All-Star You All Knew This Was Coming!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who owns the throne... and the Large Senior Golden Globe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought ball ups to 1 leg were level 5?
Only clarification for Level 4 release moves is that they may not exceed extended arm level. You can technically do a ball up that doesnt exceed extended arm level. It just won't look as great as a level 5 ball up. But i have seen level 4 teams do this all year.

I'm in talks right now with Rosetta Stone to come out with their "Cheercoach-ese" language-learning tool. Once that's released I'll be able to comment on half of what's been said here...

I know enough about this stuff to, usually, keep up, but this post just made me feel like a year-one cheer mom. Love yall!
:eek:

My. favorite. post.

Please let me know once it's released, because I honestly have a headache from reading this thread. I feel like I just signed my kids up for their first tumble class this morning...because I do not have a CLUE what 90% of this thread says.

The only right way to compare all of the top Large Senior teams is to look at each individual section of a score sheet and discuss. You can say that this team is going to win, but back it up. ... and by ALL, i meant top 3.

Standing - F5 has the numbers in standing to doubles and Shooting Stars have the 7 "textbook" toe fulls with 6 standing fulls, and 6/7 hand fulls. CEA has a lot of standing tumbling but half of it ends in fulls, with their standing full section having majority standing tucks in it.

Running - Stars have the numbers in terms of passes ending with doubles due in large part to the 16 running doubles to the front of the mat then all of their specialties after jumps. F5 has the most number of specialty passes. CEA disguises their tumbling well by throwing fulls along side doubles and also having straight doubles chase specialty passes.

Sync - F5 and Stars both have large groups of tumbling with perfect sync and difficult passes.

Jumps - Spice is the exception to the top 3 with probably the best jumps in the division. F5 has a pike then triple jump back (hurdler, toe, pike). Stars have a double jump (hurdler hurdler), then the classic triple toe back. CEA has 4 jumps to back, with some timing issues in the last video i saw.

Stunts - CEA in terms of overall impact. They have the first stunt with 8 groups. F5 and Stars arent far behind at all in terms of difficulty AND have 9 groups. Then second stunt, Stars and F5 have harder team skills (3 out of 9 stunts doing something difficult doesn't mean a higher group stunt difficulty)

Pyramids - while everyone automatically thinks of cea, both F5 and Stars have stepped up their pyramids this year. They have a lot of elements that add to the overall effect and give you more of the feeling that everything is happening at the same time. So again, CEA may have the overall effect, but Stars and F5 both have a lot of elements that add up.

Tosses - While F5 does 8 of them and leads the pack with numbers, Stars give you 7 that are broken into 2 groups so you can see the amazing switch kicks. In addition, F5 also does 2 pikes and a toe touch. Stars also have a different level 5 basket in their opening with 2 hitch kick (no twist) baskets on either side. CEA has the switch kick and kick doubles in their sequence with 3 kick doubles in the opening of the routine and 2 pikes during tumbling. I'm gonna say Stars lead the pack in terms of variety with the standard level 5 basket, an elite 4 trick level 5 basket, and 2 level 4 baskets opposed to the standard level 5 baskets and level 3 baskets of the other 2.

Dance - F5 and Stars, lets just face it, these girls have been giving it to you since they were on youth teams and just plain dance better than CEA. Not putting them down, just saying, the dance isnt their forte.

Formations/Transitions - CEA should win this category since their transitions are all the same as last year. But F5 and Stars are always known for having smooth creative transitions with plenty of choreography to fill the gaps.

Routine Time - CEA has been over all year and this is the one place that it actually matters. Not sure what the timing is like with the new dance however. But if their music is the same length from previous competitions, they are definitely over 2:30.

Overall - Really whatever I say here is going to be argued with so maybe I will leave this blank.... If everyone puts the Kool-Aid down you'll see it is going to come down to the most perfectly executed routine.

As a Judge, I believe this is pretty biased.
I believe that Several of the other teams in this division can hang with, if not out-do, these "top three" teams...
-Stingray will be a team to watch out for in the top three. They might not have the tumbling, but overall execution is going to be in .9's throughout the entire scoresheet. If one of the "top three" has any deductions, be prepared to see spice move into there position. Dont count them out yet.
-FCA: did we not see them hit a clean routine and beat World Cup? They will have to be clean, but I wouldnt count them out yet.
-CEA: I haven't seen them hit a clean routine (without deductions) in the finals of worlds in a long time. They have A LOT of pressure on them. Overall, CEA has the best shot at winning the title because of their CONSISTENCY all year long. They have an overall well rounded routine, but will have to hit it perfect to take the title.
-WCSS: They are an amazing team and have the talent to win. But I fear that if something happens in the first 30 sec's of the routine, it will all go down hill (as we saw in their Rhode Island performance). We have seen very few routines from them without deductions. I hope that they can come out on the floor with confidence, and hit it clean.
-f5: They have overall the hardest difficulty. But I fear they will be hurt on execution if they dont clean up tumbling form/landings, jump landings, and really nail those stunts down perfect. If they can hit a FLAWLESS routine, they will be the top contender for the gold.
-Woodlands: Being a Texas girl, I know these kids have been in the gym cleaning this routine like crazy. I will expect to see a super clean routine from them. Overall they have TONS of difficulty, but like WCSS we haven't really seen a clean routine consistently from them. I think they will be on top of their game at Worlds and will be fighting for one of those medals.... dont count Generals out.

