All-Star Your Opinion On Positions!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Any position can be dangerous if anyone in the group is not ready or properly trained to fly or base a certain skill. My cp had both bad falls and got elbowed/knocked down a few times in her years as an AS.

I think it's a trade off, basically. My CP is a back spot and takes a LOT of hits saving her flyer. They are generally a really safe stunt group, but things happen learning new skills. She is the one most often injured in her group, but they are minor injuries: black eye, bruises ect. A flyer is at greater risk of more serious injury in a fall to the ground, but in a properly supervised stunt group that shouldn't happen except in the rarest of bad circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alls skill and positions have the potential to be dangerous, even with proper technique and training. There is risk associated with all sports. To answer the original question I'd agree flyers have the most opportunity for injury, and this is coming from a base/backspot . Bases get injured more often but when flyers get injured its tend to be more serious injuries.

Back