All-Star Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CP wants to make JR5, but it's much more likely she'll be on J4 again. She has the skills but gets nervous throwing her full "in front of people" and it ends up looking quite pikey instead of pretty like it does in privates. I think she'll probably also end up basing next season, and I'm not sure what the learning curve is for that so I'd rather her be on a less high pressure team, she's ten and has plenty of time ahead of her.

Now that we officially have hit the "now what" point of the season I figure I'd drum up some conversation about NEXT season.

WHAT are your/your kid's goals for the upcoming season?

Ex:

Does he/she just want to get better at current level (ex: round 2 on J3?)

Is she hoping to move up a level?

Certain skill she wants to get?

Is the goal this season a Worlds team?

Me: I can tell you that my god-daughter's goals are Level 3 this season while her sister is okay with another year on J2.

Going to start with not breaking her arm this season.
Already on the highest level team at our program (SR4) and she made her middle school team so she's happy in that respect.
Trying to get her double back (mental block), perfect her PFSO and get her whip full.
Team goals finally win Cheersport nationals (currently has FIVE 2nd places) and go to D2 Summit.

Right now, my daughter yelling and crying she is ready to return to AS and begging for me to sign her up for tumbling privates... However, I think this excitement will fade now that Worlds and Summit programs are almost off my TV...
PS:
I am not encouaging her at all, the cost savings of not doing AS is just too AWESOME!
Did you hit bullying in my post by accident? I can't figure out how it could be considered bullying?

Like @alpaca 's CP, mine wants to first be on a Sr team. Still technically Jr age (she'll be 14 in June), she would prefer a team with girls closer to her age.

She has been at level 2 for 4 seasons now. This will be her 5th. She has level 3 standing and stunting. She is blocking (still) on her ROBHT and she refuses the throw her FP (she has it but will only throw it on a mat). She is also working on her FWO. She taught herself years ago and does it on the wrong leg. Most times she can still stay on count (even with taking a half step to reset). But she knows it needs to be the correct leg and smooth. So she's working on that.

She'll be happy with S2 or S3. Probably most comfortable on S2 if she isn't throwing her running 3 skills. We'll see in a few weeks :)

My daughter is a level 5 tumbler with multiple elite passes - she still technically does her front FWO wrong. She kinda fakes it with a front handspring step out....never has done it correctly. And the farther and farther away from level 2 she gets the more effort it takes to BWO...she would literally rather standing full than do a BWO.

Best of luck!

CP got a Shootong Starts tryout invite. Send prayers!

congrats to your CP!

A little off topic, but this is a question I've always had if anyone happens to know: how many WC members get a Shooting Star Invitation? Suppose I'm wondering how many people end up actually at the tryouts for Stars considering I'm sure every current Star has to tryout again as well + outsiders?

Good luck to her!

congrats to your CP!

A little off topic, but this is a question I've always had if anyone happens to know: how many WC members get a Shooting Star Invitation? Suppose I'm wondering how many people end up actually at the tryouts for Stars considering I'm sure every current Star has to tryout again as well + outsiders?

Good luck to her!

Thank you!
I think 19 were invited this year, all returning Stars do go through the tryout process and open tryouts for outside people were held yesterday. Hard to say exactly how many will ultimately be at the first round when all of those groups come together.
I’ll know more on Sunday!

Last edited:
So exciting!! There is nothing like getting that envelope and going through the tunnel. Best 2 years of cp’s cheer career. Good luck on Sunday!
Thank you SO much...it was unexpected, which made it even more exciting. Fingers and toes are crossed for her, I know this process can be brutal!

Thank you SO much...it was unexpected, which made it even more exciting. Fingers and toes are crossed for her, I know this process can be brutal!
Just tell her to have a positive attitude and to do the best that she can! They obviously saw something in her that they want. Best of luck to her and keep us posted.

So not just anyone can tryout for that team?
Anyone not from WC can tryout the night they have for their "outside tryout" which is usually the Thursday after Worlds; they held it last night. If you get an invite at that time, you are given the same envelope that the current WC athletes get on Gym Awards night (which was this past Wednesday night). If you are a current WC athlete, you do need an invite to try out.

Anyone not from WC can tryout the night they have for their "outside tryout" which is usually the Thursday after Worlds; they held it last night. If you get an invite at that time, you are given the same envelope that the current WC athletes get on Gym Awards night (which was this past Wednesday night). If you are a current WC athlete, you do need an invite to try out.
Cool! Makes it kind of elite.

Back