All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I don't post too much anymore but I've been here a minute or two and most people who've been around know that cp17's goal since he was in the 6th grade (in all honesty since he was 6 years old) is to attend the US Air Force Academy. Well, he's a senior now and has been in the process of applying since last March (yeah, it's that involved).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a) your son seems like an incredible kid from everything you've posted on here, and I am beaming with pride for someone I don't even know. I'm *so* proud of him and so happy for him. Keep us posted!

b) One of my colleagues covered the Tillis campaign pretty intensely for the 2014 elections--to be completely frank I didn't think he had a chance in heck at winning, but it was a pleasant surprise when he did. My colleague had nothing but nice things to say about him.

a) your son seems like an incredible kid from everything you've posted on here, and I am beaming with pride for someone I don't even know. I'm *so* proud of him and so happy for him. Keep us posted!

b) One of my colleagues covered the Tillis campaign pretty intensely for the 2014 elections--to be completely frank I didn't think he had a chance in heck at winning, but it was a pleasant surprise when he did. My colleague had nothing but nice things to say about him.
He was very nice when we met him in DC this summer. He wasn't a great friend of public education at the state level in NC (quite the opposite) but I like him at the federal level much more in terms of policy.

Thanks for the nice words about cp17, I agree but I'm clearly biased :D

He was very nice when we met him in DC this summer. He wasn't a great friend of public education at the state level in NC (quite the opposite) but I like him at the federal level much more in terms of policy.

If you're ever back in DC please let me know! :)

I'm in guidance. I have never had a student actually apply, but I HAVE had students tell me they are interested in one of the service academies.

We have brochures, so I sit down and give them a brief overview of the requirements and why applying to West Point is not like applying to State U.

They usually change their minds. No one actually wants to do the work to get admitted to West Point/USNA/etc. They just want to talk about it.

So I posted in the random thread a while ago about fundraising for the Walk to End Alzheimer's for my sorority. We were trying to maintain our streak and be the top fundraising chapter in the country for the third year in a row (and our fourth year as a chapter). Our goal was $45,000, which was plenty to be number one (I think the second was around $30,000). However, we just got our final numbers and we ended up raising $63,498.44! Last year we raised $37,000 so we almost doubled that. The Alzheimer's Association came to present an award to us and invite our VP Philanthropy from 2015 and our new one for 2016 to their leadership conference next month, and the head of the Sigma Kappa foundation came to speak to us too! My great grandma passed away from Alzheimer's so it's personal to me and it makes my heart happy that we can do so much for the Alzheimer's Association, both in my chapter and nationally. Our national team (all chapters in the country) raised over $500,000 to become a platinum team so Sigma Kappa will be on the back of the Walk shirts next year :)

So I posted in the random thread a while ago about fundraising for the Walk to End Alzheimer's for my sorority. We were trying to maintain our streak and be the top fundraising chapter in the country for the third year in a row (and our fourth year as a chapter). Our goal was $45,000, which was plenty to be number one (I think the second was around $30,000). However, we just got our final numbers and we ended up raising $63,498.44! Last year we raised $37,000 so we almost doubled that. The Alzheimer's Association came to present an award to us and invite our VP Philanthropy from 2015 and our new one for 2016 to their leadership conference next month, and the head of the Sigma Kappa foundation came to speak to us too! My great grandma passed away from Alzheimer's so it's personal to me and it makes my heart happy that we can do so much for the Alzheimer's Association, both in my chapter and nationally. Our national team (all chapters in the country) raised over $500,000 to become a platinum team so Sigma Kappa will be on the back of the Walk shirts next year :)

Congrats and such a worthy cause

I want that moment for him but not half as much as I DON'T want to hug the tears away if it doesn't happen. This is the only thing he's ever really wanted and he's worked so hard. I honestly can't think of one single other thing he could've done to make himself more competitive. If it's not enough I guess it's just not enough.

He's fourth in his class, has a 4.88 GPA has taken 8 AP classes, he rose up to a worlds level team in cheer, (the coach actually told him if she had the ability to recruit she'd have given him a "blue chip" and he'd be in for cheer already...but alas...cheer is not a sport so there are no blue chips for it) he swam, he's been his marching band drum major for three years, cadet commander of his civil air patrol squadron...heck he soloed his first plane before he got his drivers license.

But that's my biggest fear. Him not getting in. I'm not strong enough to hug those tears away. That's a special level of mom hell right there

Best of luck to him! Sounds like a wonderful kid!

One of our gyms teams is on the Flo Cheer website page.
4135a9c3dd9564d1171d8ffaed4fef6a.jpg

I've posted here before about my daughter and her not being a natural tumbler. I have to say that tonight she got her standing 2 and RO to 2. Her tumbling coach is doing an amazing job with her! She's gotten more accomplished in the last 2 months of privates than she did in all that time at our previous gym. I'm extremely proud of her! Her goal is to have her tuck by tryouts in the 1st week of May.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Wow! I started this thread almost 5 years ago and it's still going! This is so cool. I'm so happy to see all the great posts and accomplishments by so many. My cp is only cheering in HS now but we have so many friends still in the allstar world. Some have moved on to Twisters (F5 & Reign) and others have remained on FAME. I'm so proud of each and every one of them for thriving and moving up. Every single one of them have moved on to a level 5 team this year. That's huge! Can't wait to see what the next couple years have in store for us. It's all up to my cp if she decides to return to the allstar world. She's had invites but still hasn't caught the bug lol. We shall see :)

Latest posts

Back