All-Star Favorite Moments During Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it should be mentioned the 'gated' club styled entrance with Floor Security Guard to enter the Fierceboard section. They were really relaxed with our section, we got away with alottttt on both days.

It felt like they knew we were the biggest fans of cheer, so they kind of treated us like the VIP section! That staff was very decent to us!

-Being there in general. First worlds experience and I don't think I can ever NOT go to worlds from here on out.
-I also really enjoyed the whiteboard guy.
-Holden's double double double.
-Everyone's reaction to the Jamaica team using SE's and WCSS's music.
-The large wobble session during the hour delay.
-Sitting next to Jessicalynn
-Meeting meanj
-Cheetah's winning:cheerathletics:
-Orange winning:rays:
-And ICE making me proud to come from Illinois<333
EDIT: Also when the doors opened to milkhouse on day 3 and everyone was shoving through the doors and security was screaming at everyone to 'Stop and look at themselves'.

I was at the front-ish part of the line and was dying when security said thst!! And ICE made me proud to be from IL too!!

My team making finals and ending up in 8th place!!
reuniting with one of my former cheerleaders whose on Cali Smoed and being there when she won worlds!! (i will get a pic on here as soon as i catch up).
witnessing good sportsmanship all weekend!!!

Well, not really a favorite, but such a moment filled with so much emotion and love. My cp's team didn't make it through to day two. After years of cheering, I know when a routine doesn't go the way it was planned, my cp likes to go off alone for a bit. No talking to her, just have to wait it out while she works it out in her mind, then she'll text and say "Where are you?" This time, I was outside of the Milkhouse and saw her walk out after, by herself of course. Mascara everywhere and a false eyelash dangling off her left eye! When she saw me, I just stood, waiting to see if she was ready to talk about it. I was still okay at this point, composed, no tears, just thinking what positive thing I could possibly say at this heartbreaking moment. She came running with her arms out (in my mind, I saw her as my 5 year old little girl running toward me). We both hugged for what seemed like hours. AND then, I lost it...I bursted out crying like a baby. Only words that came out were "I'm sorry baby, I love you and I'll never let you go". She eventually moved on to meet her team, I had to go to a corner alone and cry until I was done getting it out. Being sixteen now, she hasn't hugged me that tight and for so long in forever! My heart literally almost burst with emotion. A little blessing of mother/daughter love on a sad day for her and the team.

Sorry for rambling.

Congratulations to every team out there who competed! It was quite an honor to see so many talented athletes and teams all in one weekend.

Well, not really a favorite, but such a moment filled with so much emotion and love. My cp's team didn't make it through to day two. After years of cheering, I know when a routine doesn't go the way it was planned, my cp likes to go off alone for a bit. No talking to her, just have to wait it out while she works it out in her mind, then she'll text and say "Where are you?" This time, I was outside of the Milkhouse and saw her walk out after, by herself of course. Mascara everywhere and a false eyelash dangling off her left eye! When she saw me, I just stood, waiting to see if she was ready to talk about it. I was still okay at this point, composed, no tears, just thinking what positive thing I could possibly say at this heartbreaking moment. She came running with her arms out (in my mind, I saw her as my 5 year old little girl running toward me). We both hugged for what seemed like hours. AND then, I lost it...I bursted out crying like a baby. Only words that came out were "I'm sorry baby, I love you and I'll never let you go". She eventually moved on to meet her team, I had to go to a corner alone and cry until I was done getting it out. Being sixteen now, she hasn't hugged me that tight and for so long in forever! My heart literally almost burst with emotion. A little blessing of mother/daughter love on a sad day for her and the team.

Sorry for rambling.

Congratulations to every team out there who competed! It was quite an honor to see so many talented athletes and teams all in one weekend.

