All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought if you have any kind of seizure condition a doctor is legally obligated to report it to the DMV and your license is suspended until you have gone at least 6 months seizure free. One of my crazy housemates in college supposedly developed a seizure disorder during our senior year which was miraculously cured when she found out about the suspension of license issue.
I worked with a guy who had epilepsy and he drove himself to work so he must have had it under control, but in the weeks before I left he had at least 2 seizures at work (that I know of) and was sent home each time. I think his dad started driving him after that.

To say that someone who has epilepsy shouldn't be driving or cheering for the simple fact that they are epileptic is completely ignorant. There are several degrees/types of epileptic disorders that range from mild to severe. Some are not as dangerous as other while others can be life threatening. I have had epilepsy my entire life and have been fine, granted that my epilepsy was a lot more severe when I was child and have since then reduced in severity. If someone has debilitating epilepsy then I can see where there could be an issue with driving or sports. But the same goes for people with asthma. I usually can feel when Im about to have a seizure and have enough time to warn someone or stop my car (its never happened while driving thankfully). My last seizure was after I had reconstructive ankle surgery and was pretty severe but because its controlled for the most part I did not have my license suspended. Medication helps a lot and makes it so people with epilepsy can have a normal life.

Worst comp moment was back in 2012; I broke my ankle a week before worlds. I had the doctor give me a moon boot and agreed to come back and get it casted after worlds (I lied and told him that I wasn't going to tumble). Fast forward to worlds prelims, I taped my ankle really tight, laced up my brace, and then taped on top of the brace. It was safe to say that my ankle wasn't going anywhere. I warmed up what I could and saved my tumbling for the comp floor. We walk out I nervously get set and wait for the music. The music starts and the first thing that I do in the routine is a 1 to double. I land my double and my ankle shatters, it felt like a bomb when off inside my leg. I have never been in so much pain in my life and just keep telling myself "PUSH CJ PUSH". I throw my toe full, standing tumbling to double and running double and stick all of my tumbling and stunts (my team not so much:confused:). I had to half crawl/limp off the floor and was heart broken when I saw the reply and was in complete shock and disbelief by all of the random mistakes that happened. I ended up having to have reconstructive surgery to fix my shattered ankle but got a cool pic out of it at least.:rolleyes:

This gem was snapped when I landed my handspring double.

tumblr_nakia8zejw1r2vsv2o1_400.jpg

I had a stunt come down in one comp. It was the opening stunt sequence, and my top kind on slide down my face and body. She knocked my 1 contact lens loose and I could feel it as I blinked. It then fell out. We set up the next stunt and I saw it sitting on my knee. I figured, "Oh well, there it goes" and went on with the routine. We were right in the middle of the mat too. I finished the routine with only 1 eye (I'm blind as a bat without glasses/contacts) and then went back to look for the contact. Yes, in the middle of the mat. Actually found it, in 1 piece. No tears, rips, nothing. Grabbed some solution and popped it back in.

I did see a girl break her ankle in her first tumbling line (RO BHS Tuck). She broke it landing the tuck. She didn't jump, but did finish the rest of the routine. She topped, and I felt so bad for her when she did her twist out of prep. Whether it was from the broken ankle or her bases, I'm not sure, but they threw her over the main base instead of up and she twisted right to the ground (flat, not on her foot at least).

And finally, I have seen numerous skirt fall off right before the centre flyer goes up into an extension wearing only briefs. Why is it always the centre flyer who has a skirt malfunction??

I had a stunt come down in one comp. It was the opening stunt sequence, and my top kind on slide down my face and body. She knocked my 1 contact lens loose and I could feel it as I blinked. It then fell out. We set up the next stunt and I saw it sitting on my knee. I figured, "Oh well, there it goes" and went on with the routine. We were right in the middle of the mat too. I finished the routine with only 1 eye (I'm blind as a bat without glasses/contacts) and then went back to look for the contact. Yes, in the middle of the mat. Actually found it, in 1 piece. No tears, rips, nothing. Grabbed some solution and popped it back in.

I did see a girl break her ankle in her first tumbling line (RO BHS Tuck). She broke it landing the tuck. She didn't jump, but did finish the rest of the routine. She topped, and I felt so bad for her when she did her twist out of prep. Whether it was from the broken ankle or her bases, I'm not sure, but they threw her over the main base instead of up and she twisted right to the ground (flat, not on her foot at least).

And finally, I have seen numerous skirt fall off right before the centre flyer goes up into an extension wearing only briefs. Why is it always the centre flyer who has a skirt malfunction??
That kind of malfunction must be 10x worse if you're wearing brief-cut spankies. And how do you continue on a broken ankle?

Not allstar, but I was watching my School's pep rally a few months back, and when the cheerleaders went On, they had this section where they got into two spaced out lines opposite each other and then they all went for a roundoff. About 80% tripped- a couple feel flat On their face-- OVER A ROUNDOFF. But I wasn't surprised- I was watching one of their pracices (because I played basketball at the time) and saw them try To do roundoffs- everything about them was just... wrong.

Back