All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not all of the US Olympic athletes are professionals though

I realize. Most of them decide to go pro after the fact; Kyla Ross, for example, was the only US Gymnasts not to go Pro so she could get a scholarship for college. I should have worded that differently.

There are 2 NZ boys on cali teams but for them (from what I understand) it is about the opportunity to cheer at cali and compete in divisions at worlds they otherwise wouldn't be able to on world championship contending teams (only have IOC5 and IAG5 plus ICU teams here at the moment). That is not to put down their previous teams, they have won ICU for NZ and were 4th in IOC5, it is just a different/new challenge for them both.

I wouldn't be surprised if some sent tryout videos for that reason.

If you have decent enough skills, are a boy, and want to up your chances of fame/fortune, which gym do you choose? It wouldn't be the first time a cheerleader decided to barter their looks/talent for money. And some do it in far more...unsettling ways.

I wouldn't be surprised if some sent tryout videos for that reason.

If you have decent enough skills, are a boy, and want to up your chances of fame/fortune, which gym do you choose? It wouldn't be the first time a cheerleader decided to barter their looks/talent for money. And some do it in far more...unsettling ways.
THIS!!!!

If it's so obvious, then who is it?

I am interested in the answer to this question, too.
I can imagine some athletes sending in videos for the chance of getting "famous".
But maybe someone can clarify:
Which famous cheerlebrity with uncountable instagram followers and own popular youtube channel is 5 years after quitting cheer still famous or having any advantage in real life (and yes, it will hit everyone - responsibilities, bills, growing up)?
Selling bows that smell like a worlds champion can only bring you that far.
The "fans", the kids who will cheer in youth and senior teams, won´t be to much into shirts, bags and signed bows from
talented and famous cheerleaders #2014.
They will have their own role models that are still on the mat.
Could be wrong, just my opinion.

So even if there are athletes trying out for "big dog" teams just to have a chance to get famous in our limited cheer universe -
i don´t think it´s a smart decision.

Any coach that is not willing to develop an athlete to their potential based on the athlete possibly leaving is IMHO not a very good coach. That is like looking at a young athlete and saying you'll never be on our top team so I'm going to ignore you.

I think she meant at the gym that is RECEIVING the fly in athletes - as in, no reason to develop athletes when you can just fly in whoever you want. Why would you need to cultivate that talent in your minis, youth and juniors when you can solely focus on the level 5's - and when they age out and you need new ones, someone else has been developing them for you?

Most gyms don't have this luxury - they have to look at every tiny and mini that walks in the door as a possible future worlds athlete.

Not saying that Cali does not look at minis and tinys this way. Just that it's not maybe as important in a gym that has the whole country trying to move to be on their team.

I doubt anyone on smoed is on there just to be on "cheerleaders"

That's entirely too much conditioning and work for a YouTube series.

Haha - I know, it's not like dance moms where you can just show up w/ a crazy mother who's willing to make herself look like a desperate nut job on national TV to get you your fifteen minutes of fame for dancing in one dance! To get on Smoed you actually have to do some real work!

Back