OT You Might Be A Sm/sd If...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Your daughter has a photo shoot every other month with well-known cheer photographers.

You have cornered coaches after team announcements and demanded an explanation.

You have taken it upon yourself to call extra practices for your kid's team because you pretty much think you're the coach. Even though what you're doing is not allowed!

You start every sentence with "Back when I cheered...." Bonus points if "back when I cheered" refers to your one year of Pop Warner in 3rd grade.

You stop coaches after practice and ask if they have a minute to watch Suzie because she learned her "tuck" at home and the coaches just have to see it. You are more "WATCH THIS" than a Mini kid is!

You stop the coaches after practice to discuss OTHER kids. Ex: "I don't know if you noticed, but Sally has been late for practice twice this month." You are the cheer police.

You discuss other kids with your kid's success in mind. Ex: Telling me that I might want to look for a new flyer since Sally has been absent twice. I'm sure you're only mentioning her because you're concerned about her!

You critique other kids in the parent area. Ex: "Sally needs to work on flexibility. Did you see her jumps?"

At tryout meetings or evals, you practically knock down other parents to get to the coaches so you can inform them that Suzie is a flyer and has been flying since she was in the womb. Because if you tell them, she HAS to fly this year, right?

You volunteer ideas all the time when no one asked for them. Example: Stopping a coach after practice and saying "Hey I made up some new material for the Homecoming rally. Can I show you and maybe we can take out that one dance and do the one I made up?" when she didn't really ask for material.

Last edited:
...you become the team mom/dad just so you get to watch the closed practices and/or go to the warm up room, then proceed to tell every other parent all about it.

You seem to think by telling all the parents that you saw the warm up room that you are apart of an exclusive club and should be treated like a celebrity.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You video EVERY tumble pass your cp does during practice so YOU can "go over and discuss" technique with them....

Or you video every single stunt, even standing in front of other people in the parent viewing room to do so, because CP just HAS to review all of them in the car on the way home. If you don't video it, CP will be so upset with you because she can't study it later!!

My daughter asks me to record most of them because she always says I didn't record the perfect one. So I just sit on the side and record.

My best friend asks me to record all of his too. Not so I can critique them but he goes thru my phone and sends all the videos to himself.

At least I'm not the parent that waits till after open gym is over or tumble class is over and the coach is leaving to go up there with my camera and be like can you spot Susie again on her tuck, oh that wasn't as good. One more time so I can record it.

I know the coaches usually don't like that and would rather you just record them when they are in the class actually doing it.
But if this makes me SM then haha oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter asks me to record most of them because she always says I didn't record the perfect one. So I just sit on the side and record.

My best friend asks me to record all of his too. Not so I can critique them but he goes thru my phone and sends all the videos to himself.

At least I'm not the parent that waits till after open gym is over or tumble class is over and the coach is leaving to go up there with my camera and be like can you spot Susie again on her tuck, oh that wasn't as good. One more time so I can record it.

I know the coaches usually don't like that and would rather you just record them when they are in the class actually doing it.
But if this makes me SM then haha oh well

My mom always did this too! I'm a visual learner so being able to see what I was doing was beneficial to be able to figure out what exactly my coach was telling me for corrections.

You do the Tired Brag.

It's not a real brag, because then everyone would think you were bragging. Instead, you talk about how tired your kid is from doing so many awesome things.

Suzy's Mom: "I heard Jenna did really well on Mini 1! We just couldn't stay and watch after our award session. You know, Suzy has been so tired lately from being on Mini 2, Youth 2, and Youth Hip Hop this season, winning state at Sunburst this summer, playing indoor soccer, and getting straight As."

You can't just say "We were too tired to stay and watch" because then how would anyone know how awesome Suzy is?

...when you decide the routine isn't good enough, so instead, you wait for the main coach to be out sick and take over practice. Like, walking out to the floor and choreoing the entire second half of the routine.

...when you hold a surprise practice in your basement...then force the parents to pay for it.

...when you contact the prior coach to b**** about the current coach and ask her to call the current coach to tell her all she did wrong...five minutes after awards.

*Yes, there is a story for every single one and for those who don't know me well; this is all from a Tiny 1 team*

Back