All-Star How Come There Is No Jr. World But Dance?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But all that happened in many cases those Juniors that would of been on Junior 5 going to Worlds were just bumped up to Senior teams that could go to Worlds. Oh those were fun times....

I'm a cheer mom so you are probably better off asking your cousin, the dance coach, but my understanding from friends in the dance world is Dance Worlds? Hunh? It's more like another "Nationals" rather than "the best of the best at the top level" the way Worlds (cheer) is.
thats absolutely not true at all. its just as prestigious as the cheer worlds.

thats absolutely not true at all. its just as prestigious as the cheer worlds.
I have to disagree with you there. Jrs only go to worlds if they passed the video submission prior.

Other then that, it's same rules and regulations to Cheer divisions. I really don't think you should say dance is any less then cheer. I say that because this is why there is so much hate (in my opinion) because people like to say one thing is easier then the other.

Just because the dance worlds is a lot smaller then cheer worlds, doesn't mean it's any easier and should be looked down upon as just another nationals or any other competitions that aren't prestigious. :)

I have to disagree with you there. Jrs only go to worlds if they passed the video submission prior.

Other then that, it's same rules and regulations to Cheer divisions. I really don't think you should say dance is any less then cheer. I say that because this is why there is so much hate (in my opinion) because people like to say one thing is easier then the other.

Just because the dance worlds is a lot smaller then cheer worlds, doesn't mean it's any easier and should be looked down upon as just another nationals or any other competitions that aren't prestigious. :)

I'm sorry I meant to quote the other user.

oh okay! sorry about that :)

No one said, "dance is any less then cheer." The dance world itself does not consider Worlds to be the ultimate competition in their industry. I am willing to bet that even your dance instructor cousin would even agree with that.

Stop being a drama llama.

No one said, "dance is any less then cheer." The dance world itself does not consider it to be the ultimate competition in their industry. I am willing to bet that even your dance instructor cousin would even agree with that.

what connections do you have to the dance community? just curious :)

No one said, "dance is any less then cheer." The dance world itself does not consider it to be the ultimate competition in their industry. I am willing to bet that even your dance instructor cousin would even agree with that.

Saying that dance worlds is just like another nationals, is pretty much down talking dance. Just as the other user said, it just as prestigious. No my cousin would not agree with your statement. I'm not starting drama at all, just don't think dance worlds should be considered just as another nationals just because it isn't as big as cheer worlds.

what connections do you have to the dance community? just curious :)

I do not have a dancer,nor am I one, if that is what you are asking. I have worked with several professional companies throughout the years. (My original degree is in stage management. )I know that your gym has success at Worlds and that is terrific. My point is since there are several styles of dance and there are several honors (from different competitions) that a dance squad can earn.

As for Fierce Elite's "question" - I feel that a dance site would make much more sense to have this discussion on. Having it here and replying as she does, is only inciting drama.

Saying that dance worlds is just like another nationals, is pretty much down talking dance. Just as the other user said, it just as prestigious. No my cousin would not agree with your statement. I'm not starting drama at all, just don't think dance worlds should be considered just as another nationals just because it isn't as big as cheer worlds.
Did you even READ my post? Seriously!? Go back and re read.... I start off by saying that I am a cheer mom and go on to note that the reaction to dance worlds is from my friends in the dance industry. YOU may have a different impression of dance worlds than they do. That's fine. To them (and trust me they are part of a top notch team in California) Dance Worlds is not the ultimate destination the way Cheerleaders look at Worlds. That doesn't make them wrong or you right. And no, it does not at all "pretty much talk down dance"! It's an opinion not a diss, and it comes from families of dancers (not cheerleaders)!

I do not have a dancer,nor am I one, if that is what you are asking. I have worked with several professional companies throughout the years. (My original degree is in stage management. )I know that your gym has success at Worlds and that is terrific. My point is since there are several styles of dance and there are several honors (from different competitions) that a dance squad can earn.

As for Fierce Elite's "question" - I feel that a dance site would make much more sense to have this discussion on. Having it here and replying as she does, is only inciting drama.
You're the only person starting drama. The reason why I asked here, is because there isn't an active dance site for all star dance. I know for a given fact that everyone on this board are cheerleaders or ever have been.

Stage management is different from competition dance and dance all together. Just saying. I wasn't trying to be rude. But when people say dance isn't as prestigious, it gets to me just as it got to the other user you're talking to. :) if you read a previous statement, the user was clearly saying dance isn't as prestigious as Cheer by calling dance worlds just another nationals. It's very insulting to real dancers.

Did you even READ my post? Seriously!? Go back and re read.... I start off by saying that I am a cheer mom and go on to note that the reaction to dance worlds is from my friends in the dance industry. YOU may have a different impression of dance worlds than they do. That's fine. To them (and trust me they are part of a top notch team in California) Dance Worlds is not the ultimate destination the way Cheerleaders look at Worlds. That doesn't make them wrong or you right. And no, it does not at all "pretty much talk down dance"! It's an opinion not a diss, and it comes from families of dancers (not cheerleaders)!
Saying dance worlds is just like another nationals just because it isn't taken the way cheer worlds are, is a very insulting comment to anyone on here who is a dancer.

Back