OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do you use the oil on wet hair? or dry? I am clueless lol

i use it on dry hair right before i use the straightener, but it could also be used on damp hair before you blow-dry. i pump the oil into my hands and gather my hair as if i were making a ponytail and run my hands down about mid-hairshaft to the ends (concentrating on the ends.) when the majority of oil is gone from my hands, i'll quickly rub them on the top of my head. there's nothing wrong with putting it near your roots, i just don't want it to get too oily! give it a minute or two to dry and style as usual.

For some reason this Christmas I decided that I didn't want anything. My life is wonderful how it is, I don't think there's anything in the world that could make me more happy. However, my 18th birthday is Christmas Eve, and my mother begged me to ask for something, so I asked for a Fit Bit Flex. Has anyone gotten one of these? If so, do you like it?

I had one for 2 months (until it fell off and I lost it while racing quads) and I loved it! I have a desk job so it really motivated me to park further away or take my dog for a walk to catch up on my steps. Also, the sleep monitor is fun to see how many times you are "restless" while sleeping and to track how much sleep you're actually getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those the fitness bracelet things that monitor...basically everything? My dad and step mom got them as a gift/sponsor thing from work and they love them. Lots of cool stuff on them and they work really well. If this isn't that, then just disregard it lol.
Yes you're right!

Just got my mom Naked 2 for Christmas:) She's been wanting it for so long but always hesitates to spend some money on herself. I'm trying to convince her to let me give it to her early lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I need kid help from the girls on here! My 13 year old came to be and said she wanted "hipster" clothes. The pictures she showed me was a lot of flannel, slouchy beanies, cut off jean shorts with leggings or tights...very 90's grunge rock. I found some stuff on Urban Outfitters (which was my store as a teen) but what other stores sell that style?

Okay I need kid help from the girls on here! My 13 year old came to be and said she wanted "hipster" clothes. The pictures she showed me was a lot of flannel, slouchy beanies, cut off jean shorts with leggings or tights...very 90's grunge rock. I found some stuff on Urban Outfitters (which was my store as a teen) but what other stores sell that style?

Forever 21

H&M and Topshop are good too!

I just bought some Neff beanies for my daughter. I saw some slouchy ones while I was looking at them. I looked online at Nordstrom, Zumiez, and the Neff website.

I'm mourning the fact that six months ago she wanted clothes from Justice[emoji30] Now I have to go to the actual mall to shop for her!

i don't know if you've already tried it... but my grad school budget forced me to recently switch to herbal essences "Hello Hydration" and i saw improvement after one shower. people have really commented on how shiny and soft my hair is. and it smells delicious.

worth a shot.
Cp loves this shampoo/conditioner! I have very thick curly dry hair and while I typically use a curly hair conditioner, I will use it from time to time as well and it's great.

i don't know if you've already tried it... but my grad school budget forced me to recently switch to herbal essences "Hello Hydration" and i saw improvement after one shower. people have really commented on how shiny and soft my hair is. and it smells delicious.

worth a shot.

I use this kind, too. You're right, it smells so good! Their newest concoction, the "naked" line, is also good. And smells so good!! I use them mostly in the summer because when I use them in the winter my hair gets a little greasy from it for some reason. (My hair is weirdly sensitive to the seasons lol.)

@flcheermom - I also like John Frieda. It feels like salon-y shampoo but I don't think it's as much. Its a bit pricier than Herbal Essence but I think it's better ($5-$8 each depending on where you go). I also love it because they have a shampoo strictly for blonde hair that claims to lighten it. Even if it doesn't lighten it all that much I still love the way it makes my hair after using it. But all their lines are nice!

I use Carol's Daughter shampoo and conditioner. They're only $12 a bottle. I would recommend black hair care products (mainly shampoo and conditioners) for anyone with curly hair...or hair with texture. Shea moisture and mixed chicks are also good and are in the same $12 price range.

Also. Like I said Trader Joes shampoo is good for all hair types and it's like $5 a bottle

Last edited:
Back