I'm sad her weekend didn't go just as I'm sure she'd dreamed but love that you shared this precious moment with us. As a Mom, it made me teary eyed because we all know that, as they get older, we lose those long-hug moments like this where we're reminded just how much we're needed. I'm sure you were exactly who she needed in that moment and so glad you were in the right place to be there for her. I'm sure you both were, too.

awe...I am kind of in awe of how many people saw me being crazy cheer mom...I am going to have to "out" myself in the crazy cheermom video thread....a sweet amazing girl behind me whom I bonded with during the 11 hours I waited to see smoed....or be locked out...:?...anyway she had the good sense to ask me as smoed was coming on the floor.."do you want me to hold your phone so you don't throw it"? Then this angel asked if I wanted her to film them...I guess I said yes.... she then got one of my most prized possessions of this 2012 worlds....I had no clue...but on my camera later I found this amazing video (I will upload when I get home Wed) of smoed... and i am watching...I am a complete fool....but it is so awesome cuz it was so pure and real.....my fave...:) still in shock..:)

That girl lives at my house!! Since she is related to crazy cheermom ME she knows that when routines hit phones go flying!!! Major's weekend this sweet heart of a girl from Cheer Athletics held my phone during Coed Elite. God Bless Her! So we know how that works. I have also been known to jump out of my shoes......yes, it has happened. It's the life of a cheer mom I guess!!! LOL Glad you had a chance to bond with my sweet Hayley! Glad she had the chance to see her little sister compete at her first Worlds. Wish my oldest could have been there!

Congratulations to your amazing baby on her win this weekend!!! I could not be more excited for you!!!! Enjoy it!

I could list a million things I loved about worlds this year, but I have to say my favorite was a humorous event that took place on day 3. I took my 2 friends cp's to finals cuz they didn't want to be up that early to get seats. There was a girl (late teens) and her mom sitting next to us. This girl was going on and on about how excited she was to se WCSS compete. I was doing the same about CEA and F5, and she said "oh yeah, I don't really think the teams you are talking about are any good, I mean they are in last place and 2nd to last place. And I've never even heard of them.". I didn't say a word at all, but was trying to hold in my laughter. Then the 11 year old I had w me began to explain to the girl that F5, CEA and WCSS were all such amazing teams and she explained about the placements and reverse order and such and this girl was like a deer in headlights. Ok, I'll give her that, I'm sure at one point in my cheer career, I only knew about 1 team and shut everyone else out. The kicker was, after WC competed she turned to her mom and shrieked "I sang their entire music! I am pretty sure I'm the only person in the whole arena who even knew the whole song! It's cuz I watched it on YouTube so much!"

I don't know if this was one of those "you had to be there " moments, but i don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life!

Highlights of the weekend for us.

*Meeting Donovan!
*Watching the crowd watch SE and Coed Elite practice on Friday!
*Hayley getting to sneak in the side door to just make it in time for SE on Sunday. (I almost made it.....)
*My hubby and I standing outside the doors on the right hand side of the bldg in between the milkhouse and the ball fields. Security sticking his head out the door and telling us we can't stand there. Me telling him that I paid my $25 and he couldn't stop me from smoking and listening to my team's music as they performed. Me cheering for SE just like I was front and center for them. I'm sure security was calling the folks with the white jackets by then. LMAO
Someone I didn't know pushing the door open just enough for me and hubby to get in and run like hell from the security guard. I'm pretty sure my dress flew up in the back. Sorry for the view security guard. F5 was the only team I saw in Large Sr! (I know the doors were open at 7:30......I know. But I had a room full of cheerleaders that had to meet their team at 10 am and they had to be ready and eat breakfast before we could leave. Otherwise I would have lined up with the rest of the people with seats)
*DJ going to talk to someone and me taking his seat and lakerfanaticfan looking at me and saying........"I don't know who you are but he's not freaking out so it must be ok for you to sit there" HAHAHA DJ coming back and me climbing over the chairs and falling through. Feathers would have been SO PROUD!!!
*Being able to watch so many kids who've been on my team's in the past winning Worlds! I am so happy for each of you and believe that my baby will win 1 day too.
*Baby girl's Worlds debut and she handled it like a Champion!
*SSX in 3rd place. Yes thank you! They were amazing!
*I think I had 24 hours of sleep from Wed to Monday morning. I might never catch up!

Also want to add for me personally I really enjoyed spending from Wed night at midnight through last night at 11 pm when we went to bed with my husband. He is such a great dad and husband and we work 2 different shifts. Him early morning (think 4:30am) and me nights (I get home after he's asleep) and I've been missing him alot lately. So honey, it was nice to spend 5 straight days with you watching our baby live her dream!!

Back