the season when you're making your changes.

Back