All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last season a girl was sick. Halfway through The routine she ran off the matt and threw up. She ran back on and then later on she ran off the Matt again! We all felt so bad for her!

Lets see... in my 10 years of cheering as i can remember stuff in order it happened

1) my old coaches were in traffic and didnt make it to the comp in time for us to competre. A parent took us into warmups with a coaches pass they were given

2) My curly hairpiece fell out during he dance

3) i forgot what was next in the routine i started alking to tumbling as the cheer was starting and i hurried up and ran back into formation as soon as i realized!

4) Getting last place at a certain competition when we had multiple OBVIOUS deductions (Im talking 2-3 tumbling touches that one was even right in the front) and then being embarrassed when they gave us an award for being one of the few teams with a deduction free routine of the weekend as they called us for 8th/8th. (Sorry still a little mad about this one considering we placed usually in the top all season long at every other competition i go n a rant every time i talk about it:confused:)

5) Last season at WSF we were sponging from the end of pyramid and my flyer threw up right on me! Thats was so hard to keep a smile on my face during the dance but i did! (this was also a 2 day compeition i still had another team later in the day and my hotel had no washer so I had to wash it in the competiton bathroom a little bit and then hand wash it that night at the hotel! :mad:

Worst comp moment for me was last season when my main base sprained her ACL (I'm a side base) and since we were the shortest bases on the team there was no one short enough to base with me, so I had to sit out of the round as well (MI cheer problems.) So my coach pulled up 2 girls from JV, and I had to sit and watch like every stunt fall :(
Also at the very next comp my coach got a call 1 hour before our bus left saying that one of our flyers was currently getting her appendix removed. That was a fun day of reworking...

My worst comp moments were probably these two

1. A few years back we threw a fulltwisting layout baskettoss in the beginning of the routine and my flyer bent over my thumb with her foot when pulling her feet through and tore my ligaments in the thumb. Right after that Toss we threw Rewinds and i'm a Backspot which is not that much fun if you just destroyed your thumb , but i somehow managed to get through the whole routine without dropping one of my stunts. I had to have surgery right after we got home, otherwise i would have never been able to use my thumb again, which my doctor did not recommend, and was out for 3 months missing our first ever Nationals we qualified for . Not a fun time

2. This year we got stuck in traffic on day 2 of a bigger competition and missed our Stuntgroup Warm Ups. We got to the parking lot, ran to the warm up area to at least do each stunt once before competing, literally ran from the Warm Up area which is a 10 minute walk from the competition venue to the venue and right on the mat. Needless to say our routine did not look good that day. Definitly one of my least favorite competition experiences.

My worst comp moments were probably these two

1. A few years back we threw a fulltwisting layout baskettoss in the beginning of the routine and my flyer bent over my thumb with her foot when pulling her feet through and tore my ligaments in the thumb. Right after that Toss we threw Rewinds and i'm a Backspot which is not that much fun if you just destroyed your thumb , but i somehow managed to get through the whole routine without dropping one of my stunts. I had to have surgery right after we got home, otherwise i would have never been able to use my thumb again, which my doctor did not recommend, and was out for 3 months missing our first ever Nationals we qualified for . Not a fun time
As a backspot, I feel you! Thinking of rewinds with a messed up thumb makes me cringe.

My worst comp moment was luckily an exhibition, since in college you really don't compete more than once. It was at local HS comp and we were doing simple collegiate skills, but somehow we fell on a freaking walk in arabesque, a flyer busted a backspots nose and she was bleeding all over her white uniform, our last pass busted, and we messed up our entire pyramid sequence because the first skill, a toss a-frame, took out one of the shoulder stands that was supposed to catch it. Yeah it was awful.

Reading this thread makes me realize how many people actually puke in the middle of routines. What's up with that anyway?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Reading this thread makes me realize how many people actually puke in the middle of routines. What's up with that anyway?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Comp season and flu season overlapping :rolleyes: but really, it's crazy, I can't remember the last time that nobody puked on the mat... Luckily it's never been my team (though I've had teammates puking before/after). I think I might have a breakdown... I can't deal with people throwing up.

Back