All-Star Just Cami

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

3588h0p.png

Boom. Where's my fashion line?
i sure hope Just-a-Mom is your spokemodel

Maybe its just me, but i'd rather see her designing clothes that aren't so common.... i can get a neon tank top any where, i can get a braided head piece anywhere, cheap too. Its like, because its "Gucci" or "Chanel" it cost more. I have a feeling because its Cami Branson's Line, its going to be about 2-3x more expensive....
I can't imagine her price point being very high, yes she is Cami Branson but the 'real' world has no clue who she is, its not like a girl that plays soccer is going to look at the tag and say ' oh my god, its that cheerleader, lets get her stuff cause she's a good flyer' nope, they will have no idea who she is.

3588h0p.png

Boom. Where's my fashion line?

Um... If Apple can sue over Samsung making their phones rectangular, you KNOW I'm suing when you have my REAL ACTUAL FACE on your clothing line. This is an outrage!!!

:D

(by the way, when I got the notification that I was tagged in this thread I was sooooooo confused. I couldn't fathom what someone could be saying about me in a thread about Cami's fashion line!)

I personally am happy for her, as far as her clothing line goes but let's get rid of the "Superstar Cheerleader" title and the CA uniform (she is no longer a CA athlete) and just have her be Cami that is launching a new line of clothing.
This is another perfect example of what we are trying to get away from in this sport. Athletes should be that.. Athletes. They aren't superstars, celebrities... Or anything of the sort! They are cheerleaders! If something wonderful happens for them, great but let's not get away from what most are trying to do, legitimize this sport. :)

Agreed!
I'm all for athletes having something amazing happen for them but I really don't like the whole superstar thing either. Being in this industry now 11 years I liked when athletes were just athletes & did this because they loved it, not to gain popularity or "celeb" status. I think it's great for her to get a clothing line but honestly everything I've seen so far I can buy my daughter at local stores. My daughters aren't "star struck" over any athlete to say hey mom I just gotta have this item that so in so's name is on. No one outside the cheer world even knows who she is, so the only market would be to cheerleaders. I'd much would of rather seen a line of sports bras, spanks ect made with her name on it :)

What bothers me the most is that she says that it has nothing to do with her being a cheerlebrity. If that was true then would Cheer Channel have partnered with her? No, most likely not. Her being on Secret Diary definitely helped her do this whether she wants people to think that or not.... And only cheerlebs were picked for secret diary sooooo

Triple post I'm sorry :( can an admin delete the first post? I hit reply too early on accident!

What bothers me the most is that she says that it has nothing to do with her being a cheerlebrity. If that was true then would Cheer Channel have partnered with her? No, most likely not. Her being on Secret Diary definitely helped her do this whether she wants people to think that or not.... And only cheerlebs were picked for secret diary sooooo
I thought by that she meant the clothes have nothing to do with her being a cheerlebrity as in they aren't going to have her name and picture on it like stuff in The Maddie Collection not that her being a cheerlebrity has nothing to do with her having a clothing line because obviously Suzy from Tiny Town USA Extreme Elite Allstars hasn't been approached to make one. :confused:

I just looked through her tweets to see if she had anything up of the things she's selling and some people were like "another cheerebrity clothing line?!" (not even in reply to her tweets, just subtweets.) and her replys to some people were just nasty. I hope she knows a ton of young girls look up to her and thats just setting a bad example. I know if i had the opportunity to have a clothing line i wouldn't be posing tweets replying to random girls saying "omg stfu b**** you don't even know me." like okay... :oops:

I just looked through her tweets to see if she had anything up of the things she's selling and some people were like "another cheerebrity clothing line?!" (not even in reply to her tweets, just subtweets.) and her replys to some people were just nasty. I hope she knows a ton of young girls look up to her and thats just setting a bad example. I know if i had the opportunity to have a clothing line i wouldn't be posing tweets replying to random girls saying "omg stfu b**** you don't even know me." like okay... :oops:
I can imagine being upset when you feel like your cool new idea is getting rained on by everyone. Maybe she thought that since she wasn't getting bashed on a regular basis that it would be ok..

I kinda hope this becomes like Shawn Johnson or Nastia getting a new gym leo line so it won't be as big of a deal anymore.

I feel the exact same way! You would think that all of that would be covered if you are signing with an agency of sorts, I know I went over it with my kids that I coached, I think it is tasteless and embarrassing.

Unfortunatley sometimes our futures are handed to us on a silver platter because of how rich or popular we may be.
She also says it has nothing to do with Cheerleading or being a cheerlebirty.
-Then why are you signed with an athlete management company
-How did you get this opportunity? From the athlete management company or from your parents being able to afford it?
-People are tweeting bad about you, then you retweet people saying "Well you don't have a worlds or NCA ring" back at them
I'm sorry I just can't continue.
I wish Cami the best of luck with her clothing line and I hope it all goes well. That is all.

I can't imagine her price point being very high, yes she is Cami Branson but the 'real' world has no clue who she is, its not like a girl that plays soccer is going to look at the tag and say ' oh my god, its that cheerleader, lets get her stuff cause she's a good flyer' nope, they will have no idea who she is.
true. But i have a feeling the majority of people buying will be cheerleaders.

Back