All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I honestly applaud you all for driving these distances! I honestly couldn't think of anything worse than being in a car/bus for longer than 4 hours... You all deserve medals or something wow

I don't have a problem with Worlds being "Stay to Play"... Its an "end all, be all" competition and I feel its acceptable (I wouldn't mind it leaving Disney property though). Its all things comps throughout the season. As prestigious as NCA, Cheersport, WSF, Jamfest Indy, etc are... It does make it financially tough. Maybe I will change my tune after NCA This year... Our gym is attending NCA Dallas for the first time ever ;-)
NCA is the worst comp for STP. There are not enough hotels close by so there are many gyms who are forced to stay 10+ miles from the event. And with Dallas traffic that is extremely inconvenient.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Before California All stars opened up the Northern California gym there were many kids in Northern California who would drive 8 hours every weekend to practice in Southern California.

I honestly applaud you all for driving these distances! I honestly couldn't think of anything worse than being in a car/bus for longer than 4 hours... You all deserve medals or something wow

It can be very relaxing and enjoyable if done properly.

NCA is the worst comp for STP. There are not enough hotels close by so there are many gyms who are forced to stay 10+ miles from the event. And with Dallas traffic that is extremely inconvenient.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
Which translates into needing a car or outrageous can fares which is an added expense on top of the already inflated STP costs.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

I used to drive an hour and a half to practice when I lived in Maryland and it would be longer if it was winter and it had snowed. I live in Ottawa, ON and for competitions I've bussed to Indiana, Atlanta, and myrtle beach and they're 16+ hour drives. But different though seeing as to get flights from canada it's extremely expensive and it's easier for us to be able to take a bus to take us places from hotel to comp etc than driving down separately/flying and taking taxis. Only comp we flew to was worlds and we drove to Syracuse NY so it would be cheaper. NCA is on comp schedule for 1 or 2 teams this year though and I'd imagine that may be a flight company but not sure.

Thankfully my DH does all the driving so it doesn't bother me too much. But the furthest we've ever had to drive has been 3.5 hours. This season all of CP's comps are within 2-3 hours from home.

We drove the 13 hours to Myrtle Beach. 3 moms 3 kids, $500 minimum to fly plus car rental or under $100 for gas per mom/cp. Worth it to save $. It was a fun ride with 3 teens!

I was just about to post that you guys need trains... apparently you guys need some highspeed trains though!
All those distances/times you guys wrote about - over here in Germany I'd take the (highspeed) train. It's faster than by car, but much more comfortable, and definitely a lot cheaper than flying.

Never happen here. People here do not believe in paying for anything - they're too busy complaining about taxes and traffic. Sigh... Well, you have to give in on ONE of those two things. We either have to pay for a better rail system, or deal with traffic. Americans love nothing more than they love their cars, so I guess we get to deal with traffic. Very few people here believe in trains as a viable way to get around.

I don't get it - I would NEVER drive if I could avoid it. I would absolutely LOVE if we had a high speed rail system in the US. All the trains we have here are old old old. They can't afford to upgrade them, so they just exist in their sorry state.

Pretty sure this competition alone just priced my child right out of cheer.

I would just like to let you all know about living in a metropolis.

Yesterday I had to work Farmborough out on Randall's Island in NYC. I walked there from my apartment. For an hour. One way.

And yet I found it a purely relaxing and enjoyable adventure. :D

Yesterday I had to work Farmborough out on Randall's Island in NYC. I walked there from my apartment. For an hour. One way.

Lol yes, I think I would walk longer than I would drive. I walk EVERYWHERE. If I can't get there by foot and train, there's a good chance I won't go. I don't know why I'm not thinner...

:defeated:

I've always wanted to walk over the Triboro or whatever they call it now. That must have been fun! You could have taken the bus too though right?

I was just about to post that you guys need trains... apparently you guys need some highspeed trains though!
All those distances/times you guys wrote about - over here in Germany I'd take the (highspeed) train. It's faster than by car, but much more comfortable, and definitely a lot cheaper than flying.

I took a train to save myself from a 6-7 hour car drive (airplane options were not safe for us do to food allergies and which airlines went where we were going from where we lived). The train took longer (lots of stops and rail work) than driving. My friends who drove e were texting me that they were caught in horrible traffic on the way home and how lucky I was - they still beat us home. That said I wasn't driving and to me it was worth while because I could walk around. I have to say looked at the high speed train to NYC and it was cheaper to fly. Europe is SO MUCH better with trains than US is - huge difference.

I've always wanted to walk over the Triboro or whatever they call it now. That must have been fun! You could have taken the bus too though right?
It's now the 'RFK' aka 'Nice try, Triboro.'

The views itself were cool and it was actually a lovely temp with a nice breeze. The issue was that I'd have to take a bus FROM the Island (if they were even still running, it was pretty late) into Manhattan, then switched to the M60 back into Queens. After it was all said and done it might have taken even longer than if I'd have just walked, and I might not have even gotten a seat. It would have been WAY more roundabout too- the bridge connects Queens to Manhattan via Randal's Island. It just seemed silly.

Never happen here. People here do not believe in paying for anything - they're too busy complaining about taxes and traffic. Sigh... Well, you have to give in on ONE of those two things. We either have to pay for a better rail system, or deal with traffic. Americans love nothing more than they love their cars, so I guess we get to deal with traffic. Very few people here believe in trains as a viable way to get around.

Our first day in Germany, we turned on the news and were surprised to find the hotel got an English speaking new channel. One of the first new stories I ever heard from Germany was over Americans b*tching about the autobahn and gas emissions from the fast speeds. Which, whether Americans like to believe it or not, the Autobahn does largely have speed limits. Anyhow, one of the responses from the Germans was, "When Americans give up their gas-guzzling SUVs, maybe we'll think about talking about our speeds."

I don't know why, but I busted out laughing and it's stuck with me ever since. Americans won't give up cars if Jesus came down tomorrow and said car or death. Legit, we are way too automobile obsessed.

Our first day in Germany, we turned on the news and were surprised to find the hotel got an English speaking new channel. One of the first new stories I ever heard from Germany was over Americans b*tching about the autobahn and gas emissions from the fast speeds. Which, whether Americans like to believe it or not, the Autobahn does largely have speed limits. Anyhow, one of the responses from the Germans was, "When Americans give up their gas-guzzling SUVs, maybe we'll think about talking about our speeds."

I don't know why, but I busted out laughing and it's stuck with me ever since. Americans won't give up cars if Jesus came down tomorrow and said car or death. Legit, we are way too automobile obsessed.

Ha! Lol at "if Jesus came..."

Whenever people complain about the price of gas I always give the same response: "You do know the price is not the problem, right? Because truthfully, gas is actually one of the cheapest things you buy by the gallon. A gallon of milk costs more. Juice costs more. Imagine if you had to buy a gallon of shampoo. It's your *consumption* that's the problem. The reason you're mad is because you use 20 gallons a week of gas, but only about 2 gallons of milk. I use zero gallons a week of gas so I am fine with the price. I use more juice than I use gas, so I'm actually more concerned with that price. Stop consuming so much gas and you'll be fine."

Americans... Not gonna stop consuming gas, so all I get is blank stares of confusion and "Use less gas? What? Impossible." [emoji19]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back