All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I don't have the "receipts" but the pictures of the gates taped with gaffers tape has made it's way to Disney. Gaffers tape is like duck tape, there is no way if something happened that anyone would have been able to get those gates opened. It would have been BAD on an epic scale. I'm guessing the security was not Disney CM's and if they were they probably don't have jobs now.
If Disney decided to they could cancel USASF's contract for doing that. I don't think they will with the whole "varsity stadium" going in but really dumb move on the part of the security last night.
I am also really bothered by the whole "let the coaches decide if we follow our own policy". The reason policies are created is to avoid situations like that. It shouldn't have been a question. If they can have people watching for hugging as athletes leave the stage they sure as hell should be watching for puddles and wet vinyl. It was also ridiculous to have them competing at midnight.
If this even wasn't "worlds" but i don't know...Billy Bob's Big Time Nationals and these things happened would gyms still be going? I'm going to guess a huge NO but for some reason Worlds, no matter how horribly run, or overpriced it is, gyms base their whole program around getting a team there. I can't even.

I do not. The event wasn't conducive to legal discussions.

Thanks was just curious; Glenda is who actually founded DP's dance program before she moved on and she helps handle the best buddy training for her team now. I'm secretly hoping dance will also be scored.

So I don't have the "receipts" but the pictures of the gates taped with gaffers tape has made it's way to Disney. Gaffers tape is like duck tape, there is no way if something happened that anyone would have been able to get those gates opened. It would have been BAD on an epic scale. I'm guessing the security was not Disney CM's and if they were they probably don't have jobs now.
If Disney decided to they could cancel USASF's contract for doing that. I don't think they will with the whole "varsity stadium" going in but really dumb move on the part of the security last night.
I am also really bothered by the whole "let the coaches decide if we follow our own policy". The reason policies are created is to avoid situations like that. It shouldn't have been a question. If they can have people watching for hugging as athletes leave the stage they sure as hell should be watching for puddles and wet vinyl. It was also ridiculous to have them competing at midnight.
If this even wasn't "worlds" but i don't know...Billy Bob's Big Time Nationals and these things happened would gyms still be going? I'm going to guess a huge NO but for some reason Worlds, no matter how horribly run, or overpriced it is, gyms base their whole program around getting a team there. I can't even.

I'm confused---what gates? Do you have a picture?

The whole taping the gates thing infuriates me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoa....this is is pathetic and so dangerous. What is the story behind this?

Prisoner's dilemma tbh.

Team X says they're not going to go, Team Y says "Sure, we'll go." Team X just forfeited.

You cannot make decisions based on what you think your opponent is going to do.
I feel for many teams this is true, they wouldn't care and the show would go on. When it's a team like SE WCSS and Orange refusing to go and holding up the division, with 9000 people watching, I think it would have spoke volumes. Another gym refusing, oh well. A gym like that would have made big waves and I don't think they would have forfeited, but came to a solution. I also think if it had been WCSS or SE then the teams to come would have followed. I Don't see Oranges coaches sending them out there over the team in front when it's a situation like that.

The taping happened after everyone was inside and they decided the best way to keep people out was dealing the gates. The picture was on Twitter this morning, it was an up close of the tape around the gates.

Back