All-Star Your Opinion On Positions!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tbh, all the positions in a stunt group are equally dangerous. I think it depends on your perspective and what position your cp performs on the floor... Since my cp used to be a backspot, my perspective will be that this is the most dangerous, because that is all I really care about and I would have heard countless stories of the brushed with death my cp narrowly escaped during practices...

I think whichever one your child is in. Not to diminish the danger of other positions but you focus on your child so you see the dangers there while not necessarily noticing the danger elsewhere.

So that being said as the mom of a level 5 Flyer I'm voting flyer.

They're all equally dangerous for different reasons. The flyer is at more of a risk from falling a distance and getting a concussion. The backspot's face has a risk of taking a blow from an elbow. I've seen bases with injuries all over the place depending on how hard they try to save a stunt. cheerleading is considered dangerous for a reason.

I have based, fronted, and backed and have had injuries from all of them.

Front- egg on head after being headbutted by flyer

Base- regular bruised sternum as I wasn't basing correctly, hits to shoulder and chest

Back- kicked in the face, sat on, chest hits

My personal take it the bases should get more injured than the flyer as you are there to protect her from falling

My CP is a flyer and broke her arm falling from a stunt but I feel bases get hurt way more often especially when they are keeping the flyer from hitting the floor by being her "landing pad." I give bases much appreciation. I can't speak to which position of bases is more dangerous. I have seen them all get bashed, elbowed, kicked, etc. They put themselves in the way of harm in order to keep that flyer up and keep her from getting hurt. I love bases.

The most dangerous position is the one that the athlete isn't trained for.
THIS. I feel most prone to get hurt or hurt someone when my coach throws me in as a backspot for a stunt, even though it is not an elite skill I would be backing. It's just weird since in my 11 years I've always based or been a top girl. I like when coaches have their team members try out all positions so they can get a feel for each spot and be flexible in stunts. I remember in high school our coach had us do that as bases so you wouldn't get too set on staying on one side.. being a main base was weird since I was only a secondary for the longest time.

Back