All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So when I was 8, I was on a Junior level 2 team. I get sick a lot during the winter, but I had gone to this competition, perfectly healthy and ready to go. It was a local one, so it was pretty small and mainly just Cheer Extreme teams. While on deck to perform, I spiked around a 103 fever and literally turned white and was about to throw up...I couldn't just bail on my team right then though! So CSP put trashcans on every corner of the floor and I'll never forget her saying how she loved me but she also loved my team and they needed me more than ever, and how if I needed to throw up, go to a trashcan at a designated corner and keep going. LOL traumatizing experience for an 8 year old. :p

probably smoeds worst comp moment...

lol... funny how some people dont believe its them.

To say that someone who has epilepsy shouldn't be driving or cheering for the simple fact that they are epileptic is completely ignorant. There are several degrees/types of epileptic disorders that range from mild to severe. Some are not as dangerous as other while others can be life threatening. I have had epilepsy my entire life and have been fine, granted that my epilepsy was a lot more severe when I was child and have since then reduced in severity. If someone has debilitating epilepsy then I can see where there could be an issue with driving or sports. But the same goes for people with asthma. I usually can feel when Im about to have a seizure and have enough time to warn someone or stop my car (its never happened while driving thankfully). My last seizure was after I had reconstructive ankle surgery and was pretty severe but because its controlled for the most part I did not have my license suspended. Medication helps a lot and makes it so people with epilepsy can have a normal life.

Worst comp moment was back in 2012; I broke my ankle a week before worlds. I had the doctor give me a moon boot and agreed to come back and get it casted after worlds (I lied and told him that I wasn't going to tumble). Fast forward to worlds prelims, I taped my ankle really tight, laced up my brace, and then taped on top of the brace. It was safe to say that my ankle wasn't going anywhere. I warmed up what I could and saved my tumbling for the comp floor. We walk out I nervously get set and wait for the music. The music starts and the first thing that I do in the routine is a 1 to double. I land my double and my ankle shatters, it felt like a bomb when off inside my leg. I have never been in so much pain in my life and just keep telling myself "PUSH CJ PUSH". I throw my toe full, standing tumbling to double and running double and stick all of my tumbling and stunts (my team not so much:confused:). I had to half crawl/limp off the floor and was heart broken when I saw the reply and was in complete shock and disbelief by all of the random mistakes that happened. I ended up having to have reconstructive surgery to fix my shattered ankle but got a cool pic out of it at least.:rolleyes:

This gem was snapped when I landed my handspring double.

tumblr_nakia8zejw1r2vsv2o1_400.jpg
I always love your stories and whatever you post! That's insane but still kind of cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading this thread makes me realize how many people actually puke in the middle of routines. What's up with that anyway?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
A girl on our "buddy team" one year started gagging in the middle of the routine and they stopped it lol. They have videos on youtube of the routine with her gagging and then they have the other half after they get back on to finish it. Hahahah I think its so funny they took two videos and put them up. The girl is sooo sweet and just laughed about it afterwards.

well 2 out of 3 preps at the end isn't bad. </sarcasm>

what year was this?
its 10-11. first year as smoed sr. the year before they smoed jr.

A girl on our "buddy team" one year started gagging in the middle of the routine and they stopped it lol. They have videos on youtube of the routine with her gagging and then they have the other half after they get back on to finish it. Hahahah I think its so funny they took two videos and put them up. The girl is sooo sweet and just laughed about it afterwards.

pls post link to gagging girl video. :D

Another one for me was after day two of nationals, (we had one fall day one) we were extra nervous for nationals, (btw a girl got food poisoning from the night before at a team dinner) and this girl had to compete anyways bc we had no alternates. Anyways we hit the routine so perfect and the girl who was sick ended the routine in a stunt, and as soon as it was over we all went in to hug bc we hit perfect and as soon as that happened she threw up every where :() but at least we had the satisfaction on hitting:)

I know this thread is 3 1/2 years old but just wanted to share a couple actually...

Moment #1: My old team once had different sections of stunting (elite stunt, show-me's stunt, and 2-mans). The same flyer fell during all 3 stunt sections. Not just that but the flyer fell during warm-ups and concussed a teammate of ours. Yep, it foreshadowed the future... The flyer also fell on the same base that got a concussion (back in warm-ups) during the performance.... This was our first competition of the season btw.

Moment #2: A girl from my old gym would always puke before competing. So one time at a competition, she puked so much, that we had to let about 4 teams go perform before we were intended to perform.

Moment #3: I bet a few of you may remember this but, 2 years ago, at my old gym, during our routine at the end of running tumbling, a teammate of mine passed out for a few seconds. She laid there for about I'd say 30 seconds. We had to stop the routine and redo our routine. When I say redo it, I mean we had to use a flyer that was out because she sprained her foot but had to use her because the person who passed out was point flyer in pyramid.

Back