All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I honestly think that this whole crop top versus non crop top debate is getting a little silly. Each parent is going to make a decision that they think is best for their child do we all agree no but I have a hard enough parenting my own child, I don't need to parent anyone else's. It honestly doesn't affect my life if someone I don't know chooses not to allow their daughter to wear a crop top. Its their right as a parent to make those choices.
I know when I was cheering our gym had crop tops and I hated it but to be on the team, I had to wear one. So as soon as I was finished on the floor my parents would hand me something to wear over it. And yes, I wore a bikini to the beach but for me it was that I felt like everyone was staring at my pudge on the floor, even though I knew mentally no one was and at the beach with my friends, there was no pressure to look amazing from an overwhelming crowd.

I honestly think that this whole crop top versus non crop top debate is getting a little silly. Each parent is going to make a decision that they think is best for their child do we all agree no but I have a hard enough parenting my own child, I don't need to parent anyone else's. It honestly doesn't affect my life if someone I don't know chooses not to allow their daughter to wear a crop top. Its their right as a parent to make those choices.
I know when I was cheering our gym had crop tops and I hated it but to be on the team, I had to wear one. So as soon as I was finished on the floor my parents would hand me something to wear over it. And yes, I wore a bikini to the beach but for me it was that I felt like everyone was staring at my pudge on the floor, even though I knew mentally no one was and at the beach with my friends, there was no pressure to look amazing from an overwhelming crowd.

It's the Fierce boards. Folks debate. Obviously, no one is going to make any huge moral parenting shifts in opinion because some mamas on a message board told them to. But, as long as we're not threatening to hurt each other...debate is healthy.

Vancouver Allstars Senior female uniform, junior/youth/mini/tiny uniform and all levels male uniform
2qw09py.png

I agree with this. honestly, I don't crop tops intentions are to be pretty in them. Have you ever wore a t shirt will tumbling/stunting? it can get in the way quite a bit. Also, crop tops allow us to stay cool. esp with all of the nerves and the lights and competing as a whole, it gets awfully warm on stage. I would die if i was wearing capris/full top, for example.
Am I the only one that thinks saying that stunting/tumbling in t-shirt is unsafe is a little silly? I've basically only ever tumbled/stunted while wearing a t-shirt and I've never seen it get in the way. Last week I tumbled/stunted while wearing like a million of layers and everything went fine.

Back on to the topic of people saying crop tops got differently on different people...We (mainly my sister, my roommate and I) are pushing to get new basketball uniforms since ours are old and not that cute (sorry coach). And we want crop tops similar to U of L or UNC but our coach says no because some people have longer torsos and some have shorter so they wouldn't look the same on everyone :/ I disagree, I think if you have a uniform rep come and size everyone they will look just fine, but she's not having it. Sigh.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I agree with this. honestly, I don't crop tops intentions are to be pretty in them. Have you ever wore a t shirt will tumbling/stunting? it can get in the way quite a bit. Also, crop tops allow us to stay cool. esp with all of the nerves and the lights and competing as a whole, it gets awfully warm on stage. I would die if i was wearing capris/full top, for example.
And yet somehow the boys manage to cheer in long pants and full tops...

Vancouver Allstars Senior female uniform, junior/youth/mini/tiny uniform and all levels male uniform
2qw09py.png

I really love these. Who designed it?

ETA: I know it's a Varsity uniform. I want to know who came up with the design if it's not a standard catalog order.

And so do most high school teams and a lot of college teams are switching to full tops as well. A proper fitting full top is not going to interfere.

....that may be the only VAS uni I don't like, the full top seems to have way to much going on in the middle and on the sleeves. Hopefully when they get the prototype I'm proved wrong because VAS always seems to have awesome unis.

I have also come to the conclusion the boys uni is way nicer then the girls and that one can stay.

2qw09py.png
Not a giant fan of the neckline on this one. And I don't like the thick black lines on the girls full top. It looks like they were just thrown on because the uniform needed a little extra something to fill that space. I love the guys! I think I like it some much because it doesn't have all the thick black around the top/bottom.

And so do most high school teams and a lot of college teams are switching to full tops as well. A proper fitting full top is not going to interfere.

I think it comes down to what you are used to competing in when people post they feel so strongly about either style. Our first gym wore crop tops. Second gym wore full tops. Current gym wears crops. Cp has competed in both styles and it did not interfere in any way, either style. As @Ashley said, it is all about a proper fitting top, regardless of it being crop or full.

Back