All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So last weekend cps team had their worst performance ever!!! Then yesterday they won level 5 high point AND a wild card summit bid!!! So excited for them to come from so low to such a high!!! This will be our first summit experience so we are very excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. Samething happened to us. So glad it worked out.

CP had a terrible year last year. Her team and the gym in general got caught up in circumstances beyond their control and just couldn't seem to catch a break. First comp of the year was yesterday. CP's team ran zero deductions and was 2nd in a tight division. All of our teams were top 3, and one team got a paid bid to Summit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
CP had a terrible year last year. Her team and the gym in general got caught up in circumstances beyond their control and just couldn't seem to catch a break. First comp of the year was yesterday. CP's team ran zero seductions and was 2nd in a tight division. All of our teams were top 3, and one team got a paid bid to Summit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would hope they had no seductions, kind of young for that aren't they?

**I have seen Susie's Mom and the level of delusion is terrifying**

Put this in the random thread butttt:
My team had one fall today and a couple bobbles but we got 1st! We just added a super hard new part to our stunt like two practices before comp and also added difficulty to our partner stunt. We went from scoring a 78 to a 90! So so happy

So I don't post too much anymore but I've been here a minute or two and most people who've been around know that cp17's goal since he was in the 6th grade (in all honesty since he was 6 years old) is to attend the US Air Force Academy. Well, he's a senior now and has been in the process of applying since last March (yeah, it's that involved).

Anyway, likely the most difficult component of the application is securing a nomination from one of your US Congressmen. Applications, interviews with nomination boards and being one of the top ten in the state (for senators anyway). Even then, it doesn't guarantee your acceptance but without a congressional nomination your application dies.

So, after their third parade in three days (marching band, he's the drum major hence the white socks and shoes he just changed out of his uniform) I was lucky enough to be there and caught on video when he got a call from Senator Thom Tillis' (R-NC) office.

So I don't post too much anymore but I've been here a minute or two and most people who've been around know that cp17's goal since he was in the 6th grade (in all honesty since he was 6 years old) is to attend the US Air Force Academy. Well, he's a senior now and has been in the process of applying since last March (yeah, it's that involved).

Anyway, likely the most difficult component of the application is securing a nomination from one of your US Congressmen. Applications, interviews with nomination boards and being one of the top ten in the state (for senators anyway). Even then, it doesn't guarantee your acceptance but without a congressional nomination your application dies.

So, after their third parade in three days (marching band, he's the drum major hence the white socks and shoes he just changed out of his uniform) I was lucky enough to be there and caught on video when he got a call from Senator Thom Tillis' (R-NC) office.

I grew up in Colorado Springs and my parents sponsored several cadets over the years. They still have a picture of their last cadet on their fridge and they moved 5 years ago [emoji4] I cried watching this because I know what a major process it is. I'm so proud for him and I wish him all the best the rest of the way! Congratulations to all of you.

I grew up in Colorado Springs and my parents sponsored several cadets over the years. They still have a picture of their last cadet on their fridge and they moved 5 years ago [emoji4] I cried watching this because I know what a major process it is. I'm so proud for him and I wish him all the best the rest of the way! Congratulations to all of you.
My sisters college roommate is a newly retired colonel and her husband (also a college friend of theirs) is a retired major. They are waiting in the wings to be his mentor I just hope they get the chance!

He actually is interviewing with another nomination board (different congressman) Friday and Tillis' office told him not to cancel it. Plus Friday is the nomination ceremony for Tillis so it's a busy day :) just hope I have an equally awesome video somewhere between NCA and UCA. #fingerscrossed

My sisters college roommate is a newly retired colonel and her husband (also a college friend of theirs) is a retired major. They are waiting in the wings to be his mentor I just hope they get the chance!

He actually is interviewing with another nomination board (different congressman) Friday and Tillis' office told him not to cancel it. Plus Friday is the nomination ceremony for Tillis so it's a busy day :) just hope I have an equally awesome video somewhere between NCA and UCA. #fingerscrossed

That's so exciting! So with the other congressman would he have two nominations if he got that? Or how does it work? Sorry I'm clueless lol all I know about the air force comes from your posts about CP17 :D

That's so exciting! So with the other congressman would he have two nominations if he got that? Or how does it work? Sorry I'm clueless lol all I know about the air force comes from your posts about CP17 :D

Pretty sure he can only have one and Tillis' has already posted to his application. She said something about letters of assurance though (he doesn't have one of those- that's basically an early admittance to the academy that says IF you get a nomination you're in) so we're thinking maybe she's having him go to this interview in case someone else with a nomination for Tillis has a letter of assurance and line jumps him...maybe they can shuffle his nomination to another congressman. No idea.

