All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does Texas have anywhere close to this much drama? Or is it seen more in rec and high school?

Yes. Google Texas cheerleader murder plot.

That case is infamous. It even has a Lifetime movie.

Short version. Crazy mom attempts to pay hitman to kill the mom of daughter's rival so she won't tryout for cheerleading. Both daughters were friends for a long time and cheered together from rec/youth football cheer up through middle school. I believe the rivalry started when Crazy Mom's daughter was disqualified from cheer tryouts (was a school that required a student body vote) for handing out gifts to students. Her friend made it. Heading into high school, Crazy Mom decided take matters into her own hands.

(I based this off of the movie and I had a minute between meetings to type this so it may be totally off.)

I am not in Texas but will admit that my high school team tryouts have involved more drama and parental issues than any all star tryout I've ever been involved in.

Forgot about the Texas movie. Sorry IL, you've been outdone. Hit men outrank a tell all book. You can take the worlds title for allstar cheer drama, but Texas gets overall grand champ.

Have you ever seen the movie The Texas Cheerleading Story? It's to die for!
The one about Wanda Holloway? Yes, I've watched it multiple times and I love it! It's just that Illinois seems to get talked about more when it comes to cheer drama. Aside from Hairgate, I haven't heard of a lot of crazy stuff coming out of Texas lately.

ETA: I also watched the Donahue interview with Wanda and Shanna (who carried herself very well, IMO. Must have been hard being so young and dealing with that.) Though the snarky person in me couldn't help but start singing 'Thriller' when I saw her outfit LMAO!!!

The one about Wanda Holloway? Yes, I've watched it multiple times and I love it! It's just that Illinois seems to get talked about more when it comes to cheer drama. Aside from Hairgate, I haven't heard of a lot of crazy stuff coming out of Texas lately.

ETA: I also watched the Donahue interview with Wanda and Shanna (who carried herself very well, IMO. Must have been hard being so young and dealing with that.) Though the snarky person in me couldn't help but start singing 'Thriller' when I saw her outfit LMAO!!!
Wasn't Texas the one where the 5 girls in HS were just awful to everyone and the mom was a teacher so they got away with a ton of nonsense until something happened?

Honestly Texas does pretty well considering how huge of a state it is and how big cheer is there, the fact that they only have like 1 big incident is impressive. And no book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to say didn't something happen in Texas this summer. But that was hairgate.... But giving Texas credit it is the size of a small country....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back