All-Star Crazy Cheer Parent Stories--spill 'em!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm telling you, you can go to any Black beauty supply store and make your own for less than $250. Really.
That's what I did, but it was pretty hard to find the right color/texture combo for CP - even at the huge, grocery-sized store I went to. Most of the wefts that matched her were $200, but we finally found one on clearance for $89. Total my supplies were about $100 and then I paid my hair stylist to cut it to the length we wanted and that helped the ends look fuller and healthier, too.

I'm telling you, you can go to any Black beauty supply store and make your own for less than $250. Really.
Well, I am sure SOME people could. I, however, have a difficult time even glueing stones back on cp's uni. There is no way on God's great green earth I could have managed making this finely crafted work of hair art. No ma'am. I don't diagnose myself when ill, I don't change my oil in my car, I don't fix my furnace. If I tried to make a cheer wig, my cp would probably look like Donald Trump...
;)

That's what I did, but it was pretty hard to find the right color/texture combo for CP - even at the huge, grocery-sized store I went to. Most of the wefts that matched her were $200, but we finally found one on clearance for $89. Total my supplies were about $100 and then I paid my hair stylist to cut it to the length we wanted and that helped the ends look fuller and healthier, too.
I found that too. I bought supplies for around that price as well. The biggest expense was the weft because I wanted human hair and not synthetic because of the teasing.

Can someone post a picture of what you're talking about? Last year we got CP some beautiful extensions that she could clip in. She has tons of hair but hated doing the permanent damage (teasing curling back combing etc.) to the real stuff so opted to do that "bad" stuff to the real stuff extensions and put them in.

Let's hope that people don't start snatching ponytails in they way that some of them snatch bows. :S

Though I can only see that ever happening during a catfight... which wouldn't happen at a competition.

Can someone post a picture of what you're talking about? Last year we got CP some beautiful extensions that she could clip in. She has tons of hair but hated doing the permanent damage (teasing curling back combing etc.) to the real stuff so opted to do that "bad" stuff to the real stuff extensions and put them in.

Here's a few photos of my cp (and her friends) wearing it. It's a sewn and pre-teased ponytail that gets attached to a bun.

[photos removed as the person who asked the question has seen them]

Last edited:
Let's hope that people don't start snatching ponytails in they way that some of them snatch bows. :S

Though I can only see that ever happening during a catfight... which wouldn't happen at a competition.

Lol! That would be hilarious.

The way that is attached though, it couldn't be snatched off. Would be funny to watch regardless.

Here's a few photos of my cp (and her friends) wearing it. It's a sewn and pre-teased ponytail that gets attached to a bun.

10oi34n.jpg

2hmjz90.jpg

I don't mean this for the girls in the picture at all because they are beautiful so please don't take it the wrong way. But how do people think this hair style looks good? A little tease is fine but this is waaaaaaaay too much. You're hair should not be higher than your bow imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't mean this for the girls in the picture at all because they are beautiful so please don't take it the wrong way. But how do people think this hair style looks good? A little tease is fine but this is waaaaaaaay too much. You're hair should not be higher than your bow imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Some gyms do high teased pony. Some do pouf. Some do curls. Some do half up, half down. Some do braid and pony. Lots of girls do the high teased pony and pride themselves on how high they can tease it. Cheer hair is no different than hair through the decades. Remember the 80s? High big hair. 50s? Bouffant precursor to high teased and poufs of today. Its a fad and one day may pass out of style. Or may get even higher. It's all good.

Back