Here's the thing each congressman has 10 slots for each academy, but they can only have 5 active cadets at any one academy at a time.

So while 10 kids from our congressional district and 20 more statewide can get nominated, (total of 30) only (basically) three (maybe four, Tillis is a freshman senator with no one at any academy yet) will actually get in. There's really only 1 slot guaranteed to someone from the board he's going to this week. With the nomination he has he has a 1/14 chance of getting in (there are 14 congressional districts in NC).

If Tillis has a kid somewhere in the state with a letter of assurance cp17 won't (likely) get in with his nomination.

So maybe they swap kids around in some last minute deal and that's why she has him going anyway.

The service academies are literally harder to get into than many Ivy League schools.

So. Much. Stress.

Pretty sure he can only have one and Tillis' has already posted to his application. She said something about letters of assurance though (he doesn't have one of those- that's basically an early admittance to the academy that says IF you get a nomination you're in) so we're thinking maybe she's having him go to this interview in case someone else with a nomination for Tillis has a letter of assurance and line jumps him...maybe they can shuffle his nomination to another congressman. No idea.

Here's the thing each congressman has 10 slots for each academy, but they can only have 5 active cadets at any one academy at a time.

So while 10 kids from our congressional district and 20 more statewide can get nominated, (total of 30) only (basically) three (maybe four, Tillis is a freshman senator with no one at any academy yet) will actually get in. There's really only 1 slot guaranteed to someone from the board he's going to this week. With the nomination he has he has a 1/14 chance of getting in (there are 14 congressional districts in NC).

If Tillis has a kid somewhere in the state with a letter of assurance cp17 won't (likely) get in with his nomination.

So maybe they swap kids around in some last minute deal and that's why she has him going anyway.

The service academies are literally harder to get into than many Ivy League schools.

So. Much. Stress.

That's so intense! Best of luck to him! He seems like a great candidate!
I'm assuming they take into account ACT/GPA etc too? That's a lot of required steps to get in! Eek [emoji16]

That's so intense! Best of luck to him! He seems like a great candidate!
I'm assuming they take into account ACT/GPA etc too? That's a lot of required steps to get in! Eek [emoji16]

Oh yes, academics and all the "well-roundedness" of any other application plus Dept of Defense medical screenings, a nomination, a pretty intense physical fitness test that can also knock you out if you can't make the cut. Blah blah. The application takes so long with so many components it actually opened in March when he was still a junior.

Oh yes, academics and all the "well-roundedness" of any other application plus Dept of Defense medical screenings, a nomination, a pretty intense physical fitness test that can also knock you out if you can't make the cut. Blah blah. The application takes so long with so many components it actually opened in March when he was still a junior.

my senior year of high school we had a girl get into Annapolis and when she got in the entire school had a celebration for her and members of the Navy came and presented her with the scholarship. It was so fun and exciting. I hope your CP gets to enjoy that same moment! Best of luck to him! :)

my senior year of high school we had a girl get into Annapolis and when she got in the entire school had a celebration for her and members of the Navy came and presented her with the scholarship. It was so fun and exciting. I hope your CP gets to enjoy that same moment! Best of luck to him! :)
I want that moment for him but not half as much as I DON'T want to hug the tears away if it doesn't happen. This is the only thing he's ever really wanted and he's worked so hard. I honestly can't think of one single other thing he could've done to make himself more competitive. If it's not enough I guess it's just not enough.

He's fourth in his class, has a 4.88 GPA has taken 8 AP classes, he rose up to a worlds level team in cheer, (the coach actually told him if she had the ability to recruit she'd have given him a "blue chip" and he'd be in for cheer already...but alas...cheer is not a sport so there are no blue chips for it) he swam, he's been his marching band drum major for three years, cadet commander of his civil air patrol squadron...heck he soloed his first plane before he got his drivers license.

But that's my biggest fear. Him not getting in. I'm not strong enough to hug those tears away. That's a special level of mom hell right there

^^^That is the sweetest video! Ugh, what a process. Your cp seems like an awesome kid...exactly the kind of kid we need in the Air Force Academy. I wish us random citizens had a vote! Fingers crossed for cp!

Back