Overall it will come down to execution.
Judging this year I know that they have really pushed nailing that execution score to be correct.
If a team only throws majority fulls, but they are the most beautiful fulls ever.... They might be low on difficulty, but that .9-1.0 execution score will keep them even, if not higher scoring than a team with majority (so-so technique) doubles....

I really expect this division to be a nail biter and super fun to watch.
I wish EVERY team in this division the best of luck, and I hoping to see SAFE and CLEAN performances from all!

As a Judge, I believe this is pretty biased.

Overall it will come down to execution.
Judging this year I know that they have really pushed nailing that execution score to be correct.
If a team only throws majority fulls, but they are the most beautiful fulls ever.... They might be low on difficulty, but that .9-1.0 execution score will keep them even, if not higher scoring than a team with majority (so-so technique) doubles....

I know there are other teams than the top 3 that will contend in certain categories, but i specifically chose to leave them out. If the top 3 all hit, I don't think anyone will argue that another team will oust the top 3.

As for execution, youre not familiar with the worlds score sheet. Execution is EQUAL to difficulty. Very different from the varsity score sheet.
So execution matters A LOT at worlds. The only place where execution isnt as much is in Tosses where difficulty is 15 and execution is 10.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds Documents /Worlds_ 2011_All Girl_ L5 Club_ Divisions.pdf

I know there are other teams than the top 3 that will contend in certain categories, but i specifically chose to leave them out. If the top 3 all hit, I don't think anyone will argue that another team will oust the top 3.

As for execution, youre not familiar with the worlds score sheet. Execution is EQUAL to difficulty. Very different from the varsity score sheet.
So execution matters A LOT at worlds. The only place where execution isnt as much is in Tosses where difficulty is 15 and execution is 10.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds Documents /Worlds_ 2011_All Girl_ L5 Club_ Divisions.pdf

Familiar with the worlds score sheets, just speaking of what they have scored execution wise throughout this year on the Varsity sheet, in terms with execution in general.

As for the top three, I think after this big break for perfecting routines, Its going to come down to more than just three teams. We really haven't seen Generals in a while, and Im sure Spice will have added a little difficulty in tumbling since UCA (Though, Im sure they are going to clean safe route).
I highly doubt (though it would be amazing) the top three teams hit perfect both days. These girls have too much pressure put on them! But, like you said, if the top three contenders do hit perfect both days, it will line up where they are the top three. But due to the increased execution demand, im guessing that we are going to have results that shock several people.

rude. maybe senior elite ISNT the best team out there. GASP!

I'm not saying they are! Heck, the teal army kind of annoys me a lot of the time. But, regardless, the initial "breakdown" had backhanded compliments directed solely at Senior Elite.

For example, "Formations/Transitions - CEA should win this category since their transitions are all the same as last year." Why even mention last year? It has absolutely no affect on this season. You look childish.

Additionally, "Dance - F5 and Stars, lets just face it, these girls have been giving it to you since they were on youth teams and just plain dance better than CEA. Not putting them down, just saying, the dance isnt their forte." Yes, clearly you aren't putting them down. Joke. Dancing is, for the most part, subjective and saying their dance "isn't their forte" is unfair.

I have a couple more examples of derogatory rhetoric used in the original post and if your interested, I am happy to point them out, but I think you get the point.

For example, "Formations/Transitions - CEA should win this category since their transitions are all the same as last year." Why even mention last year? It has absolutely no affect on this season. You look childish.

Childish or not... I thought it was funny. And it should impact this season, since they have been perfecting them since last.
And i think its safe to say that everyone who didnt drink the Kool-aid will enjoy my post

t
I'm not saying they are! Heck, the teal army kind of annoys me a lot of the time. But, regardless, the initial "breakdown" had backhanded compliments directed solely at Senior Elite.

Additionally, "Dance - F5 and Stars, lets just face it, these girls have been giving it to you since they were on youth teams and just plain dance better than CEA. Not putting them down, just saying, the dance isnt their forte." Yes, clearly you aren't putting them down. Joke. Dancing is, for the most part, subjective and saying their dance "isn't their forte" is unfair.

I have a couple more examples of derogatory rhetoric used in the original post and if your interested, I am happy to point them out, but I think you get the point.
the thing is, dancing really isn't their forte. i can't get into their dance like i can get into f5 or wcss'. i probably speak for a lot of people too. i didn't see anything wrong with his original post. When saying they are all the same from last year, obviously there isn't anything wrong with their transitions because they did win worlds with them didn't they?

Don't forget Tsunami! They have SO many creative transitions! Most of the standing tumbling is one to fulls! They do full team opposite leg full up tick tocks! Full team high to high tick tocks! Many high well executed doubles in running tumbling! Also many specialty passes in running! A creative pyramid with MANY level 5 elements! They WORK the dance! And lets be honest, who doesn't love their day two uniforms? ;)
Maryland Marlins Tsunami! This is how your world began! And this is how it ends! :D

Back