All-Star Crazy Cheer Parent Stories--spill 'em!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, everyone was pretty upset over it. I believe they had that rule for two years until they changed it back to 2.5 because the amount of people that had to sit out throughout the year for having a 3.4 or 3.2 was ridiculous.
Not just that... but it bothers me that a kid can have Cs and Ds in all of his classes and still play football.

Oh yeah all the moms were outraged that we had football players being able to play with barely a 2.0 and on the same field we had cheerleaders with a 3.2 GPA who were forced to sit out. Quite ridiculous.
Definitely! Who even instituted that rule in the first place?

Does it stay on well through tumble and stunting. CP wants to grow her hair out next year. I need to investigate this more

It absolutely does. It's hard to describe but it sort of gets 'sewn' in. As long as you can get your kids hair in a secure bun, it won't go anywhere. It takes 10 minutes combined to put it in and take it out. Best part is at the end of the day, their hair is in a bun and they just go to sleep. It's changed everything about competition stress for us!

It absolutely does. It's hard to describe but it sort of gets 'sewn' in. As long as you can get your kids hair in a secure bun, it won't go anywhere. It takes 10 minutes combined to put it in and take it out. Best part is at the end of the day, their hair is in a bun and they just go to sleep. It's changed everything about competition stress for us!
I have to definitely look into this for next season. I'm intrigued.

Definitely! Who even instituted that rule in the first place?
I'm pretty sure it was the teacher advisor, who didn't have any knowledge on cheer or anything related to sports whatsoever:rolleyes:. The reason they got away with changing it was because cheer was considered a club not a sport so they didn't have to follow the normal rules a sport did.(That's pretty much verbatim what they told everyone.) Even though in every other aspect, like earning PE credit, cheer was considered a sport. It was all very annoying.

Oh yeah all the moms were outraged that we had football players being able to play with barely a 2.0 and on the same field we had cheerleaders with a 3.2 GPA who were forced to sit out. Quite ridiculous.

My districted allowed 2.0s and above to do sports or any activity, which is low but needed. A 3.0 is a B average and there are a lot of students who aren't even athletes who would struggle to maintain IF they aren't academics. Let's be real: Susie can have a whip double and just not understand physics. Except for my first semester of senior year when I was injured, I never struggled with having the grades. I vividly remember freaking out about having a 3.7 instead of a 4.0 and my teammates hating me. But my school didn't make you sit for grades, but made you go to mandatory study hall.

In all sport we had parents who would care more about their child's sports progress than school, and combined with an unreal understanding of what their skills were, and were shocked when Susie or Sam went to a small D3 to play sports. It especially sucked for kids with talent but not the grades to go to bigger schools.

Last edited:
Does it stay on well through tumble and stunting. CP wants to grow her hair out next year. I need to investigate this more
We literally just got ours a couple of days ago, and she wore it to practice twice so far. That thing is in there TIGHT. Truly a feat of engineering. Wonder what the TSA will make of it when we go through security tomorrow? "Ma'am, what is in this box? A guinea pig?" :)

We literally just got ours a couple of days ago, and she wore it to practice twice so far. That thing is in there TIGHT. Truly a feat of engineering. Wonder what the TSA will make of it when we go through security tomorrow? "Ma'am, what is in this box? A guinea pig?" :)
I tell others it looks like a dead animal lol but it really is awesome looking on.

Back